Ratings for Dr. Vincent Lin

Dr. Lin performed my surgery for a Cochlear Implant. I can only say that my dealings with Dr. Lin and his staff , from the beginning of my journey, has been nothing but positive. He is my hero!!! He is professional, knowledgeable, honest and kind - he made me feel that I was his only patient.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Lin by an ENT surgeon after a sizable tumor was discovered in my middle ear. A hearing test revealed that I lost 60% of my hearing capacity. After examination and ultrasound, Dr. Lin diagnosed the tumor as a glomus tumor. Dr.Lin discussed the options for treatment with his recommendation for surgery in details. He was very honest about the expectations for the surgery. Because of the size of the tumor and its location, he make an excision behind the ear and through the drum. He also indicated that there might have been a need for a reconstructive surgery for the bones, in the future. On the day of the surgery, the team at Sunnybrook hospital were amazing in their encouragement, support and professionalism. When I woke up, I was told that the surgery took 3 hours and that the glomus tumor has been wholly extracted and that the damage to the bone was minimal so Dr. Lin was able to perform the reconstruction of the bones as well I am grateful that I was referred to Dr. Lin as he is very professional, calm, knowledgeable and honest. He is an amazing surgeon as well and specialized in rare and truly challenging situations. His team were in constant contact with me from the time of the initial appointment to the surgery and in the rehab period, and made the stressful time easier.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I have to thank this guy beyond belief... Dr. Lin, since our initial consultation we had together you have been nothing but positive about this brain tumour. You gave me so much hope when I needed it the most and reassured me that even though my life would be different I would recover really well. Thank you for your outstanding skills, I am so fortunate to have such a great outcome when the risks were so high. I will always be indebted to you. Thank you for saving my life, I will never forget you. Ryan H

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Thank you Dr. Lin - you are the best! I wish all doctors are like you - friendly, caring, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I was referred to Dr Lin by an ENT doctor I have been seeing for about 7 years for treatment of Menieres. After several treatments (including corizone injection ) I still suffered attacks. On my first visit Dr. Lin prescribed a tablet. Not one attack since that day, and that was 6 months ago. Great doctor who is all you expect a doctor to be: pleasant, easy to talk to , and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

While I'm not 100% sure why the staff at Sunnybrook are allowed wearing facemasks (do they not know they work with the deaf who probably need to lipread?) and the centre itself is very busy, Dr Lin is very good at explaining the situation and all the options while keeping expectations realistic. Most of my appointments have been after he's done in surgery somewhere else so wait times are a little meh, but totally worth it for this particular Doc.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had a growth in my ear that did considerable damage to the interior bones, etc. Dr. Lin performed a Canal wall up Mastodectomy. I was terrified-but he did an amazing reconstruction job and I only lost a little of my hearing. I am very grateful for his skill and his kindness. I just wish he could make the ringing go away :)

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

he is super kind and knows exactly know what he is doing!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

What a pleasure to be treated by such a competent and caring man. He talked to me in a way I could understand, and not in "doctor-speak". He is genuinely interested in his patients and hopes, like we do, for the best possible results. He also tells you "like it is" - in a kind way - so you do not expect miracles. But I am happy to say, I do see improvement!!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Busy, busy, clinic at Sunnybrook. Dr. Lin is personable and competent. He treated my SHL and while I am still deaf I have no complaints with the care given.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014