Ratings for Dr. Lawrence S. Turtel

Other docs have not been able to examine my daughter. Dr. Turtel did magic and my daughter was mesmerized. Great experience!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Staff out front is incredibly rude. I dislike coming to this office .... Really abrasive personalities.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

What a nightmare. I have a daughter with a cortical visual impairment due to cp. We first visited Dr. Turtel when my daughter was an infant. He told me that she was blind, and there was nothing we could do. At that time she was not tracking, so we went to a specialized nueroopthamologist. We worked on tracking, and had a vision specialist come to the house to work with My daughter. She had wonderful improvements. Unfortunately, the specialized opthamologist did not take our insurance, and i found out that the special mirraflex glasses were available through Dr. Turtel. After my daughters third birthday, Hesitantly, we went back to visit Dr. Turtel. We waited over an hour. Finally, he walks in and with a very hopeless sounding voice says, "I remember you, this was a very sad story." I was very put back by this greeting. You never tell someone there life is a sad story. Especially when it is not over. He told me a prescription would be useless because there is nothing that could help her

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Turtel is wonderful. He is nice, fun-loving, calming, and very smart. He answers all the questions you could possibly have and is very willing to learn more about the patient. He is the best and most patient doctor I ever had while growing up.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Dr. Turtel is brilliant. He is patient, humorous and extremely knowledgeable. Both of my children see him. He listens, really listens. There are not many like Dr. Turtel. And, he understands rare conditions, and will work with the parents. A+

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Wonderful bedside manner, infinitely patient and funny. Most importantly a man who quite obviously has a vocation to help people and displayed it in spades to me and my family. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Staff is not helpful, waiting room a mess BUT Dr. Turtel is the best--absolutely the most patient man/doctor I've ever seen. He must have told my daughter 100x--"Look at the TV...look at the screen...." Never lost his temper. Didn't push us into surgery. Great guy.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr Turtel is a very kind, compassionate and caring individual. He eased my fears regarding my 6 year old daughters eyesight. He did a thorough exam, and treated us both with much respect. Thumbs up to Dr. Turtel and his staff. This ofice is run extremely well, and they all proved themselves to be truly exceptional. Keep up the great caliber of medical care, you are tuly a one of a kind office!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

Dr. Lawrence S. Turtel's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1986)

Oxford