Ratings for Dr. Sean Haskett

He harmed myself and my baby. He should NOT be practicing medicine. I could have fought to have his license revoked, but because of all the health concerns with my son after he was born I did not push legal action (I needed to focus my energy on my son and my family). I hope my review steers others from using him as their doctor, as well as other OBGYN offices accepting him as one of their providers. My son was born with birth defects and a genetic disorder – Dr. Haskett told me during our visit after my 20-week ultrasound that my son could continue to develop out of these defects. That not only did not happen (how could it??), but my son ended up needing surgery after he was born. Dr. Haskett brushed it off like it was no big deal during that visit. He did not seem to take my pregnancy seriously or the health of my unborn son seriously. I never once felt that he genuinely cared for me or my baby. When he walked into the delivery room he did not even acknowledge me or my husband. He did not say hello, he did not congratulate us, did not ask how I was feeling. Instead he said (all while not looking at my face) “This is my 13th delivery since I’ve been on call.” My son was born with Polycythemia and Hypervisocsity, and Dr. Haskett and the two on-call pediatricians did not even catch this. They briefly “checked” my son, did not tell me his apgar scare (even though I asked more than once), left my son on my chest covered in blood, grey, and moaning in pain. They all left the room, including the nurses. No congratulations, no “this isn’t normal” we need to go treat your son for hypervisocsity, no communication whatsoever with my husband or myself. I started to cry to my husband telling him this was not a normal looking newborn and to go grab a nurse right away from the hall. He did and when the nurse came in she agreed with us and said they needed to take our baby to the NCIU for a treatment to treat his hypervisocsity. How does a qualified doctor miss that? How does a doctor not communicate anything with a husband or wife about the delivery of your precious baby? I was treated like a number, and my health and the health of my baby was not even on Dr. Haskett’s radar. When I went in for my 6-week postpartum to receive an IUD from Dr. Haskett he shoved the IUD through my uterine wall, twice! I screamed both times and cried out loud. I had never had an IUD before so I did not know what to expect. I asked him if this was normal and with a completely calm face he said, “yeah, some pain is normal.” This wasn’t normal pain, this was excruciating pain, I was screaming on the table for heaven’s sake. He even used an ultrasound to help with the placement of the IUD and still got it wrong, twice. After the first one he pulled it out and said he needed to try again. I should have just said “no!” then and there and walked out the door, but I didn’t know what was normal. He then placed a second IUD into me and shoved it through my uterine wall a second time. I screamed even louder than before and was crying. No concern at all from Dr. Sean Haskett though. No acknowledgement that he just injured my uterus, that the placement was wrong, or concern for the pain I was so clearly in. No, he just left the room. I drove home crying because of the pain. I kept asking friends if it was normal to feel exactly where the IUD was, bleeding heavily for 6 weeks straight after that appointment, and couldn’t sit in certain positions because it caused more pain. All my friends said that was not normal and I should go back. When I did go back I was explaining everything to the ultrasound technician, the horrible experience I had during that visit and the non-stop bleeding and pain after. She said none of that was normal and while I was talking she was checking the placement of the IUD on the ultrasound. She stopped and said, “The reason you are in so much pain and bleeding so much is because your doctor shoved the IUD through your uterine wall!” I was shocked and explained that he used an ultrasound machine to help with the placement of the IUD. The ultrasound technician said this should not have happened especially since he was using an ultrasound machine to help guide him in the placement. None of the doctors were in that day, but I said I wanted it out and I wanted it out now. She completely understood and agreed and went to find a PA who could remove it. They removed it and I never went back to Dr. Haskett or his office ever again. To this day, I still don’t understand how something like this could have happened? I was not only recovering from giving childbirth, only a few weeks prior to the insertion of the IUD, but now I had to heal again because of the malpractice of Dr. Haskett. I bleed for 6 more weeks after the IUD was removed from my body, and continued to have uterine pain months after the removal.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

I have loved Dr. Haskett! His staff has always been great to return my calls the same day and answer any questions I have or bring me in to do a heart beat check if I'm worried. He is always so happy! I never feel like I'm rushed and he has always made me feel comfortable and taken time to answer all my questions. He wasn't on call when I delivered but he came in the next morning to check on me and baby and make sure everything went well. This is my second pregnancy with him as my Dr. and I'm very thankful for someone I trust!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Haskett is super calm and pretty laid back, which is great to help put your mind at ease no matter what is going on (which can be frustrating when you're super uncomfortable and are whining to him for answers/relief and just get a sympathetic "it's normal" response, haha, but that kinda comes with being pregnant!). He's patient, friendly, and goes out of his way to deliver his own patients' babies. Occasionally appointments get delayed because he's in delivery, but it was really sweet of him to get out of bed and head to the hospital for my daughter's delivery at 1:23 am. After a long, tiring day of labor it's really nice to see a familiar face who knows your situation, your fears, etc come deliver your baby rather than just whoever is on call. The staff only got a 3 not because of the nurses, who were all fantastic, but just because I had an unfortunate experience with the receptionist. I was doing my 6-week follow up and she was asking about whether or not I wanted an IUD. I hadn't researched it much but ultimately decided to go ahead with it because she repeatedly told me it would only cost $25 for placement and my insurance covered the rest at 100%. In the room I still wasn't sure and asked to see the billing lady and call insurance again to verify, and while she was in the process of calling them the receptionist came in and insisted that she had already called them and my insurance told her it was 100%. I was nervous about the risks and such so main reason I got the IUD was because at only $25 for several years (up to 10 years) of protection, it was by far the cheapest option other than abstinence (and my husband and I didn't like that option). Much to my dismay, my insurance only covered 80%, so my cost ended up being somewhere between $250-300, so over 10x the cost I was promised. I tried to fight it and the insurance company even found the recorded phone call with them telling the receptionist that it was covered at 80%, not 100, but instead of owning up to it and rectifying the mistake, I still got stuck with the bill. I am 99.9% certain that I would not have chosen to get an IUD if I knew that would be the cost. I don't think it was malicious, probably just a mix up with another patient, but if she hadn't been so forceful and allowed the billing lady another minute to verify, my experience would have been very different. So, ladies, Dr. Haskett is great# just do your research and personally verify all costs and whatnot with insurance ahead of time instead of relying on what receptionists tell you. I hope it helps and no one else has to relive my mistake.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I know a lot of people who really like Dr. Haskett but unfortunately I am not one of them. I was unimpressed with his professionalism and attention to concerns from my very first appointment. I have a high risk pregnancy due to a large hemorrhage. Dr. Haskett would give me conflicting information from appointment to appointment. Maybe he is fine if you have a normal pregnancy but for me he certainly is not what I would consider an exceptional doctor and someone I would trust to give myself or my unborn baby the best care we can receive. In my experience the University of Utah hospital has the best doctors the state has to provide.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I had a good experience with Dr Haskett. He's charming with a good bedside manner which helps considering the discomfort usually felt during a GYN visit! He delivered my first baby and did a great job handling the complications during and after birth with a cool head. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Haskett was great. I never had to wait long at office visits - the only time that I did, was when he ran across the parking lot to deliver one of his patients...didn't make me mad because I know he would do the same for me. He was always very patient with me and all my first-time-mom questions. He helped me and my husband feel at ease during delivery. He always has a smile and is up for a laugh. Though he is part of a group, he does his best at delivering his own patients which is comforting. He even came over to the hospital to check on me before they called him to come over.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr Haskett delivered 2 of my babies. I wish I had him for all of my pregnancies. He was always kind and informative. His staff were the best! They actually treated me like a human being. The longest I ever waited to be seen was 30min. My other doctors had kept me waiting for up to 3 hours! I have loved my experiences with Dr Haskett and his office!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Very informative and caring with this patients. He did a great job when I had to have my ovaries removed.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. Haskett has seen me for 2 pregnancies. The first time I met him I heard him coming down the hall laughing and he is really the happiest person I know. His staff is AMAZING!!!! With my first pregnancy everything was wonderful and even after pushing for 4 hours he never pushed me into having a c-section and patiently let me have the baby the way that I wanted. Even though this is not a general doctors office, while I had many rare sicknesses and diseases with my 2nd pregnancy, they always helped me figure out what was going on. I had lots of questions after having an emergency c-section with my second (which was a true emergency) and no matter how small or big the question the nurse always called me back and made me feel cared for and respected. When I got to the point of super stress about my baby in my 2nd pregnancy, he knew just how to calm me...and when I had a problem that I didn't think was a big concern he made sure I got the care i needed without stressing me out.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I'm a bit of a Dr snob, since my own father is one, and I've worked for several over the years. Dr Haskett is really an amazing find. He is so kind and friendly, and knowledgeable. He isn't too aggressive or too passive, and when I had complications, he was realistic, but also knew just how to calm me down. He would let me cry and freak out, gave me hugs, and told me exactly what they would do to make sure me and baby were safe. His staff were so great as well. The birth was so different from my first, stress free and just amazing. The cord was apparently wrapped around babys neck but I didn't see, he was so fast and got that baby out pronto, suctioned etc. Just an amazing experience. I love this man!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Dr. Sean Haskett's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2004)

HealthPartners