Ratings for Dr. Samuel S. Norvell

Dr. Norvell was an hour late for the scheduled appointment. It Doesn't sit well with me, because time is extremely precious to me.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

They have the worst staff ever. so rude and unaccommodating! Do not see them at all,you will waste your time

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

He is very knowledgeable and is very thorough in his check-ups, especially with mole/cancer checks throughout the body and hair. He was able to diagnose a skin issue I had, where another doctor completely misdiagnosed. He even showed me visually what it was a minute after he took the biopsy along with the proper next steps. He provides the correct treatment with proper dosing and was available over the phone and called back within the hour, to discuss some questions I had. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

My husband & I have been going to Dr Norvell for years for many different procedures, pre-skin cancer,treatments, lymphomas , in office surgeries, moles removed ,biopsies, check-ups etc. We trust him completely ! Never a kinder more involved Doctor. I cannot praise him enough. He wanted me to go to a plastic surgeon to have a mole removed on my face. I said can't you do it? So I had him remove the mole. He did a fabulous job right inn his office. I was very pleased. You will be happy with your choice if you decide to make him your dermatologist !

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

My husband and I have been thrilled with the care that our sons (both have eczema) receive from Dr. Norvell. He actually visited my older son in the hospital when he was 8 months old to analyze a rash on his face, having only seen him once before. He's kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and always makes you feel like you are doing the best thing for your child.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Dr. Norvell is the best, he's knowledgeable, kind and caring. When it comes to suspicious moles, he works on the cautious side and would rather remove it than send you away feeling unsure. Unfortunately his staff is arrogant and intimidating, but he's still the best around. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

I've been going to him for over 10 years after a recommendation from a friend. He's excellent. I trust him. He has actually steered me away from procedures I wanted because he believed that I would not get the results I expected due to my skin type. he has treated me for basal carcinoma and insisted that I come back for regular check ups as a result. This wasn't so that he could "make an extra buck" but because he is genuinely concerned form my health. I now bring my teenage daughter to him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

I'll join the chorus. I've been going to Dr. Norvel for almost 15 years. He is great. Friendly, informative, patient and helpful. He's a gem. Wish all doctors mirrored him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

One of the best Doctors I have ever come across. He is knowledgeable, patient and takes the time to explain everything thoroughly and answer any and all questions. Would recommend him to everyone who needs a Dermatologist

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

What a nice man. Very knowledgeable and thorough. He puts you at ease. I know he won't hurt me at all, I totally trust him. Wish there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2007

Dr. Samuel S. Norvell's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

AHC