Ratings for Dr. W D Gregory

My18 year old daughter had surgery on her leg for a blocked artery with Dr Gregory recently and was told it would be 3 hours long and 3 to 4 days in hospital. It took him 7 hours afterwards he admitted he had made a mistake and cut a nerve resulting in nerve damage and loss of feeling in her foot. He apologized that she would not be able to dance in her recital and then said he wanted to pass her case onto another surgeon. 6 weeks later it is termined that the nerve is also compressed which now requires an additional surgery before the nerve dies off completely! During the pre-op he asked if he was going surgery on the right leg, meanwhile after many visits to her office he should have known it was the left! A young girl with this to deal with not once but twice due to his "mistake". So disgusted with him, he should not be practicing!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

My 18 year old daughter had surgery done by Dr Gregory recently to remove s blocked artery in her leg. He told me 3 hours and 3 to 4 days in hospital. The surgery took 7 hours and when complete he admitted to me he made a mistake and cut her nerve resulting in nerve dsmage and loss of feeling in her foot. He then said he did not want to deal with her case anymore and passed it on to another Dr. 6 weeks later IT is determined after nerve testing that the nerve is also compressed and she requires an additional surgery or the nerve will die. Even in the pre op he asked if he was going yo be working on the right leg, meanwhile the surgery was for the left leg!! He should retire before he kills someone!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Had bowel resection surgery performed by Dr. WD Gregory in 07. Was told I'd be home in 6 days. I was in the Brampton memorial for four and a half months and almost died.I think he opened me up ,cut my bowel and then realized he wasn't much of a bowel surgeon.A two hour surgery took him 9.5 hrs and he put everything back together all twisted and forgot to do an ileostomy which is done to prevent bacteria infested stool from passing through the surgical area preventing serious life threatening infection. I weighed in at 230 lbs when I got to the hospital in May and left the hospital the following Sept weighing 132 lbs.Not my best summer... Anyway ...Infection spread to my lungs and a hole had to be cut between my rib cage and a tube inserted into my lung to drain the fluid so that I could breath.He sent me home with a Jackson pratt "rubber ball with a tube attached to it" normally removed two days after surgery but i had it for one year and sought another surgeon to re do everything when he refused to answer my calls.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

when I was diagnosed with cancer he worked my surgery into his day so I did not have to wait

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Dr. Wayne Gregory is a fantastic doctor. I personally have had a pacemaker placed inside of me and he was there with me during pre and post recovery time checking up. Everyone who is bad mouthing him needs to understand that he is a surgeon, they are not meant to stay by our sides and comfort us; that is what the nurses are there for. His job is to preform the procedure/surgery if it seems necessary and that is exactly what he did without any complications. Although he was only with me for a few minutes afterwards, he was very knowledgeable and kind-hearted. You will never see this man without a smile on his face. Please, anyone who is going to have surgery with Dr. Gregory, do not be scared or listen to these other comments, he is absolutely fantastic and you will be in great hands. God bless

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

I had vein surgery with Dr. Gregory, I was given the wrong discharge information, no post surgery advice and after much discomfort and pain my my leg is not only riddled with veins but also has a dozen scars on them. When I followed up with him re. numbness and pain after 3 mths he claimed he had never heard of anything like this. He had no advice for me whatsoever, now I'm seeking the advice and help of another doctor who specializes in this field.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr. Gregory is the best! He is extremely knowledge, has an excellent sense of humour and provided great care for me while I was in the hospital. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I brought my mother to him when she was referred to him by another doctor at Brampton Civic. Dr. Gregory was the rudest doctor I have ever seen. I would not recommend anyone wasting their time on him. No bedside manner at all. Maybe he should consider retiring.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I met Dr. Gregory in the hospital with a severe problem...mesenteric venous thrombosis. He was a bit abrupt when I first met him. I realized later that it was due to his concern for me. He treated me with medication and I avoided a life altering surgery. Once I was out of the woods, he lightened up tremendously and actually cracked a smile. He also referred me to the best doctors to follow up with.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

had surgery by him, and would not ever see him again if he was the last doctor available. bedside manners are the worst i have ever seen. no compassion whatsoever! and received a horrible infection that he just laughed off.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007