Ratings for Dr. Mathias P. Bostrom

Top notch doctor. Best in his field! My friend from England knew of him and referred me to him. Best decision ever. My hip was a puzzle for all the other doctors I've seen but, not for Dr. B. I couldn't walk and now, I am happy and walking again.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Terrible surgeon. Left me with damaged sciatic nerve and a lot of pain four months after my surgery. Worst is that he won't address the problem. His technique-assuming he actually does the surgery is very destructive to muscle. I was swayed by his resume but this is a physician who would rather write papers than care for patients. Leave him in the lab and avoid him

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Bostrom broke my pelvis during a hip revision, didn't fix it, and consistently lied about it. Because my pelvis was unstable from that fracture, it fractured three more times with the next year. When I complained of pain, he yelled at me. At the six-month check-up, when I was still on crutches, he told me it was perfect. I later got the radiologist's report which said the surgery had already failed. No one else would order X-rays or other scans for 12 months after surgery because of professional courtesy to the surgeon. When the year was up and I was able to see another doctor, I discovered that there had been a fracture during surgery; the bone around that initial fracture had died, leaving about an inch-wide gap; and I had three pelvic stress fractures. I've had three surgeries repairing the damage Bostrom did.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Dr. Bostrom is the best! I saw him in 2015, after an unsuccessful revision (2013) of a failed total left hip replacement (2011) - both done in another hospital by another doctor. I came to him with a host of problems caused by metal poisoning from the first hip implant. Dr. Bostrom was up to the challenge of my difficult case, and he made me feel confident that I was finally in the right place. My surgery with Dr. Bostrom went smoothly, my left hip is finally fixed, and Dr. Bostrom has continued to advise me regarding other orthopedic issues. His entire office staff is caring, professional, and top-notch. I am so glad I finally found the right orthopedic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I can't say enough about Dr Bostrom, he is an amazing surgeon and I highly recommend him for any hip issues. His staff is courteous and he has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

So rude he is unbelievable. I am a physician as is my partner and he refused to give us direct answers to our questions and treated me his patient as if I were stupid. He has a ton of PA's working for him and that is who you talk to. They all tell you something different and it is impossible to get a straight answer. Also my operated leg is longer than the other one and it makes walking a challenge. Don't go to this guy. He is nasty and not good enough to overlook his awful bedside manner

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr. Bostrom is Amazing! I have a major deformity of the hip so he had to build a custom hip. I am pain free and walking again! Love Dr. B! He is the go to guy for hips and knees!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

THR, Right: Amazingly skillful hands! Dr. Bostrom was thorough, patient & answered every question. I was up on a walker in a few hrs, walking around the block in 2 wks, cane was just about gone after 5 wks and back to driving in 6 wks. Even my scare is a mere hairline! A little more PT and I'll have my prior life back. HSS hospital staff was incredibly kind and his office nurse, Yvonne was always there to help with all my other needs. Don't wait! Do your PT, follow the HSS post-op rules and you'll likely have similar success. THR with Dr. B will be amazing!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

had a very successful full knee replacement this Spring, and, 7 months later, doing GREAT. Found the dr. and staff extremely helpful, easy to talk to, and the hospital staff the best!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

ORDERED TESTS OF 'WRONG' HIP..sent me to appointments that did NOT exist. Dr. YELLED at me becase didn't like my answer to his question, Holds himself to be a 'specialist' and yet he did absolutely NOTHING and didn't even know what tests to order. His OFFICE was a total upside down mess. Poor communication. They told me to return after tests, which i did...NO ONE THERE when I got there!! Couldn't even co-ordinate a phone call to review what was going on....Had 3 friends with me who witnessed all of this !!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Mathias P. Bostrom's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)