Ratings for Dr. Jason Chastain

We began seeing Jason (a PA, not MD) when he worked with Dr. Bishop. We followed him to Bent Tree Family Physicians after he unexpectedly left and we later tracked him down. Now he has unexpectedly left Bent Tree. I've never had a caregiver do this. We have always, as loyal patients, been given notice. After over 10 years as our PCP, I'm not tracking him down again. My opinion is that he has begun to think too highly of himself. We're sticking with Terra at Bent Tree. She is wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Where is Jason? They said he is taking a break? But I know he loved his job!!!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Where is Jason. My husband and I have been seeing Jason since he started working for Dr Bishop. He is no longer w BTFP. It is difficult to find someone you trust and feel comfortable with .

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I WAS VERY BAD WITH MY SPINE THIS SUMMER. DR. BISHOP WAS RETIREING SOO I WENT TO SEE JASON. HE GAVE ME MEDCINE AND HAD A MRI DONE, HE SENT ME TO DR. SHEN. I CALLED THIS WEEK TO SEE HIM AND HES GONE SOMEWHERES ELES. LUSTER

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

I was always very please with Dr Jason. He was helpful in trying to save me money when he knew I was without a job/insurance and needed the medications I was on. I am however VERY displeased to find out that he is no longer at the practice when I called to make an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Jason ordered $4000 of unnecessary medical tests on me. My ins paid the lion's share but when I talked with Jason and told him how upset I was about these tests he promised to pay the balance. It has been over 4 months and I am still getting notices to pay from the lab. I have talked to him, his office, and the lab rep. Everyone promises to "take care of it" and yet I am still receiving dunning notices. VERY untrustworthy and unprofessional behavior from both him and his staff. I am complaining to the State Medical Board about the unnecessary testing an untrustworthy behavior.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I used to really like Jason, however in the last year he has given me very bad advice twice. In one instance when I asked him if I could be suffering from Pre menopause symptoms, he shrugged his shoulders and said you will get menopause when you get it. In another instance he recommended surgery for something that did not require it also while he KNEW I did not have insurance. I am afraid Im done with Mr Chastain.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Jason for years now. He is Dr. Bishop's PA &Jason is the best doctor I've yet to go to. Not only does he want to help you he actually cares about you, &does what is best for you in your life. He's just a great doctor &he'll always listen. He goes above and beyond whats in his job description!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008