Ratings for Dr. Paul Alter

I have been seeing Dr. Alter for many years. He knows what he's doing, I trust him, he really cares and his staff is excellent. At the same time, his humour, banter and stories keeps me coming back. He is professional and puts his patients first.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

The many years in Dr. Alter's care remains a story of PRAISE. Not only is his passion for his profession remarkable, it is the zeal with which he expands his knowledge in all health related disciplines and most enthusiastically sharing it with you. Above all, it lies in his humanity that makes each visit a time well spent, making those historically associated trepidation, having to face the dentist's chair, obsolete. " 10 out of 10"

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Great Dentist, thorough and knowledgeable. I needed to switch dentists when i moved and was pretty hesitant since my old dentist had been great, I have visited Dr Alter twice now and he impresses more each time. He is detailed and thorough but also explains what he is doing like no other dentist i have been too. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Alter

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr. Alter is very thorough, tedious and a perfectionist in his treatments and only concern is of his patients. He is always up to date with the latest technology in dentistry. He is very polite and his manner and treatments display how much he values his patients. He realizes that his patients/customers are the reason he is in business and so successful and without them there is no practice.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Alter is arrogant and treats his staff poorly. I was a patient for a couple of years and it was not a good experience. Once, while replacing a filling, I advised him the freezing was not working. His response was that he could inject me with freezing 50 more times to try and find the right spot or he could just be quick. Unfrozen filling replacement is not fun. He spent all his time trying to get me to refer him to others or complaining that his doctor would not give him preferential treatment over other patients. He talks down to his staff in an unmasked derisive tone right in front of patients.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Alter saved my teeth, which had been neglected in my early adulthood. He has consistently provided good advice and highly professional and competent work. Top notch over decades of practice on my teeth.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Alter has been my dentist for many years and has been respectful, kind and caring. His touch working in my mouth is gentle and he had some difficult teeth to fix and always found A excellent solulution. Found an excellent solution . Dr. Alter is an excellent dentist

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Alter has been the best dentist for me in years. I have never felt better. It is worth the drive to continue with him since we have moved and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

I have been a patient for almost 20 years. Dr. Alter is a perfectionist and a permanent student. He is always looking for new and better ways to care for my teeth, jaw and bite. If anything, his passion for his patients and new ideas has grown over the years to heights you rarely see outside academic medicine. Recently, he has done remarkable work with my TMJ and bite to assist with apnea and clenching. He is always transparent with respect to fees. His team is first rate.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Great Experience! A dentist who is passionate about his job and your health! Explains every step of his practice and keeps you informed. Extremely personable as is his staff. Cares about more than just your oral health and helped me tackle other health issues I was facing. By far the best dentist I have visited!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Paul Alter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alter uses a holistic approach when treating his patients. He strongly believes patients benefit more and get longer-lasting results from an approach based on wellness. He has spent years honing his clinical skills in areas which include designing the smile aesthetic, restorations using white fillings, fine tuning your smile inexpensively with bonding, strengthening weak teeth with all porcelain crowns and bridges, utilization of implants where feasible, making dentures fit like they were your own teeth by attaching the denture to an implant, as well as doing traditional partial and complete dentures. Dr. Alter strongly believes that simply fixing a tooth will not contribute to patient wellness unless he understands what caused the problem to occur in the first place. Knowing the cause allows Dr. Alter to make better decisions about how best to fix your teeth. His wellness-based approach is also well suited to understanding the relationship between sleep, chronic pain, and jaw joint problems. Most of the wear and tear we subject our teeth to in today's world is in large part due to channeling our stress into our shoulders, neck, and jaw. Dr. Alter is married, has two adult children who have families of their own. He enjoys kayaking, skating, skiing, and playing tennis.

• Tagalog