Dr. Timothy G. Mahoney DDS

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Timothy G. Mahoney DDS

I went to the dentist this morning; and yes of course I went to Dr Mahoney! My daughter Lori has worked there for over twenty years and naturally I have been a patient there for that many years. Today was crown prep and a then I was fitted with a temporary crown. The procedure took just over an hour and was pain free. As a mater of fact, I almost fell asleep! The block placed between my top and bottom teeth held my mouth open, letting me totally relax. I know many people have a fear of dentists, fortunately I do not! And the gentleman in the next chair was not like me, as he was medicated for his procedure and he was snoring away! LOL! He will get the same block put in to hold his mouth open. Wala pain free also! Totally relaxed! We are fortunate to have a good choice of dentists in Wetaskiwin, and I am very happy with mine!!! If you are that person who has a phobia about going to the dentist or have had a bad previous experience with a dentist; I encourage you not to ignore your dental health!! I would totally recommend Tim Mahoney and pain free dentistry! Tim just called to check in on how I was feeling; as he does to most patients in the evening. Gosh! I said I’d forgotten I was there! Thanks to Alicia Humbke for assisting in on my procedure today. Lori was busy with sleeping beauty in the next chair. Thankyou! Joan Losinski

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I am so happy to have found Dr Mahoney! Excellent dentist. Sylvia at the front makes you feel so welcome every visit or phone call. It feels like you are visiting old friends. Highly recommend this dentist to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Mahoney and his staff go above and beyond to provide compassionate , excellent care !I was extremely happy with the examination and all work done was explained I detail!I will recommend this team to everyone I know!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr Mahoney has a very gentle and caring dental practice, I would recommend this dental office to all my friends and family

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Awesome Dentist amazing work would highly recommend. Staff are equally amazing and make you feel like family. Thanks so much for the 5 star care that I received.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Professional and gentle care with genuine concern for my comfort.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

If i could give Dr. Tim Mahoney & his staff 10 stars I most certainly would! I hope I'm able to fully and properly express my admiration and gratitude to this man and his wonderful staff. As a child I had terrible teeth (crooked & rotten) & it affected my self esteem to a huge degree. I would rarely smile. Dr. Mahoney has been an intregal part of helping me change that internal feeling & perception of myself due to his amazing abilities as a Cosmetic Dentist. He is passionate, caring, compassion, kind & gentle. He is also an artist in his profession. He is one of only 3 Dentists in Alberta accredited with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry! I've been seeing Dr. Mahoney for several years now and he still ceases to amaze me. I drive a good distance to see him but it is necessary in my mind. I can't imagine anyone else being my dentist now. Dr. Mahoney has been an intregal part of helping me to love myself and help me feel beautiful, inside and out. The staff are absolutely wonderful and I applaud each and every one of them for their kindness, patience and professionalism. I recall once having an abscessed tooth on a Sunday. I called hoping for help (maybe some advice) but Tim went beyond the call of duty and beyond anything I've ever experienced from any other medical professional. He ask if I could get to Wetaskiwin that day. He had the office opened especially for me! Who does that! Unbelievable! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you and your staff have done for me!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I could of went to anyone...I'm kinda in a location that I could go to Edmonton etc..I highly recommend Dr. Mahoney and his staff!! I was pretty down..you know it's bad when you don't want to open your mouth at the dentist..lol yesterday was a big app and long..which I normally would of had a panic attach! I've had jaw problems my whole life so the idea of having my mouth open longer than 20min always made me nervous! In all the years of this problem Dr.Mahoney was the first to have something to have something to help the problem during an appointment! Not only did I have my mouth open longer than 2h yesterday..I can't believe I'm not crying today!! This is a Dentist that truly knows his stuff! Even better his staff is just as knowledgeable..after having a terrible experience with a previous dentist..my husband said it the best being a dentist doesn't always mean the best interest of the patient...this dentist truly wants to get his patients where they need to be..it's about them appose to how much can be made from the problems they have..they don't have enough stars for Dr.Mahoney and his staff! Absolutely excellent!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I recently moved from BC to Alberta, and was very apprehensive about finding a new dentist. After much research, I chose Dr. Mahoney....and its turned out to be the best decision I've ever made! Dr. Mahoney is kind, gentle, patient, and explains everything he is doing. He even phoned me at home after my procedures to see how I was doing! I've never had a dentist do that before! All the staff in Dr. Mahoney's office are very friendly, understanding and kind, and helped to put me at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Mahoney to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

well never have I filled out such a review as this but after seeing dr mahoney I felt compelled to do so. Dr Mahoney and his team do a phenomenal job as they focus on the needs of the patient in every way ensuring a professional painless experience. I would award 6 stars if possible in all categories . It is called gentle dentistry for a very good reason. Pat McLarney

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr. Timothy G. Mahoney DDS's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mahoney graduated from the University of Alberta’s Dental Program in 1983. Immediately after graduating he set up a dental practice in Wetaskiwin. His goal was to provide the people of Wetaskiwin and area the best results possible from their dental treatments. His vision was to provide the same care that he would expect for himself. Dr. Mahoney has taken many continuing education programs over the years in order to insure that his patients are getting the latest advances in dentistry. He has also attained many fellowships and accreditations along the way. Dr. Mahoney is married to Sylvia and has three grown boys that he loves to water and snow ski with. He is also an avid photographer, woodworker and keeps fit walking his dogs and practicing yoga.

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1983)

• Dental implant surgery
  • Impacted wisdom teeth
  • Bruxism (teeth grinding)
  • TMJ disorders