Ratings for Dr. Stanton Schiffer

Dr. Schiffer 100% lied to me and called the insurance Dr. a prostitute liar when he told me my back fusion could cause more fusions due to the other discs would have to take more of the pressure. The Ins. Dr. was right. I agreed to anterior fusion only if a S.F. doctor who was much more experienced in anterior fusion participated. Schiffer stripped the titanium cage bolt in me and needed to take more bones from me and a cadaver. And stuff it in place of the cage. And that experienced surgeon who was suppose to participate before Schaffer would be allowed to operTate on me wasn't there. Schiffer wasn't qualified wanting me to be his first ANTERIOR fusion patient. I said no. After he said he did a few I said only if that surgeon who had done many anterior fusions would also be there. He wasn't there. But I wasn't told about it. He butchered me. That was back in about 2000. Nothing but pain and suffering since then until today 3/22/18. Yes he ruined my life. That doctor he call a insurance prostitute was right. My levels above and below were Dr. Schiffer made a mess of my L3-L4-L5 are now all screwed up. I hope 16 years later as one below wrote. I hope he got better. I hate to see him get worse. I would never ever let him even take a x-ray. Better safe than SORRY!!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I was shocked to see that Dr. Schiffer was still actively doing surgery. After spending quite a bit of money over $30,000 (in which Blue Cross paid most) and after a disco gram Dr. Schiffer called me up to tell me he was going to retire and couldn't do the surgery planned, but could recommend me to someone down south. This was in 2009. Today it is 2016 and I still suffer from herniated discs and spinal stenosis but also mistrust neurosurgeons. If he made a mistake in diagnosing me, then why didn't he tell me before so much money and procedures were done???

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

performed L3-4-5 fusion years ago. During a second evaluation the other doctor said he would not recommend a fusion. AL3-4 single fsion at that time. He said I would end up needing fusions later up and up the spine. Dr. Schiffer said he was a lying insurance prostitute. I ask so this would be the last fusion and I'd be able to run again. Yes he said. He knew I was a activity director. He wanted me to be his first anterior fusion. I said NO!!! After he had done a number of anterior fusions It might be o.k if they all went o.k and the guy that was teaching him from S.F who had done over a hundred would assist him during the surgery. Agreed he said. Surgery was scheduled. Less than a week before surgery he told me L-3-4 with L4-5 would need to be done. Not feeling good about this I called his office the day before and said. Cancel the surgery that I didn't like this new news. She said they couldnt cancel it now. Everything was set up. I had the surgery and almost everything went wrong.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I had a CED performed on me in 2009 by doctor Schiffer. Prior to the operation I was told (by two prominent Sacramento surgeons to have a fusion .) In short, I went with Doctor Schiffer and had the CED. The operation was a complete success and I write this 4 years later…I compete in Masters swimming and competitive Bike Racing. Doctor Schiffer is gifted and saved my life from pain and possible suicide. My pain was so bad I could not function. Now my neck is great!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I am a 67 year old physician and had an L4-5 herniated disc. Dr. Schiffer told me I was a perfect candidate for his percutaneous microdiscectomy which he performed 8/12/10. This procedure caused more pain and problems than I ever had. In my opinion, this type of procedure should not be done, especially in older patients.It does make a lot of money for Dr. Schiffer. He does not accept insurance, only cash. A standard microdiscectomy is the procedure to do.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I had surgery on two cervical disks in October 2009. Prior to surgery, the pain was literally unbearable. Dr. Schiffer was very warm and personable. I still had some of the pain post surgery, but Dr. Schiffer said he believed it would subside. He was right. I am TOTALLY pain free. My wife now needs similar surgery. We would not think of going anywhere else. Thank you Dr. Schiffer for your wonderful care. I recommend him to EVERYONE.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I was suffering from 3 herniated discs in my neck,c3/4 ,c4/5 and c6/7 . My main symptoms were severe headaches that sometimes lasted for days.I was at the end of my rope.all the doctors I saw wanted to operate on me with a three level fusion. They told me to only do it as a last resort Because the results could make me worse. I spent hours researching alternatives online. I found Dr.Schiffer and decided to send him my MRI scan. He called me the next day to tell me that he could help me with endoscopic disc surgery.I spoke to several patients on his web site and they told me they got relief of their headaches. Dr Schiffer operated on me and I got total relief of my headaches. I am a changed person. I go swimming now and can exercise at my gym again and I an enjoyi g life again thanks to DrSchiffer and his wonderful caring staff.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Schiffer sold me a procedure to help my back, but misled me on the facts concerning the charges. After paying him in advance and being told I was paid in full, I then received additional bills from the facility at which he performed the procedure for many thousands of dollars more. Now I am stuck with these bills and I know I have been misled. The procedure was only marginally helpful. Not satisfied. Would not do business again. Office staff helped to mislead me and seemed not to care about me once they had my money.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I got the wonderful treatment from Dr. Schiffer. Other doctors told me there was nothing that could be done for my neck pain and that I have to live with the pain until I can't stand it anymore and then they would do a four level fusion.. Dr. Schiffer operated on me with a minimally invasive discectomy and I am now pain free. In addition Dr. Schiffer's procedure is the safest I found..

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr. Schiffer performed two back surgeries on me. I don't know if it was him or the situation but neither of them helped that much. Some, but not what he had led me to believe. A microdiskectomy and a traditional diskectomy...both on my lower back. When surgery did not 'cure' me, he was done with me. I wish I had found this site before I met him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. Stanton Schiffer's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1964)

(General) Workers Compensation