Ratings for Dr. Craig M. Wax

This doctor saved my life after having bern diagnosed with Failed Back Syndrome.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Stay away from!! The staff is nice however the Dr. Wax is to be avoided. My daughter was brought in for knee injury evaluation and had everything but!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I agree wih those who said he starts out nice but has very poor bedside manners. He treats his existing patients with indifference. He is great your first 2-3 visits as he has his new patient sales pitch down but truly not a quality primary healthcare physician.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Wax and his staff are caring and thoughtful. They care for my family and I and are always there for us, even when our insurance fight with both of us!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

This was the 1st and only time I will visit a D.O. (Sorry to those D.O.'s that are well educated) He started out as very nice, but I quickly learned that HIS opinion is the only one that mattered. Yes, I am over weight but his attitude towards me was one of indifference. My main problem is that I do not eat enough meals, but those that I do are healthy. No pre packaged meals, only fresh or frozen veggies etc. His responce to having french onion soup for dinner was that it was Ok except for the beef broth and the cheese. I use minimal cheese when I make this meal. His opinion was that we all should eat only the items that grow from thew earth(excluding potatoes). Sorry Doc, but I am not a vegan!!. I believe a Doc has to be open to each patients life style and not force his on others..It was 1st and only appointment..

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

While Dr. Wax may have his quirks he is a tireless advocate for his patients and will go to bat for them against the insurance companies who try to deny care. He is great at giving referrals to specialists and diagnostics so that your problem is either prevented, discovered, addressed,and/or treated appropriately. He knows his medicine! I enjoy going to him and feel that he listens to me, shows concern, solicits and accepts my input, and is proactive in his treatment approaches.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

Stay away from this guy. He started out sort of nice and his office staff are nice but on many issues that i had with the doctor(Wax)he was very ignorant, for instance, with one medication i was taking it was giving me very bad side effects and he refused to listen to any other medical ideas i spoke to him about. The side effects were unbearable and he told me basically, "I had to make sacrifices" nor would he even send me to see a specialist at the least because he said his "mental prowness was sufficient"! What arrogance. Luckily, after spending 25 minutes listening to one of his "personal" conversations in the office one day DURING an examination, i changed doctor's that week and couldn't be happier because there was other drugs that helped without all the side effects i was experiencing. A few of my friends were also patients with him and not suprisingly said the same sort of things about him. VERY unprofessional!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

Dr. Craig M. Wax's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1994)

Avmed