You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sanusi H. Umar

High pressure sales team and poor patient care. Not a good mix

Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Sanusi H. Umar's response
We advised that you be off a surgery schedule until all questions and concerns you might have were addressed satisfactorily. You refused and for no reason threatened to damage our reputation, claiming to be a Yelp employee. You were never treated by our clinic in any capacity.

Submitted January 12, 2016

great artistic touch and ability to create a natural look

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr Umar is a fantastic surgeon and performed a near miracle on me by transplanting non-head hair to my scalp to repair prior poorly done work (given that I had a depleted scalp donor source). He is one of a few physicians who publishes his work in top peer-reviewed journals and is internationally aclaimed. I got a "kick" out of reading an obviously bogus (the only negative one here) review below that mentions his opersting room as looking like a third-world location. As a physician myself, I appreciate that Dr U has obvious state-of-the art facilities and practices; he would not be so highly regarded by both patients and peers otherwise.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

As someone who recently went to Dr. Umar for a hair transplant, I must echo the positive sentiments of many on this site. I had a rather extensive (morning to evening) three-day procedure April 7-9 2015, the experience of which I found to be excellent, both with the doctor and his staff. I knew going into this that Dr. Umar has a special skill set with difficult hair transplants, and his results and reputation in complicated hair transplant situations are widely publicized. And mine was not complicated - it was very straight forward and one that most any competent hair transplant doctor could handle. But I knew of Dr. Umar’s reputation overall, and I wanted my “straight forward” hair transplant to be in the best hands possible. And I’m glad I did. As although my original procedure was a standard hair transplant case, following my procedure, I developed a small area of infection, which became very concerning to me. Dr. Umar immediately addressed it, and in fact took special care to see me each and every week for the past month or so (at no expense) to insure I healed properly, examining and prescribing the appropriate treatment as things progressed. I’m over that small infection hurdle now, and I consider myself now blessed to not only have a great hair transplant doctor, but also a great dermatologist. And has for my small complication, the Doc has promised to fill in the impacted area with any hair grafts that might be needed at no charge. I doubt I’ll need any, but I’d consider Dr. Umar a perfectionist when he implied 10-20 grafts might be needed to make things ideal. Out of my original 4,000 grafts, I’d say that’s a doctor that wants to leave me perfect. The office is busy, and he seems to work non-stop as does his staff, but every time I’ve been there, both the assistants and the Doc treat me extremely well. And they have a form to fill out each and every time asking the patient to rate the experience with both the doctor and the staff, which tells me they take customer/patient care very seriously. I would not hesitate to enthusiastically encourage any of my work/personal friends or family to see Dr. Umar for anything within his specialties.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Idk, this post doesn’t ring true to me at all. I am a very happy hair transplant patient of Dr. Umar and feel compelled to respond. Dr. Umar completely re-worked my 1990s hair transplant and saved me from looking like a transplant victim. I couldn’t be happier with Dr. Umar and his staff both professionally and personally. My hairline hasn’t looked this good since my early twenties. First off, Dr. Umar is the kindest, most thoughtful, and respectful doctor I’ve ever visited. He’s always very patient with me and answers my questions never being condescending or seeming exasperated. The man speaks the King’s English and is one of the most polite and eloquent people I’ve ever encountered. I’ve never seen him treat his staff poorly and they always seem happy to be a part of the clinic “family” he has built over the years. My extraction sites are completely undetectable. No “holes” or scars whatsoever. In fact, I often challenge friends to find the extraction sites and no one has ever been able to do so. My results are very seamless. My hairline and density are top notch. I’ve had three transplant docs over the years dating back to 1993 and Dr. Umar is by far the most caring and talented. He always followed up personally with me after a procedure and went the extra mile making sure I was following his post-op instructions to insure the best possible result. The negative poster here never mentioned his result or yield at all. This also seems odd to me. His clinic offices are state-of-the art. I have a feeling the poster must have confused Dr. Umar with another doc. The operating table is like a thick memory foam mattress: extremely comfortable and cushy. I actually fell asleep on that table during a procedure. It’s always sparkling clean and fresh. Like something out of a Star Trek movie. As for him being “burned out” or “in pain” this seems patricianly odd as Dr. Umar is in excellent physical condition. I believe he works out at the gym in the building of his clinic often. The man is built like a professional athlete for Pete’s sake. Lol. Idk, that whole post is suspicious to me. My experience was the complete opposite. I’ve visited the clinic with relatives and friends who have also had procedures done there and their experiences were nothing but positive and the results excellent. If anyone would like to see my result in person, feel free to contact me.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr.umar is a arrogant person I had been treated very badly by him. He does not know how to treat people with respect . I think that he has done so many procedures that he is burned out . I had 5000 grafts done. Beard to scalp and nape to scalp. Needed to fill in scar ear to ear linear and top of scalp. On my face he left me with holes that don't go away it looks like I had terrible acne scars . I feel that this procedure he did disfigured me and that he did not warn me of this terrible outcome . He did not talk to me and if tried to ask him questions he seemed to get angry. He did not follow up on my recovery or care about me in any way. I feel complete used by him . When I was in surgery he was very rude to his staff and when I was on the operating table he injected his needles as if he was putting them in to a cadaver. His. Operating room I felt was unsanitary and reminded me of a third world hospital. On the table where The patient puts their face there was no cushion it was worn away only hard metal. I was bruised on my face from being pressed against it during surgery. He extracted hair from the side of my head from my beard and the back of my head where I have my cow lick area near my neck.all these areas weeks after the surgery got infested with pimples not only small pimples but big boil type and painful that also left scars. I feel ripped off . Oh yeah when I was waking up from the anesthesia I heard Dr. Umar grimace with pain from his hand I think that he has done so many surgeries that fatigue factor has alot to do with his disposition he is in pain when he has to do thousands of repetitive movements over the years.

Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr. Sanusi H. Umar's response
Your review is completely false. No patient fitting your profile exists in our records. You did not have the surgery you alleged at our clinic, whoever you are. Patients that come to our clinic will find an operating chair in our surgical suite that is state of the art. The chair is the Alpha classic Pro model by Marquet. http://www.maquet.com/int/product/ALPHACLASSIC-PRO#tab=Features Not only is it technologically advanced and made so as to accommodate almost every conceivable patient's posture, it comes with thick memory foams in all its toppings, including its head rest. Some of our patients have commented on how the OR table is the most comfortable bed they have ever been on. Dr. Umar has personally written on the subject of patient and surgeon consults in the chapter of a well regarded scientific journal. We invite you to read his article. http://www.facialplastic.theclinics.com/article/S1064-7406%2813%2900062-X/abstract Our patients are regularly provided with written forms on which to express any of their questions or concerns. This process starts well before the surgical date, is repeated on every day of the surgery, and continues with follow ups every 3 months for 12-18 months. E-mail contact is encouraged. Dr Umar is very thorough in answering all questions from his patients and is accessible to them, even after surgery. Dr Umar is considerate and takes the welfare of his staff seriously. Not surprisingly, Dr. Umar holds his staff to high standards so as to deliver the best quality of care to his patients. We have a page on our website called “life at DermHair” that speaks to staff affairs: https://www.dermhairclinic.com/life-at-dermhair-clinic/ We invite you to visit the clinic if you are in the Southern California area.

Submitted May 22, 2015

I had a tattoo for over 6 years now that i wanted to get removed ASAP, Dr Umar has done 2 treatments and the tattoo is already fading away!, a few more treatments and the tattoo will be gone forever, I am very happy with my results :)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I selected Dr. Umar based on his expertise and innovation in FUE techniques and was very pleased with the results. His staff was professional and friendly and I felt at ease the entire time. His follow up is also very good and you really get the sense that he is trying to achieve the best possible surgical outcome. I would highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I went to Dr. Umar for a hair transplant scar repair. Another doctor had left me with a bad hair transplant scar that was visible and it ruined my existing hair around the scar at the time. Dr. Umar placed around 450 beard grafts into the scar area. The staff and Dr. Umar were very friendly. I slept through most of the procedure. Dr. Umar was very prompt at answering all my post op questions. The results are excellent. Dr. Umar gave me my self confidence back and a new reason to smile. Thank you Dr, Umar.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I had a poor 1990's Hair Transplant and virtually no remaining donor hair. Through the use of Dr. Umar's innovative beard hair and body hair transplant techniques, My hairline was restored and looks very natural. My strip scar from the 1990's HT Procedure was also repaired by adding beard hair to the scar strip. I am very pleased with Dr. Umar's work and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Sanusi H. Umar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Maiduguri, Coll Med Sci, Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria (Grad. 1990)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "High pressure sales team and poor patient care. Not a good mix"

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "great artistic touch and ability to create a natural look"

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Umar is a fantastic surgeon and performed a near miracle on me by transplanting non-head hair to my scalp to repair prior poorly done work (given that I had ..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As someone who recently went to Dr. Umar for a hair transplant, I must echo the positive sentiments of many on this site. I had a rather extensive (morning to ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Idk, this post doesn’t ring true to me at all. I am a very happy hair transplant patient of Dr. Umar and feel compelled to respond. Dr. Umar completely re-wor..."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.umar is a arrogant person I had been treated very badly by him. He does not know how to treat people with respect . I think that he has done so many procedur..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tattoo for over 6 years now that i wanted to get removed ASAP, Dr Umar has done 2 treatments and the tattoo is already fading away!, a few more treatmen..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I selected Dr. Umar based on his expertise and innovation in FUE techniques and was very pleased with the results. His staff was professional and friendly and ..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Umar for a hair transplant scar repair. Another doctor had left me with a bad hair transplant scar that was visible and it ruined my existing hair..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a poor 1990's Hair Transplant and virtually no remaining donor hair. Through the use of Dr. Umar's innovative beard hair and body hair transplant techn..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the AKN removal surgery recently I'm very please at the results. He has did a wonderful job. His staff are all professional and knowledgeable."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr U for under eye bags. I have been to many clinics before and treated by different personnel, but at Finetouch Dr U took the time to treat me and he..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my procedure done with Dr Umar almost a year ago and am very satisfied with my results. The Dr and his staff and very friendly and professional, they wer..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Umar performed my second hair transplant procedure. Let me tell you-his technique allows to do what was unthinkable a decade ago. My first hair transplant pr..."

September 28, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This describes my visit to Dr. Umar's Redondo Beach facility re: a potential hair transplant: I went for an initial consultation Tuesday September 23 and am fa..."

September 27, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very expensive and you have to pay fully 1 month prior to procedure.Dr Umar is very good at his craft but I know what people say he is a bit aloof and comes acr..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had Acne Keloidalis Nuchae for 25 years and everything had failed. I finally had it removed last year by Dr. Umar and it was 100% succesful. I was so impres..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best Doctor to go to for AKN removal or treatment. Staff are always welcoming and very professional."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Good doc. Did my procedure 14 months ago and my hair just regrew. Too bad it takes such a long time. Doc and his staff were very professional"

September 9, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Sanusi" to "Sanusi H."

October 20, 2013