Ratings for Dr. Dan Milder

I was referred to Dr Milder via my Law firm for a worker's compensation claim. Despite his anticipated expertise, he did not understand the illness, had terrible bedside manner, clearly had not read my files and failed to process the information that was provided to him and overcharged by several hundred dollars, which I could not get back upon winning my case. Upon providing an `expert statement' to the law firm, they had to ask him to do it again as he failed to address the pertinent issues. He even made a number of follow up phone calls to me after we met as he failed to understand the material I had provided him and failed to listen to clear and concise information. Despite having no other patients booked in on the day I saw him I still had to wait nearly an hour before he casually arrived at his office. Steer clear of him and save your money!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Milder has some odd ways about him. He doesn't like small talk, don't put your feet up against his desk and don't waffle on. But he is one of the best. I had been having major neck problems and had been to see a number of specialists - no relief. After spending 5 minutes with Dr Milder he hit the nail on the head. I would rather have someone who's not overly friendly but 'knows his stuff' than having someone who is super friendly and gets it wrong. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

If you are looking for a friendly, relaxed neurologist who will listen to you endlessly and offer emotional support - Dr Milder is not for you. If you want a neurologist who knows his stuff, is thorough, knowledgeable and professional - he's your man. I found the other reviews quite unfair, but can understand where they are coming from. What Milder lacks in bedside manner the first time you meet him, he makes up in genuine concern and constructive assistance as you get to know one another. I am incredibly happy with his care. I have learnt his 'quirks' and have come to actually appreciate them. He's always late, his receptionist is a real character (almost feels like you're in a sitcom). At the start he likes you to answer all questions with yes or no, he likes the chairs positioned a certain way, and other small quirks. He is honest, he certainly knows his stuff and his opinions and judgments have to date always been spot on.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

I was the only patient in the waiting room and i sat there for over an hour with a spinal problem.I found this doctors' handling rough and he did not even look at my xrays nor did he look at the reports from them.This doctor is the only doctor out of 5 who I have seen who made me take my clothes off. I was also told to answer question using yes or no. I was not allowed to explain any other details.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

In my opinion Dr Milder has a serious personality disorder. He seemed to need to impress with his importance. He was unable to accept suggestions from me, as to the cause of my condition. He did not read the history I had written about my illness, he just concluded after a cursory discussion, what my problem was. His conclusions were quite incorrect and seemed designed to hide a lack of knowledge about the type of illness I have. I have a degree in biochemistry, so I am not unqualified to analyze my own problem. He had me undress to do a neurological exam, and then walked out of the room, opening the door allowing all in the waiting room to see me. I will not seek his services again.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008