Ratings for Dr. Vincent Lin

I have to thank this guy beyond belief... Dr. Lin, since our initial consultation we had together you have been nothing but positive about this brain tumour. You gave me so much hope when I needed it the most and reassured me that even though my life would be different I would recover really well. Thank you for your outstanding skills, I am so fortunate to have such a great outcome when the risks were so high. I will always be indebted to you. Thank you for saving my life, I will never forget you. Ryan H

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I wish I could rate this dr higher but it would be false for me to do so. I live in Northern Ontario and my family dr referred me to Dr Lin. But Dr Lin won't see me because 1) I don't live in Toronto and/or 2)I wasn't referred by a specialist (the wait time for an ENT to make that referral in my town is over a year). So while I hear wonderful things about him, I will never know. I think this is an awful way to conduct his practice and keeps underserviced areas, underserviced. If someone is ill and desperate enough to be referred to a dr 4 hours away, that dr should have the courtesy to see them at some point in time. We don't expect preferential treatment but we also don't expect to be punished for not living in Toronto. If you don't meet the criteria above, save your time and look for a referral elsewhere. I waited 2 months just to be told he wouldn't see me. The referral was faxed in..I would expect a cursory review of the address and sender should've allowed for an immediate response but that is not the case. Before I finally received a reply, I sent follow up emails and also left a message on the office answering machine and never got a reply or a callback at all. The denial eventually went back to my family dr, two months later. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Thank you Dr. Lin - you are the best! I wish all doctors are like you - friendly, caring, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I was referred to Dr Lin by an ENT doctor I have been seeing for about 7 years for treatment of Menieres. After several treatments (including corizone injection ) I still suffered attacks. On my first visit Dr. Lin prescribed a tablet. Not one attack since that day, and that was 6 months ago. Great doctor who is all you expect a doctor to be: pleasant, easy to talk to , and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

While I'm not 100% sure why the staff at Sunnybrook are allowed wearing facemasks (do they not know they work with the deaf who probably need to lipread?) and the centre itself is very busy, Dr Lin is very good at explaining the situation and all the options while keeping expectations realistic. Most of my appointments have been after he's done in surgery somewhere else so wait times are a little meh, but totally worth it for this particular Doc.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had a growth in my ear that did considerable damage to the interior bones, etc. Dr. Lin performed a Canal wall up Mastodectomy. I was terrified-but he did an amazing reconstruction job and I only lost a little of my hearing. I am very grateful for his skill and his kindness. I just wish he could make the ringing go away :)

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

he is super kind and knows exactly know what he is doing!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

What a pleasure to be treated by such a competent and caring man. He talked to me in a way I could understand, and not in "doctor-speak". He is genuinely interested in his patients and hopes, like we do, for the best possible results. He also tells you "like it is" - in a kind way - so you do not expect miracles. But I am happy to say, I do see improvement!!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Busy, busy, clinic at Sunnybrook. Dr. Lin is personable and competent. He treated my SHL and while I am still deaf I have no complaints with the care given.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Ecellent surgeon. My husband came to Dr vincent after Another surgeon performed a surgey at humber hospital. Surgey went wrong and we were sent to dr vincent . He fixed the problem bynperforming another surgery.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014