Ratings for Dr. Richard Gorman

Dr. Gorman is a sick human being. https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/abuser-offered-to-advise-victim/article966578/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Excellent doctor. Very attentive, contrary to statements I read below, and I trust his judgment on meds, he seems to know his stuff/has good instincts.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Richard Gorman treated me for severe anxiety and medium to severe depression right around the time of his troubles (see below). I submitted commentary to his legal representation at the time and I will say it again here. He is an excellent psychiatrist. He helped me deal with the unresolved grief and pain of my father's suicide dating back to 1996. I have nothing but kind words for him. Thank you Dr. Gorman. I hope you read this. P.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Gorman for several years now. He is kind and caring, and very helpful. I understand there were charges and discipline against him, but that has never negatively affected our therapeutic relationship. Basically I came to him when I was very low and he's helped me p a lot, and I'm grateful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Do not see doctor Gorman if you are in emotional need. He does not care about what has happened to you or how it makes you feel. You might as well just go kill yourself.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Hey Dr. Gorman. I'm no psychiatrist but I think that a therapist that can't resist a patient that falls in love with him is proof of a breakdown in the therapist's own private life. I think its called erotic transference which tests the therapists happiness in their own marriage. It appears that you were/most likely are very unhappy with your wife. Any why must the rating field require me to give you a minimum of 1 star. If up to me you would get 0 stars across the board.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Very Helpful, very kind and caring. Helped me a lot in my life.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Best PDOC I've ever had. He is caring, kind, and sensible.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Finally Toronto East General Hospital has gotten rid of Dr. Gorman. Vulnerable women can sleep peacefully knowing that should they need psychiatric care and are taken to the hospital, they will no longer be subjected to the sexual advances of Dr. Richard Gorman. But be advised, he still has a private practice somewhere on Spadina Road near College Street so be careful.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Toronto. On March 26, 2007, the Discipline Committee found that Dr. Gorman committed acts of professional misconduct, in that he engaged in disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional conduct, and sexual abuse of a patient by engaging in acts and behaviour including lying next to each other; caressing; embracing; kissing, including kissing on the lips; fondly her breasts and kissing her bare breasts; asking her to let him perform **** on her; engaging in a simulated act of sexual intercourse; and sending an essay containing sexual innuendo to the patient. The Committee ordered a recorded reprimand and a 24-month suspension of Dr. Gorman’s certificate of registration, 12 months of which will be suspended provided he meets specified conditions. The Committee ordered the imposition of additional terms and conditions, including that Dr. Gorman is restricted from doing psychoanalysis. Dr. Gorman was also ordered to pay a fine of $15,000 to the Treasurer of Ontario.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016