Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Fera

Dr. Fera is an okay doctor if you want to go once a year for a physical. However, if you have anything more complicated than a stubbed toe you should go elsewhere. He has little knowledge beyond rudimentary medicine and is overly fond of referring to unnecessary specialists or the emergency room! for issues other primary care doctors handle competently on their own. Seems unwilling to take ownership for any diagnosis or treatment beyond the "basic physician's creed:" exercise, eat well and get enough sleep. Does not appear to keep up with medical advances in various fields. Unwilling to try anything new (to him). Nice enough, but I am pulling my mom into another practice, where the doctors have more knowledge about co-morbidity and are capable of coordinating a continuum of care for a patient with multiple issues.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I went to Frank Fera's office once. His advice was neither helpful nor appropriate for my condition. The drug he insisted he wanted me to use wasn't necessary. Before I left the office, he said: "Don't believe everything you read online about me." I hadn't even thought about reading anything about him online until he said that. What I did finally read was horrifying. Fera has been sanctioned on more than one occasion by the OPMC and the TU article indicated he had copious prescription drugs in his home and another physicians prescription pad! The article I read also implied Fera was addicted to prescription drugs. The OPMC report online indicated he sexually abused one of his patients. Suffice it to say, I never returned to his practice.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr Fera tells his patients what they want to hear not the truth. He has convinced my Aunt that she can ake of herself but the entire family knows differently. He has caused my family so much stress just to keep my aunt happy with him. He actually told my aunt things my uncle (who was also a patient, until recently) and I both told him in confidence.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Always willing to listen. Doesn't rush you. Knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Fera literally saved my life because of his rare lack of arrogance and willingness to hear what his patients say. Diagnostic tests kept coming back negative, but symptoms persisted. Team of specialists dismissed the symptoms and claimed nothing was wrong because test results showed no issues. Only Dr. Fera's persistence in rooting out why symptoms continued caused the true issue to eventually emerge. It was life-threatening, required immediate 12 hour surgery, and if not for him, I would have been dead in a week - in spite of all the supposedly "best" doctors in the region reviewing my case. He was the only one who put as much credence in me as he did in the diagnostic testing - and because of that - and that alone, I am still here. To the person above who said "Be warned," many great docs have at least one malpractice accusation & consensual sex is no one else's business regardless of whom it is with. Media can mis-lead and is written to sell papers-distort situations regularly.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

Exceptional Diagnositician and provided proper medication and treatment.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

exceptionally excellent doctor.Great 'bedside manner' and boat loads of intelligence and experience to back it up. The man can walk his talk. One of the best !!!!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2008

Dr. Frank J. Fera's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albany, NY