Ratings for Dr. Zaheera Abba

I have been a patient of Dr Abba's from day one, when she first started practicing in Markham. At first, I loved her - she would take the time to listen to me, ask me about my personal life, and seemed really caring. But over the years, as her practice has grown, this quality in care and attention has also suffered. I have read many comments about Dr Abba not understanding test results, not giving you the full report/feedback from your tests, and always sending patients off with stacks of papers to get even more tests. I have found this to be the case for me. I get more care and attention from my specialists, who know little about me, than I do Dr Abba who has been my family physician for 10+ years. 2 years ago, Dr Abba put me on medication that I should have never taken, due to my current health status. Because of this, I ended up in the cardiac emergency department of the hospital where I was admitted for 2 days before being released. Now, Dr Abba will not prescribe me any medications anymore. She simply hands me off to yet another specialist, as she doesn't want the liability or responsibility if something should go wrong. So now, instead of being able to go to my family physician for very common medications, and get them in a timely manner like everyone else, I have to wait weeks, sometimes months, for an appointment with a specialist. I currently find myself in a position where I am going to visit the emergency department at my local hospital just so I can get the require medication. I should be able to rely on my family physician for this help - she is the one that knows my medical history the best. I shouldn't have to scramble and wait for someone else to do her job. After 10+ years, I will not be going back to see Dr Abba. It is time to find a doctor who cares less about if I am currently dating someone, and more about my health and well being.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I love the new office and her new secretary. Dr Abba is so gentle, soft and will listen to you. She will refer you to specialist you don't have to ask for it. Her recent secretary is absolutely a bonus. , I am so lucky and I will refer anybody to Dr Abba with my full confidence. Absolutely love them both.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

She is a wonderful Doctor. Caring and sweet. She moved to a new office I guess she is getting busy. But her office is so reachable thanks to her super active assistant. Highly recommended if you need a doctor who will listen to you.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

SHE is a nice Dr. Caring knowledgeable. Highly recommend her. Previous office people were horrible, now she has moved to new office and with her new super active assistant Debbie who will always pick up your phn or call you back if you leave msg. I have a feeling my Dr will be super busy soon. .

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Love her! Highly recommended. She is caring, punctual and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I love Dr. Abba... I see her as sincere and caring while professional. She seems busy but I never had to wait too long before she sees me. I myself a busy person and like to have done with my appointments fast. Even though I happen to see her every 2 or so years, she still remembers me. She goes through my record and asks if there anything else concerns me. She always asks how is my life, job, and whether I feel too stressed. It would be fair if I recommend her to everyone I know. I'm just afraid she will get so busy that I would have to wait an hour before she sees me, like other doctors out there. She is just a great doctor!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr.Abba is the best, caring, knowledgable, friendly, gentle, thurer doctor. She diagnosis the problem even before checking. I'm very happy with her and so are my kids. Yes sometimes she is in rush but that's absolutely fine as she has many patients to see but she always listens and detects the issue. She is never rude or anything. I think and I believe she is a best lady doctor you can find. We love her and will continue to see her till we are alive.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr Abba is very knowledgeable and she is always willing to help. She doesn't hesitate to refer you to a specialist if it's needed or if you want to see one. She is a very nice person who actually cares about her patients. The only thing that could be improved is the time spent with patients during the appointments, but I guess this is due to her busy life and it happens to all doctors nowadays. I would recommend Dr Abba as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr abba is great. She is thorough, listens, asks questions and requests tests instead of guessing what the problem might be. She is always pleasant, even if she has had to deal with a difficult patient. Her front office staff can be a bit bitchy at times but if you tell her about it she will address the issue. Ashley is great and always calls promptly if test results show any issues or even if they don't. I've never had to wait more than 20 mins to see Dr Abba which is a lot better than the 2 hour wait time I endured with my last doctor. She also has a good memory Co side ring I don't see her often. She knows about my last visit without reading my file and remembers upcoming procedures with other doctors. She even asks about details of my personal life that I share about my family etc and makes pleasant conversation to make feel comfortable during needles etc. I'm so glad I switched to Dr abba!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Zaheera Abba's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Abba's from day one, when she first started practicing in Markham. At first, I loved her - she would take the time to listen to me, ..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love the new office and her new secretary. Dr Abba is so gentle, soft and will listen to you. She will refer you to specialist you don't have to ask for it. ..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "She is a wonderful Doctor. Caring and sweet. She moved to a new office I guess she is getting busy. But her office is so reachable thanks to her super active a..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "SHE is a nice Dr. Caring knowledgeable. Highly recommend her. Previous office people were horrible, now she has moved to new office and with her new super ac..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr abba is a wonderful, caring physician. She is thorough and proactive. She covers all the bases to ensure I feel healthy and safe. "

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love her! Highly recommended. She is caring, punctual and very knowledgeable. "

October 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Abba... I see her as sincere and caring while professional. She seems busy but I never had to wait too long before she sees me. I myself a busy per..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Abba is the best, caring, knowledgable, friendly, gentle, thurer doctor. She diagnosis the problem even before checking. I'm very happy with her and so are m..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Abba is very knowledgeable and she is always willing to help. She doesn't hesitate to refer you to a specialist if it's needed or if you want to see one. She..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr abba is great. She is thorough, listens, asks questions and requests tests instead of guessing what the problem might be. She is always pleasant, even if she..."

September 8, 2014
  • City changed from "Markham" to "Toronto"

November 5, 2013
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "Markham"

October 18, 2013