Ratings for Dr. Jin Kee Ho

I work tangentially to the medical profession in research and know about the human GI tract fairly well. I had already exhausted all of the home remedies I could think of but nothing helped...that's why I asked to see him. After getting a referral from my awful GP, I went to see him and he gave me a pamphlet on how to wipe my bum - very insulting. I am a clean person and clearly I was having some kind of issue that couldn't be solved that simply. He did send me for a colonoscopy which I appreciated but I had never had one before and didn't know what to expect. I asked him but he didn't have the time I guess because he just blew me off. I went for the colonoscopy which was painful (yes I remember) but no follow up. I got my test results from the hospital but no discussion with Dr. Ho. He sent me a prescription to help with symptoms but showed no interest in trying to figure out the cause of the problem. Since then I have more GI issues which seem to run in my family so am going to see another gastroenterologist... I hope this one is better.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Ho is a first class physician and may have saved my life. Ten years ago he removed three pollups from my bowel and then two more five years ago. My older brother was not so lucky and never had himself checked out. He died of bowel cancer at about two years older than I am now. From what I remember it takes about 10 to 15 years for pollups tp turn into cancer. It is one of the most preventable cancers and also one of the most leathal once it gets going. So get checked out and thank you Dr Ho. You are a true hero and life saver.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Many thanks to Dr Ho for handling my swallowing issues. He is a very caring kind Doctor that made me feel confident I was in capable hands for my hospital scope. His receptionists although run off her feet with non stop phone calls was very friendly and polite. Thanks to all involved.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr, Ho for colonoscopy, but to make an appointment is a big challenge. His receptionist never answers the phone and when eventually she calls back she is very unfriendly and abrupt, If she doesn't like her job maybe she should quit.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

My husband is Dr. Ho's patient for 7 years. He is a knowledgeable doctor but unfortunately his office staff are not good at all. She never answer the phone and never return your call.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I am not a patient but a medical student who was working with Dr. Ho today. I have seen many, many doctors in my training phase and believe me when I say that Dr. Ho is the best. He genuinely cares about his patient, and skips lunches in order to help more patients. He is also a great teacher and volunteers his time in the medical education realm. Just a fantastic guy in general.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Very efficient and caring. He expedited my endoscopy, ct scan and colonoscopy. Unfortunately I had stomach cancer. He did everything in his power to get me a very quick surgery. It took a long time to see him but once I did he was just a great Doctor. I am now in the Chemo stage and feel optimist but I am extremely grateful for the care of this man. Thank you so much!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I've found Dr Ho to be nothing but polite, extremely competent and efficient. The receptionists are very empathetic and professional.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

The first time I went to see him it was a consultation with his associate (I can't remember his name right now). The other doctor was great. He asked me about my symptoms, explained thoroughly what the procedure I was about to have, and even talked to me about other possible conditions I had. I left feeling like I was in safe, positive hands. I had the procedure a few months later by Dr. Ho. A few weeks after I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Ho. It was like a complete opposite of the previous doctor I seen. He was abrasive, annoyed with my questions and basically told me he doesn't know what's wrong but contact him in a few years if I get worse. At this point I was missing a ton of work and social activities because of my symptoms. If that wasn't a problem I was afraid what 'worse' could be. He was impatient and condescending. He wasn't helpful whatsoever. I will never recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

After 6 months waiting his student check me (2012)and he just give me PH test and after another 6 months I vomit hoss of ph meter and they told they will send the result to Dr. Ho for another test.He did not follow up. I called many times and left a message. They did not answer he move in new office .I went to see him they told needs new referral from Dr.He is the most neglect Dr. in the world. Today I had GI bleeding. Do not waste your time for him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013