Ratings for Dr. Robert Aki

I saw dr in Hilo so staff was notable issue. I have Mortons neuroma. The doctor said he has it too, his advise was to stay off of it (!) like he can ?!?. I had to push for a referral for physical therapy, PT was the best thing yet for my feet! I went to Hilo chiropractic and pt , Malia Pruett- she knows feet!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

He is a fool, very unprofessional. always asking me about my backside, I think he is homosexual or something

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I was happy I didnt have to wait a long time as I had my three year old g.daughter with me. Dr. Aki took a lot of time with me and listened to my problems with my foot without making me feel rushed. I am pleased and will continue to see him. His staff was also pleasant and accommodating when I asked for a hard copy receipt.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I was able to be seen right away when I injured my foot. The doctor was very kind and respectful as well as his staff!! I highly recommend making a visit if you should have any trouble with your feet!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Excellent good experience, the doc is really good. Nice guy. Helped me out. He takes Quest when everyone else told me no. I think he cares and that's the what matters to me

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

ZERO STARS!!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS PODIATRIST! He may be good, but his staff is incompetent. I called on Tuesday AND Wednesday to have them refer me to a PT.The day of my appointment (Thursday), the PT still had not gotten the referral and threatened to charge me for not cancelling my appointment 24 hours in advance (it's their policy). Dr. Aki's office is not open on Thursday, so I called again Friday morning. I was promised that it would be done "right now". It's now early afternoon, and the PT still has not gotten my referral! AND Dr. Aki's office isn't answering their phone. Total incompetence! If I ever get my referral, I will NEVER go back!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

It took 7 weeks for his staff to finally submit office notes to Big Island Orthopedic Services, and when they finally received it, it was incomplete and had no supporting information. I was not his only patient they were awaiting followup information. 4 faxes were sent and multiple phone calls made. None of that information got through to the correct person who handles these requests. At one point, the receptionist lied to me. The call was on a Friday and it sounded like she was on her cell phone in traffic. She told me the doctor and his nurse were at the Hilo office. When I called the Hilo office, he was not scheduled to be there until the following Wednesday. Dr. Aki might be good, but his staff is horrible.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

dr aki and his staff are by far awesome!!!!! highly recommend him and his pleasant staff!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

This doctor waqs very kind and curteous and helped fix my problem and get me back to work right away where 2 other doctors, who shall go unamed failed. His surgery got me up and walking in weeks.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I can't begin to tell you how horrible this place is. I'm not one to make a bad review unless it's absolutely unbelievably bad.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Robert Aki's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Delta Dental