Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sean Haskett

Most AMAZING OB/GYN ever. I have gone to Dr Haskett for gynecological needs and have received nothing but fantastic care! I don't have kids yet but my sister saw him throughout her whole pregnancy and delivered with him and she had an incredible experience. Dr Haskett is so genuine and caring. He's very personable and makes you feel as though he truly cares. He's always so happy and energetic. Outstanding bedside manners. He really is amazing at what he does and I would recommend him to any of my friends and family!! :)

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Sean Haskett's response
Thank you so much! That means so much to me. I am so glad you allow me to be a part of your care.

Submitted November 5, 2017

It's been a year since I delivered my son. Dr. Haskett was the on-call doctor at the time. He came in my room after 3 hours of pushing, gave me 3 options of how I can deliever my son. My father in law who is a retired OBGYN said I needed to have the c-section and while I am pushing and having a hard time he was talking to my mother in law asking why he was against forcepts. My mother in law is a mom and baby nurse so she knows what she is talking about too. While getting ready for my c section my son flipped and his heart rate started dropping. I have no memory of the c-section. My sons head was very large and was stuck. Dr. Haskett had to cut my uterus open wider in order to get my son out. My sons feet came out at 10:05 am and his head didn't come out till 10:07 am. Because my uterus was cut open wider I was arteal bleeding for over 2 minutes. When my son was out he wasn't breathing for 2 minutes and then rushed to NICU. When I got back to my recovery room my mother in law noticed right away that I lost too much blood. I was as white as a ghost with no color in my face or even lips. I have no memory of that day because of my blood loss. The middle of that night I told my nurses I was having a hard time breathing. I was taken for an emergency CT scan of my lungs. The next morning Dr. Haskett sent over his PA to check on me. I ended up contracting hospital pneumonia. I needed 2 blood transfusions. I was in American Fork Hospital for 4 days post delivery. On the last day I couldn't breathe and was rushed to ICU while my son was being discharged home. The ONLY time Dr. Haskett ever checked on me was when he called the hospital when I was taken to ICU. I ended up going into heart failure and needing to be transferred to Utah Valley Hospital to the ICU. I was on a breathing machine and they were talking life support. I ended up being in Utah Valley ICU for a week. I was in the hospital for 10 days from induction to discharge. I was so close to dying with the birth of my first child and Dr. Haskett couldn't of cared less! Once I was discharged home my original Doctor (Dr Watabe, who I loved) saw me the next day. He came into the room so concerned. He was on vacation while all this happened but kept in touch with his office and what was going on with me. He reassured me that there would be serious conversations with the Doctors because of the neglect Dr. Haskettt showed.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Sean Haskett's response
I am so sorry for the experience that you had. I feel so sad that you went through such a difficult experience. I see that it still bothers you after a year and I am so sorry. I remember the weekend you delivered. It was one of the worst weekends of my professional life. I am still traumatized by that weekend as well. As hard as things were for you, other patients were doing much worse and I was doing my best to help them. It is always hard to assume care over someone you have not yet met. I try to do my best to assess your wants for delivery when we meet. Some patient really want us to try everything to have a vaginal delivery others are ok with a c section if needed. I tried to assess that the best I could in your situation. I try to ask questions and understand what your needs are so you can be a part of the decision making process. I am sorry the delivery was difficulty. Some of our hardest c sections are in patients that have been pushing for a long time or have an infant with a larger head. I am glad we were able to deliver your infant. I remember the call in the middle of the night-I was doing my best to manage a very serious complication at the time with another patient. I'm sorry I was unable to see you. I did have a Pa see you the next morning she is very good at taking care of patients I also consulted an internal medicine doctor to help manage your situation. Sometimes as physicians we have to rely on others to help manage our patients. They did relay back to me that your condition was improving at the time. Unfortunately, I was very busy for the entire weekend trying to manage another patient. By the time I was off service I had spent three days working all day and night with no sleep. I finally had to a chance to come see you and I was very sad to find out that you had been transferred by the internist I had consulted to mange your case. I felt so bad. I really am so sorry. I wanted a chance to see you in person and apologize for how hard things went for you. I really do care about the patients I care for. No one can do the type of job we do and not care about the people we take care of. Unfortunately, doctors are human too we don't always do things perfectly. I wish I would have the chance to tell you in person. I hope that you can accept my sincere apology. Hopefully you have the chance to see this. You suffered a very unusual complication of surgery that is hard to predict and not easy to treat-I am very sorry you had to experience this. I am very grateful that in the end both you and your child are doing well. I wish the best to you and your family and I hope you can in time forgive me.

Submitted November 5, 2017

He harmed myself and my baby. He should NOT be practicing medicine. I could have fought to have his license revoked, but because of all the health concerns with my son after he was born I did not push legal action (I needed to focus my energy on my son and my family). I hope my review steers others from using him as their doctor, as well as other OBGYN offices accepting him as one of their providers. My son was born with birth defects and a genetic disorder – Dr. Haskett told me during our visit after my 20-week ultrasound that my son could continue to develop out of these defects. That not only did not happen (how could it??), but my son ended up needing surgery after he was born. Dr. Haskett brushed it off like it was no big deal during that visit. He did not seem to take my pregnancy seriously or the health of my unborn son seriously. I never once felt that he genuinely cared for me or my baby. When he walked into the delivery room he did not even acknowledge me or my husband. He did not say hello, he did not congratulate us, did not ask how I was feeling. Instead he said (all while not looking at my face) “This is my 13th delivery since I’ve been on call.” My son was born with Polycythemia and Hypervisocsity, and Dr. Haskett and the two on-call pediatricians did not even catch this. They briefly “checked” my son, did not tell me his apgar scare (even though I asked more than once), left my son on my chest covered in blood, grey, and moaning in pain. They all left the room, including the nurses. No congratulations, no “this isn’t normal” we need to go treat your son for hypervisocsity, no communication whatsoever with my husband or myself. I started to cry to my husband telling him this was not a normal looking newborn and to go grab a nurse right away from the hall. He did and when the nurse came in she agreed with us and said they needed to take our baby to the NCIU for a treatment to treat his hypervisocsity. How does a qualified doctor miss that? How does a doctor not communicate anything with a husband or wife about the delivery of your precious baby? I was treated like a number, and my health and the health of my baby was not even on Dr. Haskett’s radar. When I went in for my 6-week postpartum to receive an IUD from Dr. Haskett he shoved the IUD through my uterine wall, twice! I screamed both times and cried out loud. I had never had an IUD before so I did not know what to expect. I asked him if this was normal and with a completely calm face he said, “yeah, some pain is normal.” This wasn’t normal pain, this was excruciating pain, I was screaming on the table for heaven’s sake. He even used an ultrasound to help with the placement of the IUD and still got it wrong, twice. After the first one he pulled it out and said he needed to try again. I should have just said “no!” then and there and walked out the door, but I didn’t know what was normal. He then placed a second IUD into me and shoved it through my uterine wall a second time. I screamed even louder than before and was crying. No concern at all from Dr. Sean Haskett though. No acknowledgement that he just injured my uterus, that the placement was wrong, or concern for the pain I was so clearly in. No, he just left the room. I drove home crying because of the pain. I kept asking friends if it was normal to feel exactly where the IUD was, bleeding heavily for 6 weeks straight after that appointment, and couldn’t sit in certain positions because it caused more pain. All my friends said that was not normal and I should go back. When I did go back I was explaining everything to the ultrasound technician, the horrible experience I had during that visit and the non-stop bleeding and pain after. She said none of that was normal and while I was talking she was checking the placement of the IUD on the ultrasound. She stopped and said, “The reason you are in so much pain and bleeding so much is because your doctor shoved the IUD through your uterine wall!” I was shocked and explained that he used an ultrasound machine to help with the placement of the IUD. The ultrasound technician said this should not have happened especially since he was using an ultrasound machine to help guide him in the placement. None of the doctors were in that day, but I said I wanted it out and I wanted it out now. She completely understood and agreed and went to find a PA who could remove it. They removed it and I never went back to Dr. Haskett or his office ever again. To this day, I still don’t understand how something like this could have happened? I was not only recovering from giving childbirth, only a few weeks prior to the insertion of the IUD, but now I had to heal again because of the malpractice of Dr. Haskett. I bleed for 6 more weeks after the IUD was removed from my body, and continued to have uterine pain months after the removal.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Sean Haskett's response
It breaks my heart that you had such a difficult experience. I really do care about how you feel and what you went through. It sounds like it was so hard. I am very sorry. I wasn't trying to be dismissive at your ultrasound. As physicians we try to balance scaring patients with information and helping them know what we find. Genetic anomalies are very hard to know based on an ultrasound alone. I am sorry if I gave you the impression that I didn't care about your baby. I care very much and I am sorry you had to experience such a difficult anomaly. That was a hard night that you delivered. I didn't mean to make you feel like just another number. I was exhausted that night and I did a poor job helping you feel well cared for. I am so sorry. It is very traumatic if your child doesn't breathe well I am sure it was a very scary experience for you. The IUD experience sounds awful. I don't always use an ultrasound to help place it. It must have been very hard for you. I really do try to be gentle when I place them. I would love the chance to see you in person to go through your experience with me. I'm happy to meet. If even so you can let me have it a little for what you went through. I'm also happy to speak on the phone if that is easier for you. As physicians we are always learning and trying to become better. I am sorry you feel like I should never be allowed to practice medicine again. I hope you and your baby have recovered and are doing well. Please accept my sincerest apology for your experience.

Submitted November 5, 2017

I have loved Dr. Haskett! His staff has always been great to return my calls the same day and answer any questions I have or bring me in to do a heart beat check if I'm worried. He is always so happy! I never feel like I'm rushed and he has always made me feel comfortable and taken time to answer all my questions. He wasn't on call when I delivered but he came in the next morning to check on me and baby and make sure everything went well. This is my second pregnancy with him as my Dr. and I'm very thankful for someone I trust!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Haskett is super calm and pretty laid back, which is great to help put your mind at ease no matter what is going on (which can be frustrating when you're super uncomfortable and are whining to him for answers/relief and just get a sympathetic "it's normal" response, haha, but that kinda comes with being pregnant!). He's patient, friendly, and goes out of his way to deliver his own patients' babies. Occasionally appointments get delayed because he's in delivery, but it was really sweet of him to get out of bed and head to the hospital for my daughter's delivery at 1:23 am. After a long, tiring day of labor it's really nice to see a familiar face who knows your situation, your fears, etc come deliver your baby rather than just whoever is on call. The staff only got a 3 not because of the nurses, who were all fantastic, but just because I had an unfortunate experience with the receptionist. I was doing my 6-week follow up and she was asking about whether or not I wanted an IUD. I hadn't researched it much but ultimately decided to go ahead with it because she repeatedly told me it would only cost $25 for placement and my insurance covered the rest at 100%. In the room I still wasn't sure and asked to see the billing lady and call insurance again to verify, and while she was in the process of calling them the receptionist came in and insisted that she had already called them and my insurance told her it was 100%. I was nervous about the risks and such so main reason I got the IUD was because at only $25 for several years (up to 10 years) of protection, it was by far the cheapest option other than abstinence (and my husband and I didn't like that option). Much to my dismay, my insurance only covered 80%, so my cost ended up being somewhere between $250-300, so over 10x the cost I was promised. I tried to fight it and the insurance company even found the recorded phone call with them telling the receptionist that it was covered at 80%, not 100, but instead of owning up to it and rectifying the mistake, I still got stuck with the bill. I am 99.9% certain that I would not have chosen to get an IUD if I knew that would be the cost. I don't think it was malicious, probably just a mix up with another patient, but if she hadn't been so forceful and allowed the billing lady another minute to verify, my experience would have been very different. So, ladies, Dr. Haskett is great# just do your research and personally verify all costs and whatnot with insurance ahead of time instead of relying on what receptionists tell you. I hope it helps and no one else has to relive my mistake.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Sean Haskett's response
Thank you for your kind words! I am sorry for the billing mixup. That is so hard to have that happen. I think billing is the most frustrating part of what we do sometimes. So many insurances and so many things to try and know. Thank you for helping make this apparent. And thank you for letting me be a part of your delivery.

Submitted November 5, 2017

I know a lot of people who really like Dr. Haskett but unfortunately I am not one of them. I was unimpressed with his professionalism and attention to concerns from my very first appointment. I have a high risk pregnancy due to a large hemorrhage. Dr. Haskett would give me conflicting information from appointment to appointment. Maybe he is fine if you have a normal pregnancy but for me he certainly is not what I would consider an exceptional doctor and someone I would trust to give myself or my unborn baby the best care we can receive. In my experience the University of Utah hospital has the best doctors the state has to provide.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I had a good experience with Dr Haskett. He's charming with a good bedside manner which helps considering the discomfort usually felt during a GYN visit! He delivered my first baby and did a great job handling the complications during and after birth with a cool head. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Haskett was great. I never had to wait long at office visits - the only time that I did, was when he ran across the parking lot to deliver one of his patients...didn't make me mad because I know he would do the same for me. He was always very patient with me and all my first-time-mom questions. He helped me and my husband feel at ease during delivery. He always has a smile and is up for a laugh. Though he is part of a group, he does his best at delivering his own patients which is comforting. He even came over to the hospital to check on me before they called him to come over.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr Haskett delivered 2 of my babies. I wish I had him for all of my pregnancies. He was always kind and informative. His staff were the best! They actually treated me like a human being. The longest I ever waited to be seen was 30min. My other doctors had kept me waiting for up to 3 hours! I have loved my experiences with Dr Haskett and his office!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Very informative and caring with this patients. He did a great job when I had to have my ovaries removed.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. Sean Haskett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in American Fork, UT