You may also like

Rate Dr. Andre Truter

Dr. Andre Truter's Ratings

I was diagnosed with Diverticulosus at the San Pen.
I was then referee to Dr. Truter. My conseltation lasted about 2 minutes with his 20 year old assistant.
I had the colonoscapy and 2 months later had to call the office to try and get any information on the results.
The staff told me it was sent to my family Doctor. Funny I don't have one.
after 3 or 4 more bouts and while I was in emergency I asked to be referred to another Doctor.
I then saw Dr Amanda Johner how after a long conseltation decided to do a laposcopy surgery.
I woke up to a much larger scar than was talked about but this was because my sigmoid was in such a bad continue they had to open the stomach completely.
I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone for any reason.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2877004].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 26, 2015

I feel so very lucky that my GP referred me to Dr Truter for a suspicious lesion. He knew what it was immediately, did a biopsy immediately and ended up diagnosing me with a very rare condition. I had seen a very well known Victoria surgeon 2 years earlier and he mis-diagnosed me. Dr Truter did a lot of research on this condition and has put me on the path to great treatment. The staff in his office are amazing. I can't say enough about how incredible Carla has been, explaining all the results to me and keeping me well informed. I feel very cared for, in a scary situation and even though my care has taken me outside of Victoria, Dr Truter has paved the way for me to have the best of care. While sitting in his waiting room, I picked up a book and learned of his huge commitment to working in Africa every year. An incredible doctor and humanitarian. We are very lucky to have a physician of this level in our community. Thank you Dr Truter and staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Thank you Dr. Truter for the time you took to explain options. The surgery went really well. I found Dr. Truter to be very easy to talk to with a nice sense of humour.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2744411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Truter. I was very concerned regarding a positive FIT test when I did have my consultation with him he answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. His manner was very friendly and approachable. In the hospital I was greeted with a big smile a gentle manner which made the nerves go away. Thank-you Dr. Truter!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][490844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Truter for a consultation. I found him to be very approachable, answered all of my questions and did not appear rushed or unable to spend the time that I needed to discuss my problem. His office was very helpful in getting me a referral to a local GI specialist faster than I expected. I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Truter.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][490843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Thankyou! I was prepared for a very uncomfortable procedure and recovery, as I had experienced once before, eight years ago, at a different hospital, with a different Dr. This time I was referred to Dr Truter. He was very reassuring both at his office and again prior to the procedure in the hospital. I would not hesitate to recommend him to all my friends and relatives. We are fortunate to have him in Sidney. Many thanks Dr Truter.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][490842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

I found Dr. Truter to be arrogant, condescending and judgemental. His bedside manner is extremely poor. I could not recommend him. I would not want to see him again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][490841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I would hesitate to recommend Dr Truter to anyone because on almost every level I had a bad experience. I went to him for what i was told was a hernia. He did not order an ultrasound. He was very resistant to my request for laparoscopic surgery even when i told him how much i scar. i had to persist to finally get him to do it. He never gave any medical reasons why he opposed laparoscopy other than cost. If asked to describe him in a word, arrogant would come to mind. At a pre-op visit, without asking me if i would be alright with it or even telling me in advance, he brought in a young female intern. i was standing there with pants and underwear down while they were discussing me and reaching over to palpate beside my scrotum. After surgery i was told there would be no follow-up visit, to call my GP if any concerns. One year later I still have the pain in the same vicinity which i suspect was caused by something else. But I'm sure he doesn't want to hear about it. No desire to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][490840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2012

Excellent surgeon. I needed a couple of very uncomfortable procedures almost a year ago now, he was knowledgable and skilled. Ran in to a complication after (not his fault, luck of the draw, and I just got unlucky) he was very concerned, followed up, and took excellent care of me... Maintaining a sense of humor and fantastic bedside manner along the way. His assistant is a caring, wonderful lady. We are so lucky to have him on the Peninsula!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][490839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2012

I endured 3 useless painful surgeries by Dr. Truter. When I asked for a second opinion before another more extensive surgery he told me I could not get a referral. The surgery he was going to do would have changed my life in a terrible way. I went to another surgeon and what Dr. Truter wanted to do was thankfully not necessary. Do not trust this man! Get a second opinion.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][490845].votes_count ]]