Ratings for Dr. Fred J. Hawley

I visited three podiatrists before finding Dr. Hawley to help me with my painful bunions. The three previous providers told me that removing the bunion was the only thing to get rid of the pain and that was it. Dr. Hawley actually found the root of the issue in some hyper-mobility of my toes. He corrected my bunion but also surgically fixed my hyper-mobility issue. I'm six weeks out from surgery and very satisfied with my results. I would recommend anyone to check out Dr. Hawley at the Polyclinic before they choose a podiatrist

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Clear, careful, compassionate. One of the best doctors I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Hawley came highly recommended from a good friend. I visited Dr. Hawley at the Polyclinic in Seattle. Had absolutely no problems with the back office staff. They were great. He took X-rays and an MRI of my ankle. With those results in hand, he explained about the ankle damage and said he'd get back to me next week with his recommendations and to continue with PT. No call came. I waited 10 days before I called his office. The message I left was that my ankle seemed to be getting worse (which it is). I called and left that same message three weeks in a row. None of my calls were returned. I liked Dr. Hawley personally, but lack of action has led me to seek answers from another foot and ankle clinic.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

2 years ago, I came to Dr Hawley with pain in my foot. He told me cortisone shots were the only thing that would help. He injected a shot on two occasions, one month apart into the area surrounding the nerve that seemed to be bothering me. It did not help at all. In fact, I developed a systemic and hormonal reaction, as well as having skin thinning, collagen decrease and atrophy of the tertius muscle of the ankle. To this day the muscle is still atrophied, the skin looks like old person skin (I am 34), and because of the loss of the muscle, I have constant tightness in my achilles tendon. I'm very disappointed because i used to be a runner.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Good podiatrist with good bedside (or chairside) manner. Friendly, interested, helpful, offers advice in a non-judjmental, kind fashion. Has patient's best interests in mind and offers alternative solutions. Recommends over the counter meds instead of Rx's to help patient avoid unnecessary medical costs.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Dr. Fred J. Hawley's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Arlington, WA