Ratings for Dr. Rami Nader

I saw Dr. Nader about a year ago and had a great experience with him. At first I wasn't sure, as my first impression of him was a little impersonal - he was wearing a tie, which I had never seen with a psychologist. That said, he was friendly and as the sessions progressed, I got the sense he genuinely cared and wanted to help. Like one of the other reviewers, I got homework exercises and handouts almost every session, but the handouts were always about stuff we had talked about in the session. From the beginning, Dr. Nader told me that the handouts would serve as part of my "resource binder" for when therapy ended and I became my own therapist. It wasnt enough for me to just attend my sessions, I had to do the homework between the sessions and apply what we talked about in my day to day life. And it really worked. I had been struggling with worry for years and after a lot of hard work and practice with Dr. Nader, I'm doing much better and continue to use my skills on a regular basis. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Unlike the 2 reviewers who found him helpful in getting disability pension, I only had one goal in mind - to get help w/ my stress and anxiety. After at least 5 or 6 meetings ($190/session), I came out with some knowledge and theories behind anxiety but not much practical solutions. The sessions were like a university class, he gave me handouts to read and explain them to me. I was also given homework to do. I had great expectations since the homework seemed useful...but we didn't apply the results of the homework and didn't go anywhere with it. It left me wonder "what was the point of that exercise?" As others wrote, he might be good in testing and diagnosis, I wouldn't know. But for anxiety treatment, I would not recommend him even if your insurance was covering (thank god mine did). Reason I kept seeing him was because other places had long wait lists and he came recommended. Another point - this is just my personal feeling so it might be different for you - that turned me off was that he gives you his personal opinion/advice about your problems. OK I appreciated that he tried to help. But his opinions were always biased toward money, how to maximize monetary profit. Some of those advice were not professional and he should have been more careful giving them - after all he's not my financial adviser. Of course, he did not push me to take his advice but as a "medical professional" I thought he should know better. Also he never wasted time in taking the credit card payment and swiftly seeing me out the door. Putting my bias toward his personality aside, the sessions were not were not really helpful. I don't think my expectations were too high, esp. when the clinic is called "Stress and anxiety clinic" I hope RateMD will not take down this review because it is critical.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Knows what he is talking about. A specialist in CBT and really easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Nader was super helpful and wrote a great report that helped my case a lot. He was professional, prompt and took the time to try and understand my situation, which was a nice change. His clinic staff were great and so polite from the moment I entered the clinic. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Nader is a pro. His understanding and experience helped me greatly as he helped me Aldo with a detailed document and psychological testing, which helped me be successful in being awarded a disability pension on both worksafebc and the Canada disability pension. I'm truly grateful for his help! Thx.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Helped a lot with my anxiety after my car accident.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

He is very good with typical stress and anxiety related problems. He is an expert in cognitive behavioural therapy to treat these issues. However, he was unhelpful for borderline personality disorder since only the symptoms were treated. Dialectical behaviour therapy would have been a much more appropriate treatment.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Immensely helpful. Pretty much changed my life by helping me manage anxiety.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

He helped me tremendously with my worry and anxiety. Very professional and kind.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

Really helped me overcome my panic. It had been years that I had struggled with panic, but he really showed me how to manage and I feel great now. A really wonderful, caring psychologist!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007