Ratings for Dr. Andre Truter

Dr Truter did an absolutely amazing job on my surgery. I was expecting it to be way more painful and recovery to take much longer. What struck me about Dr Truter was his caring approach. When we first met hm he came across as very technical and analytical. In the lead up to surgery and post surgery is where his caring side really shone through. He came by my room every day, even through the weekend, made sure I was recouvering well and listened to my questions. As I said to my wife “He may not be the chattiest Dr we’ve ever had, but he sure is skilled and really cares about his patients”

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Very informative, knowledgeable, professional and excellent at what he does. His staff is also 2 thumbs up. Highly recommend. Thank you for everything that you did.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Truly the best doctor I have ever had. Bed side manner "extrodianare ". And Carla his assistant nurse was so kind and compassionate. Highly recommend .

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I definitely recommend Dr. Truter. He was kind, patient and thorough and his staff are outstanding! You feel really well looked after by them all.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Punctuality, irrelevant. Bedside manor, just as irrelevant. staff, if I had a business I would want these ladies on my side! Helpfulness, important to have a strong family doctor for any follow up that is needed. Dr. Truter is an talented surgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Good bedside manner. I would highly recommend him for laproscopic gallbladder removal.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Help me get thru a very serious illness, great team

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr Truter is an excellent doctor. Always concerned with your well being and very attentive to all details. Very good bed side manner and made me feel comfortable with all his decisions. I would recommend him to all my friends and family if the need would arise.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Truter performed an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy on me recently (Dec 2015). Prior to meeting him in the ER, I had fear based on how routine this procedure most likely is for a general surgeon and that I would not receive much in the way of attentiveness. However, this was not the case. Dr. Truter had excellent conduct during both pre and post op interaction. It was my first surgery and I was quite nervous about the whole thing but Dr. Truter had a reassuring and professional persona that helped me calm down. He also made time to answer my questions and did not cause any feeling of being rushed. The surgery went flawlessly and I am recovering without any complications.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr Truter literally saved my life when I collapsed with a previously unsuspected massive bowel tumour. The surgery was top notch, the care couldn't have been better. Unfortunately, the wound infected and a small hernia developed. He didn't want to do a repair on it saying I was too fat and "would ruin his reputation". Now three years later the hernia has developed into a strangulated bowel condition and I face some serious surgery to repair what could have been a simple, small job. My weight hasn't changed in the intervening years, and the doctors I now have don't feel there will be any problems with the upcoming major hernia repair whatsoever. I am split on how I feel about him. On one hand, perfect, on the other.... a total waste.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015