Ratings for Dr. C. Scott Nunes

1. take forever to set an appointment 2. after referrals and promising to set appointments - zero follow up. 3. no follow up after lab tests and no calls to set appointment 4. refusal to provide medical records - LAB / blood tests - without an appointment - use it a systematic way to make money 4. staff has zero capabilities of understanding the deal with people at their weak conditions and abuse them 5. made me sign a consent i was not aware of that i will not get any LAB results without further appointment

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

A Doctor who provides Less Than Exceptional Service, His Staff is rude, He fires a patient because of his incompetence of reviewing Lab tests results and writing wrong prescription medication. Called the Office . He Fired ! The Customer ? This is unethical .... Bad Doctor !

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Worse than ever expected. At first all seemed fine on the first two visits. Then recommending tests and treatments that i found out later were just to boost the bill to my insurance company and to myself as well. months later to this day have never heard the results of a test they said i must have immediately. I called the Doctor and was told my his office the results have not been returned to them yet. I call the next day, new story - no there here. Lie after lie. I put them on the Dr's desk yesterday, when in fact yesterday was her day off.. caught in her own lie she didnt know what to say. Since I had a real medical problem that any DR'S office could take care of. All I got was a referal to some Specialist that I didnt need to see (this is per the emergency room DR. & nurses, They said it was a common problem and 20 mins later I was done. Per insurance: office visit is copay...Emerg. room cost me 300.00 up front & 100.00 billed to me. Not at all the Doctor I heard he was.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

His front desk staff is very nice. His nurse Wendy is very rude and gruff. He breaks appointments all the time now because he is working in the hospital one week out of every month. Do you not know in advance when you won't be in your office? Maybe have your staff should not schedule appointments for that week? When a patient is on medications that need refills and you cancel appointments the day before and won't call in or write perscriptions because of your absence, that is a problem! This has happened three times now. I'm out!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Wife has been with Dr. for over 10 years, was very good and attentive early on and cared for her well, but now his practice is so large that he has went from being an excellent Dr. to a very mediocre administrator, His hospital on-call Dr. Aboutanos failed to review my wife's history and cut her pain medications to the point that my wife was forced into detox and withdrawel and thus causing another vascular afib heart attack which then required her to have to have a pacemaker/defibrillator surgical implant done, she was originally only to have 2 units of packed blood and spend the night, but due to Dr. Nunes's proxy stopping my wife's pain, and anxiety meds which forced her into detox she has sustained more heart damage, a previously un-needed implant and further shortening of her life. We used to trust and believe in this man, and have seen all of his children all boys come along, but now don't trust him anymore. he doesn't have enough time to stay on top of his bloated practice.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

He runs late, sometimes too late, when you're ready to walk out. It's hard to have a good visit after feeling like that. He's smart, but doesn't believe in himself enough, so he refers a lot. He is kind, and he listens, which is rare these days. But his staff ( not to included his front reception ladies) are some of the worst I have ever seen. It took me 8 (yes eight, this is not a type-o) phone calls to get a refill on medication I've been on for over 10 year (not controlled) to get the refill faxed into the pharmacy, when I had an appointment 12 days before, and had one on the books for 3 weeks ahead. Whoever is handling is refill calls needs to be evaluated. He as a person is very nice, he as a Doctor, needs a little confidence.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Dr. Nunes and his superb Nurse Barbara have taken care of my entire family since he joined Osler. He is a knowledgeable, caring and concerned doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

I've been going to Dr. Nunes for 4 years now and have appreciated is willingness to listen or make referrals when he doesn't have the level of expertise for a given condition. His patient relentless quest for a proper diagnosis and treatment is comforting. I always feel well cared for and appreciate the ease of getting appropriate medicine as needed. In these financially stressful times, I really appreciate his willingness to work with me in determining a cost effective medication whenever possible.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Missed my wifes cancer all the way through stage 4. Cost her life.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. C. Scott Nunes's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1997)