Ratings for Dr. Jin Kee Ho

If you have been referred to Dr. Ho you are very fortunate. Being over 50 and a family history of polyps, I knew a colonoscopy screening was inevitable. I arrived in Dr. Ho's office scared and anxious, with so many questions. Risks? Prep? Do I really need to have one? Dr. Ho was calming and answered all my concerns with respect. His office assistant is amazing. She went over the prep thoroughly. Twice! She made me feel ready for the procedure. When the day came I had very little anxiety. The procedure was comfortable. He even took the time to speak to me after.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

My wife was referred to Dr Ho as she had been suffering from a number of gastrointestinal issues for some time all of which had previously gone unnoticed and untreated Dr Ho asked extensive questions and background to these issuesand carried out a thorough examination He then made arrangements for a number of diagnostic tests to be carried out together with referring my wife to a colleague in a different discipline which he felt also related to some of her symptoms We found Dr Ho to be very kind, empathetic and extremely knowledgable and would highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Very trustworthy doctor. Took away all my concerns about my issue. I have complete confidence in him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

If you are referred to Dr. Ho, know that you are in good hands. He is very knowledgeable, willing to answer any questions, and very thorough. I underwent a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy November 2016. The worst part was the prep. The procedure itself, piece of cake! Had troubles getting a hold of staff for a follow up.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I recently required the services of Dr. Jin Kee Ho and the Lions Gate Endoscopy unit. Dr. Ho and the unit staff were efficient, knowledgeable and caring and the medical facilities were well organized and up-to-date. I quickly lost what anxiety I felt about having a colonoscopy which, in my case, turned out to be relatively quick and painless. I was discharged with results in hand and would unreservedly recommend both Dr. Ho and the Lions Gate unit staff.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

He doesn't seem interested in curing you, just keeping you as a repeat customer. 90% of ulcers are cause by H. pylori infections. Ask him how many times he's prescribed antibiotics to get rid of an ulcer. He'd rather prescribe acid reducers to keep you coming back.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I work tangentially to the medical profession in research and know about the human GI tract fairly well. I had already exhausted all of the home remedies I could think of but nothing helped...that's why I asked to see him. After getting a referral from my awful GP, I went to see him and he gave me a pamphlet on how to wipe my bum - very insulting. I am a clean person and clearly I was having some kind of issue that couldn't be solved that simply. He did send me for a colonoscopy which I appreciated but I had never had one before and didn't know what to expect. I asked him but he didn't have the time I guess because he just blew me off. I went for the colonoscopy which was painful (yes I remember) but no follow up. I got my test results from the hospital but no discussion with Dr. Ho. He sent me a prescription to help with symptoms but showed no interest in trying to figure out the cause of the problem. Since then I have more GI issues which seem to run in my family so am going to see another gastroenterologist... I hope this one is better.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Ho is a first class physician and may have saved my life. Ten years ago he removed three pollups from my bowel and then two more five years ago. My older brother was not so lucky and never had himself checked out. He died of bowel cancer at about two years older than I am now. From what I remember it takes about 10 to 15 years for pollups tp turn into cancer. It is one of the most preventable cancers and also one of the most leathal once it gets going. So get checked out and thank you Dr Ho. You are a true hero and life saver.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Many thanks to Dr Ho for handling my swallowing issues. He is a very caring kind Doctor that made me feel confident I was in capable hands for my hospital scope. His receptionists although run off her feet with non stop phone calls was very friendly and polite. Thanks to all involved.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr, Ho for colonoscopy, but to make an appointment is a big challenge. His receptionist never answers the phone and when eventually she calls back she is very unfriendly and abrupt, If she doesn't like her job maybe she should quit.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016