Ratings for Dr. Jin Kee Ho

I recently required the services of Dr. Jin Kee Ho and the Lions Gate Endoscopy unit. Dr. Ho and the unit staff were efficient, knowledgeable and caring and the medical facilities were well organized and up-to-date. I quickly lost what anxiety I felt about having a colonoscopy which, in my case, turned out to be relatively quick and painless. I was discharged with results in hand and would unreservedly recommend both Dr. Ho and the Lions Gate unit staff.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

He doesn't seem interested in curing you, just keeping you as a repeat customer. 90% of ulcers are cause by H. pylori infections. Ask him how many times he's prescribed antibiotics to get rid of an ulcer. He'd rather prescribe acid reducers to keep you coming back.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I work tangentially to the medical profession in research and know about the human GI tract fairly well. I had already exhausted all of the home remedies I could think of but nothing helped...that's why I asked to see him. After getting a referral from my awful GP, I went to see him and he gave me a pamphlet on how to wipe my bum - very insulting. I am a clean person and clearly I was having some kind of issue that couldn't be solved that simply. He did send me for a colonoscopy which I appreciated but I had never had one before and didn't know what to expect. I asked him but he didn't have the time I guess because he just blew me off. I went for the colonoscopy which was painful (yes I remember) but no follow up. I got my test results from the hospital but no discussion with Dr. Ho. He sent me a prescription to help with symptoms but showed no interest in trying to figure out the cause of the problem. Since then I have more GI issues which seem to run in my family so am going to see another gastroenterologist... I hope this one is better.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Ho is a first class physician and may have saved my life. Ten years ago he removed three pollups from my bowel and then two more five years ago. My older brother was not so lucky and never had himself checked out. He died of bowel cancer at about two years older than I am now. From what I remember it takes about 10 to 15 years for pollups tp turn into cancer. It is one of the most preventable cancers and also one of the most leathal once it gets going. So get checked out and thank you Dr Ho. You are a true hero and life saver.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Many thanks to Dr Ho for handling my swallowing issues. He is a very caring kind Doctor that made me feel confident I was in capable hands for my hospital scope. His receptionists although run off her feet with non stop phone calls was very friendly and polite. Thanks to all involved.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr, Ho for colonoscopy, but to make an appointment is a big challenge. His receptionist never answers the phone and when eventually she calls back she is very unfriendly and abrupt, If she doesn't like her job maybe she should quit.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

My husband is Dr. Ho's patient for 7 years. He is a knowledgeable doctor but unfortunately his office staff are not good at all. She never answer the phone and never return your call.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I am not a patient but a medical student who was working with Dr. Ho today. I have seen many, many doctors in my training phase and believe me when I say that Dr. Ho is the best. He genuinely cares about his patient, and skips lunches in order to help more patients. He is also a great teacher and volunteers his time in the medical education realm. Just a fantastic guy in general.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Very efficient and caring. He expedited my endoscopy, ct scan and colonoscopy. Unfortunately I had stomach cancer. He did everything in his power to get me a very quick surgery. It took a long time to see him but once I did he was just a great Doctor. I am now in the Chemo stage and feel optimist but I am extremely grateful for the care of this man. Thank you so much!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I've found Dr Ho to be nothing but polite, extremely competent and efficient. The receptionists are very empathetic and professional.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014