Ratings for Dr. John L. Patten

I didn't like the long wait times. I realize they have priorities that change but there was only 4 people in front of me and none of them seemed to have anything serious going on. Then Dr. Patten acted like he was in a rush to get to the next patient so I didn't feel like I got the care or attention I needed. He also complained about the office staff that do his scheduling which I also thought was unprofessional to complain to me about them. This isn't a concern a patient should hear a doctor complain about. He should address such office issues with them.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

I saw him for osteopathic work and didn't like him. He seemed distant personality wise and as if he was in a hurry. He told me at the beginning that he was a type of guy who likes to get "in and get it done and get out". Which raised a red flag with me. I've seen Osteopaths off and on for about 10 years now and none of them were that terrible. He hurt my back and I never feel injured after seeing an OST before him. Usually an OST will take upwards of 20 minutes with a minimum of 10+ minutes working on me but he only took all but 3 to 4 minutes. He raced through it and was very rough. At one point he simply tugged on my leg as if doing nothing. Usually an OST working on my legs will pull in a specific way but he seemed like he was just "pulling my leg". Anyway, I felt OK at first but after I left PCHC where he works I felt pain in my upper back that I never felt after leaving any OST before. Today my back is still sore. I felt like he rushed through too fast and was overly aggressive.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Dr. Patten has been my doctor for about 6 years. He is very pleasant to talk to and I feel very comfortable with him. The only problem I have is he makes me wait for a very long time before I get to see him. Those exam rooms are very uncomfortable and boring. When ever I have a health issue he makes sure that I get propper care. I would recommend Dr. Patten to anyone that needs a good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. John L. Patten's Credentials

• Univ Of New England, Coll Of Osteo Med, Biddeford Me 04005 (Grad. 1998)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio