Ratings for Dr. Curtis A. Pettaway

Dr. Pettaway performed a prostatectomy on me this last year. The results of his surgery have not been very good. Within 4 weeks of surgery I had to be admitted to the emergency room with an abyss in my pelvis. I also had two other bladder infections as a result of the infection. The doctors that treated me felt that my problems were a result of poor medical and hospital care after surgery. Dr. Pettaway is also a very abrupt and arrogant person. He was very condescending and abrupt with my wife when ever she asked any question. I also had difficulty getting anybody to return calls to me. Finally, I have not yet attained full recovery as Dr. Pettaway promised. I have switched doctors to somebody I can trust and somebody that communicates better. I would not recommend Dr. Pettaway to anybody with such a major surgery.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Dr. Pettaway is a gifted surgeon and fine doctor. He has always been friendly and answered any question I have asked. He was patient and re-stated his answers when I needed clarification. His PA, Michael Kincade, is amazing. As a team, Dr. Pettaway and Mr. Kincade are unbeatable in the diagnosis and treatment of the rare and unusual cancers. I would gladly recommend Dr. Pettaway to anyone needing his skills as an Urologist/Oncologist.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

He is abrupt and impatient qand shows no empathy. He also seemed irritated with questions.His nurse was hard to understand due to accent. His PA was wonderful,however.As for the surgery,the technique was impeccable - and that was most important.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Dr. Curtis A. Pettaway's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1983)