Ratings for Dr. Andre Truter

Help me get thru a very serious illness, great team

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr Truter is an excellent doctor. Always concerned with your well being and very attentive to all details. Very good bed side manner and made me feel comfortable with all his decisions. I would recommend him to all my friends and family if the need would arise.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Truter performed an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy on me recently (Dec 2015). Prior to meeting him in the ER, I had fear based on how routine this procedure most likely is for a general surgeon and that I would not receive much in the way of attentiveness. However, this was not the case. Dr. Truter had excellent conduct during both pre and post op interaction. It was my first surgery and I was quite nervous about the whole thing but Dr. Truter had a reassuring and professional persona that helped me calm down. He also made time to answer my questions and did not cause any feeling of being rushed. The surgery went flawlessly and I am recovering without any complications.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr Truter literally saved my life when I collapsed with a previously unsuspected massive bowel tumour. The surgery was top notch, the care couldn't have been better. Unfortunately, the wound infected and a small hernia developed. He didn't want to do a repair on it saying I was too fat and "would ruin his reputation". Now three years later the hernia has developed into a strangulated bowel condition and I face some serious surgery to repair what could have been a simple, small job. My weight hasn't changed in the intervening years, and the doctors I now have don't feel there will be any problems with the upcoming major hernia repair whatsoever. I am split on how I feel about him. On one hand, perfect, on the other.... a total waste.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I was most impressed with the waiting time for a colonoscopy with this doctor. He was very knowledgeable and a very calming influence when I was getting this procedure done, explaining every thing to me before and after the procedure. Would highly recommend him to any-one.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I was diagnosed with Diverticulosus at the San Pen. I was then referee to Dr. Truter. My conseltation lasted about 2 minutes with his 20 year old assistant. I had the colonoscapy and 2 months later had to call the office to try and get any information on the results. The staff told me it was sent to my family Doctor. Funny I don't have one. after 3 or 4 more bouts and while I was in emergency I asked to be referred to another Doctor. I then saw Dr Amanda Johner how after a long conseltation decided to do a laposcopy surgery. I woke up to a much larger scar than was talked about but this was because my sigmoid was in such a bad continue they had to open the stomach completely. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone for any reason.

Submitted July 25, 2015

I feel so very lucky that my GP referred me to Dr Truter for a suspicious lesion. He knew what it was immediately, did a biopsy immediately and ended up diagnosing me with a very rare condition. I had seen a very well known Victoria surgeon 2 years earlier and he mis-diagnosed me. Dr Truter did a lot of research on this condition and has put me on the path to great treatment. The staff in his office are amazing. I can't say enough about how incredible Carla has been, explaining all the results to me and keeping me well informed. I feel very cared for, in a scary situation and even though my care has taken me outside of Victoria, Dr Truter has paved the way for me to have the best of care. While sitting in his waiting room, I picked up a book and learned of his huge commitment to working in Africa every year. An incredible doctor and humanitarian. We are very lucky to have a physician of this level in our community. Thank you Dr Truter and staff.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Thank you Dr. Truter for the time you took to explain options. The surgery went really well. I found Dr. Truter to be very easy to talk to with a nice sense of humour.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Truter. I was very concerned regarding a positive FIT test when I did have my consultation with him he answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. His manner was very friendly and approachable. In the hospital I was greeted with a big smile a gentle manner which made the nerves go away. Thank-you Dr. Truter!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Truter for a consultation. I found him to be very approachable, answered all of my questions and did not appear rushed or unable to spend the time that I needed to discuss my problem. His office was very helpful in getting me a referral to a local GI specialist faster than I expected. I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Truter.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013