Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Steinhaus

My experience with Breast Care Specialists was extremely disconcerting. I had been forewarned that the wait time would be 4 hours. I would understand if each patient was given the time and thorough treatment they deserved. However, the treatment by the staff was disrespectful and unfriendly. I was not expecting that. We are herded in like cattle in a large waiting room. They yelled out my name in the crowd and I had no clue who was speaking to me or from where they were calling my name. I had an appointment with Dr. Steinhauz for a second opinion relavent to suspicious mammogram, ultrasound and MRI. Understandably I was nervous. I needed direction as to next steps and how to go about implementing her directives. Nothing definitive was given to me upon leaving her office. After leaving several messages for Jaimie her assistant, I received no return calls or follow up. I was unable to access the patient portal and called to speak with their office technician two weeks later. She told me no report had been submitted by Dr. Steinhauz as of yet. I had no indication how to proceed. A week later I received a disturbing letter from her office stating I would no longer be her patient for not following through with her directives. Really? I still was not given specifics about what to do. I asked to speak to Dr. Steinhauz and if she would call me when she was available. I was told to leave a message with her assistant. I left several more messages for Jaimie to return my call for clarification. She never returned a call. This was a very demoralizing and anxiety producing experience and most unethical treatment of a patient with the lowest standard of care. Very upsetting to say the least. I am at a loss for how this office could possibly think their conduct was acceptable.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Brilliant surgeon and extremely warm and compassionate. Highly, highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Extreme wait times even for routine follow-up visit to exceed 2.5 hours. There was no apology from the staff and no update from staff as I waited for 1.5 hours in the exam room.Surgery scheduler is abrupt and inpatient. Dr. Steinhaus is warm, kind and very willing to answer any and all questions.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Dr. Stein hauls is an amazing doctor,superior surgeon who has a wonderful bedside manner. She stopped by to see me before surgery to cover any additional questions. She waited for me to wake up post surgery to deliver some unfortunate news and stayed with me and my husband well after 7pm after at least a 12 hour day of work for her. She was also excellent at pots op follow up. Would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Elizabeth Steinhaus is part of a "Breast Care Specialist" group practice. This is a doctor who defines everything good about the word! She has knowledge; she has compassion; she demonstrates individualized attention and interest; she is straight-forward. SHE WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!! Due to this, her practice runs very full and there is a 'process' that is used to inch you through each step of your visit. However, they have a new facility that has been designed specifically to accommodate this process and the delays are not extreme. When you consider the balls that are juggled in this specialty practice - 'regular' visits, ultrasounds, biopsies, MRI's, surgeries, delivering the 'bad news' of cancer, ETC! the finesse of the operation is amazing. And last, but certainly not least in ANY WAY, the entire staff if top-notch, NOT JADED, personable to a one, and a pleasure to work with. I consider this a benchmark operation!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. Elizabeth Steinhaus's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1987)

GHI