Ratings for Dr. Franklin S. Cohen

I assume I went to the same doctor as the previous (negative) comment. I was referred to Dr. Cohen by my GI doctor for removal of a polyp. He was very patient and explained what he would do. He kept me calm through the procedure. Several months later I was in severe pain from hemorhoids. I tried all sorts of creams and nothing worked. I woke up one morning and knew I had to see a doctor or go to a hospital that day. (I had a hemorhoidectomy 15 years earlier and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.) I called Dr. Cohen's office and explained the emergency. They said to come in. I was in much distress but Dr. Cohen listened patiently. He examined me and said he saw the situation. He explained gently that he had an anesthesiologist in the office that day and I would be put out under general anesthesia. He did something other than a hemorhoidectomy. Then he carefully explained aftercare to my wife and me. He has a wonderful bedside manner. 2 months later I am still OK.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I was referred to this guy for a minor surgery on my hand, and let's just say I'm glad it was nothing too serious. His office was kind of gross, the staff was unfriendly and freaked me out, and came very close to bailing on the surgery. Bedside manner is bad, he might as well be a used car salesman. When the stitches came out, he left a piece of string in my hand and I had to point it out to him so he could remove it. My Doc tried to send me to him again for something else (he's a "generalist") and I said NFW. Never again.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Franklin S. Cohen's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)