Ratings for Dr. Susana Lugo

At 60, with a mental health history of 40 years, I have had one manic episode. I was incorrectly diagnosed as bipolar twice by this Dr. The second time, she was the director of the behavioral unit, and I was not able to change. Both times she diagnosed me in less than 5 min. The second time, she stopped my regular psyche meds., and put me on three anti-phychotic meds. After about eight days, I started refusing this medication. She didn't see me over the weekend. My head started to clear, and when I saw her on Monday, she said that I seemed much better. That is when I told her I was refusing the meds. It took me that next week to get out of the behavioral unit. I spent over a week having halucinations, and not knowing what was real and what wasn't. My son got a phone call from a social worker after 5 days telling him that I was in the unit, and that I was confused. He had no idea where I was for that period of time. It took me 2-3 months to get back to some kind of normal.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Susana Lugo's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal