Ratings for Dr. S. BRET Cope

We started seeing Dr. Cope when he first started practicing. Small office, very personable and spent a lot of time treating and getting to know you. Once he started upgrading office space, the quality of his care decreased. In the last couple of years, we spent more time with his assistants than with him. He would just sort of float in and then let his assistants do most of the work. Once he moved into the great office space in Market Street, it felt like they were pushing procedures to pay the bills. As long as it was a general check-up/cleaning, it was fine. Problems started with some fillings & a couple of crowns that took forever to arrive. For a filling that they convinced me "might one day give me problems so I should change it," I ended up needing a root canal. By then, we were tired of being worked on by everyone else in that office, but not really by him. Hygienists were good but after years of loyalty, we were so dissappointed & left. Coworker of mine had similar issues.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Went n for a painful molar and Dr Cope said antibiotic would take care of it. The tooth became so painfully infected it had to be extracted. At this point, the numbing agent did no good and 1-1/2hrs later, after incredible pain and Dr. Cope's temper tantrums, the tooth finally was extracted. He was EXTREMELY unprofessional and rude!! Don't go there!!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013

The staff and dentist are awesome! They are very helpful with helping understand my insurance. My experience with this office was great all the way around!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I am 58 yo and have suffered most of my life with dental phobia. It was so bad that just the smell of a dental office would set my nerves on edge. I found Dr Cope and what a difference he and his staff have made for me. They have helped me overcome my phobia! I can go to the dentist now without a total melt down! In March 2012, I had 2 crowns put on. It took 2-1/2 hours. I went through the whole thing with comfort and ease. Cheryl is my hygenist and I just love her too!Best of all, my teeth are healthy now! If you are afraid of the dentist, I highly recommend Dr Cope. His office doesn't look or feel like a dental office! The staff will treat you with respect and kindness. Thank you Dr. Cope and staff! Kathy Baldwin

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr Cope and Dr Muzny are THE best. Their staff is helpful and very friendly. I love Jackie - she always greets me with a smile.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I like the Dr. and some of asst. but one asst. I got was very rough. I told her to be careful with my bonding, which she wasn't. My bonding had a hole in between the front teeth. Looked like I had pepper in teeth. I told them I shouldn't have to pay to have just bonding put on they scraped off. Of course they charged me and are now saying I am rude. I was not rude the person I spoke to kept using dental words I didn't know. I asked her to speak plainly and she said I was being rude. I was not rude just wanted and answer. I have always paid my bills on time and don't mind paying what I owe. But don't like having to pay when I was suppose to have only what they scrapped off. Very unhappy since I really like Dr Cope and thinks he does a good job.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Bad Customer Service and billing experience :( Good Dentist and Hygenists though.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Dr. Cope, his office manage,r and the staff are all very professional and offer the best dental service in the area. We think the best part of the office is the service, which is the best around. We are cash-paying customers as we do not have a dental insurance plan so we have many choices of dentists in The Woodlands. For the price, we feel it is the best deal. We have been to three dentists and refuse to go back because of the unprofessional behavior and lack of dental knowledge. Dr. Cope has gone above and beyond his normal work hour duties to help our family's dental needs. He even gives his home phone number when we have serious dental work done AND is not mad when we call. What a great feeling! Someone from the office always follows up with a call the next day to see how we are doing. Dr Cope is up-to-date on the latest dental techniques and his staff has always been courteous and professional to us. The office is run efficiently and we highly recommend Dr. Cope.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I walked out because of how poorly i was treated by his wife (she is the office manager)!!!!! I was going to do a deep tissue cleaning, i had called 2 week before and spoken with the front desk making them aware that i had just had a cleaning elsewhere. Then at my apt, they said i needed xrays and wanted to charge me (my insurance) $300 for 7 xrays, i told them i just had them done, can we order them from previous dentist. The wife walks in unfriendly, seems a little nervous and says that since I didnt bring xrays with me, they have to do them. SHE WAS BLAIMING ME FOR NOT KNOWING THEIR PROTOCOL (her words exactly). I told her never was i made aware i needed xrays, can we please order them from my previous dentist? NO, its too late, we have blocked out an hour and a half for you, if you dont get the xrays i am charging you for visit. SHE SAID I SHOULDVE KNOWN I NEEDED THE XRAYS (how the ???? am i supposed to know). She was rude, pointed the finger.....so i left. They didnt charge me.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Solid dentist, business practices questionable. My two kids missed an appointment...6 month check ups. The charge was $200 per person. We had not missed an appointment in the past. It was an honest mistake on our part and we agreed to pay the amount Dr Cope would have been reimbursed by our insurance - about half the cost he was charging us. I have researched the topic and most Dentists will give a warning after the first missed appointment and then access a $50 charge - totally reasonable. We were willing to pay double that to resolve the situation - but a no go from his office manager. Too bad, I really liked him as a Dentist but we will not be going back. Four lost patients, one with expensive dental work mid-stream. Doesn't make sense.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010