Ratings for Dr. Sam Boutros

This 'veterinarian' I can't call him a human doctor! Delivered my son in 1993, he had the worst bed side manor, I was having a contraction and he asked me a question. I asked him to wait, this made him angry and when the contraction was done I asked him to repeat his question. He said " do you want help or not?" My guy and I didn't know what other questions to ask, like what are the options at this point...so we said yes. He gave me an episiotomy roughly not even making an attempt to do it correctly. He narrowly missed cutting into my but hole( can't use the correct name on this!!!)Then started to stich me up when I hadn't even delivered the placenta, he was furious that I was pushing while he was stitching. Sorry that was not under my control?!?! My infection was so bad it took 6 weeks to heal. My family doctor was very upset and apologized profusely!! A friend that worked in labour and delivery said his rate of infection was triple the other OBGYN's!!! Why he was allowed to practice in Canada is still a mystery to me!!! In my opinion he was a woman hater!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I was sent by my Dr to Boutros (can't call him Dr) in the early 80's for excessive bleeding. He did my hysterectomy and I spent 3 weeks in RDH for an infection that he said was not there. Nurses tried to tell him and it was a nurse that found a hair in my insusion, and removed it. I never saw him after that and was sent home when the swelling went down so my family Dr could care for it and change dressings daily at the Innisfail hospital. Nine years ago he was no different. My daughter was sent to him at 8.5 months pregnant. He refused to allow me into the office with her. First child 35 yrs old, and mentally disabled. He did not care.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Dr. Boutros was the best. He helped me through several miscarriages and was the only Doctor that was able to pinpoint the problem. I finally was able to carry a child and we now have a happy family. I don't know where some of these people are finding bad bedside manners, he was excellent with me and I would have died, had it not been for Dr. Boutros. I would trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

I hear he is retired now, but he delievered my son via c-section in 2003. He was the doc on call that night. It was an emergancy c-section.. and as he introduced I recalled his nice name from friends 'the ****'. I kinda freaked in my mind, but was blown away at his incredible bedside manner! I was crying about the c-sec to come, and he kept rubbing my back and ressuring me i would be fine. After the birth, the nurse came to check my scar... she asked who did it, and when i told her she seemed shocked.. then said that it was the best scar she'd seen... today i cant even see it! ;) Hes great in my books!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Good grief, he's been retired for years. I worked with him and despite his abrupt manner I know for a fact that without him several people would be DEAD right now. He was so good in emergency situations. I know that he saved several lives during post partum hemorrhages. Also he was good at predicting the delivery time. Women should quit whining and thank God he was there in their time of need. I have worked with him for 15 plus years and would have trusted him with my life.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

I was referred to Dr. B after our 3rd baby died in Innisfail,1978 (that birth should have been a C-section, too much "watchful waiting" on our family doctor's part,as was the fashion then). We went on to have another 6(!) babies with Dr. B. supervising...I agree his bedside manner isn't always the most wonderful I've ever seen/heard; but he was extremely knowlegable and I wouldn't want to have a baby in any other circumstances. If one gets to know him first, things are great. In the culture Dr. B. was raised in, women were not deferred to as much as here in Canada; so I found I had to assert myself a little more than with a Canadian doctor. I was more than willing to do that, in order to have the higher skill level. Over the years, he also began to accept midwifery, and that helped our relationship out considerably; altho' I would never have had a home birth, due to my medical history, I did have a midwife attend our last child's birth for "labor support" only. A great combination!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

This doctor is thankfully retired. His nickname was the **** and I believe it. The only reason my c-section was by him was because he was the doctor on call that night. He had horrible bedside manner. My husband specifically said he didn't want to see anything but yet Boutros specifically showed my uterus to my husband! I had pph and ended up with an infection that took weeks to heal (which according to nurses was VERY common with this doctor.) I never would have ever recommended him and wished I never had him either. Thankfully I do have a healthy beautiful daughter so that is about the only plus to this tale.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

This doctor was very good and knowledgable. I did not experience anything negative at all.I'm sorry I cannot agree with everybody here.He actually answered All of my concerns.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

he was the doctor ON CALL when I went in to have my frist son he took me in for a c-section at 7cm, I think he just wanted to be done with me he was rude and told me if I didnt have a c-section I could leave and go somewhere else there was no medical reson for a c -section I really beleave he just didnt want to have to keep coming and checking on me and wanted to get in over with...

flag | Submitted December 1, 2007

Dr. Boutros forced me to continue with a vaginal delivery after many hours of hard labour and a baby in distress. My beautiful full-term son was born with the cord wrapped tightly around his neck and after resusitation only lived for 3 days. He was rude and uncaring. If he would have performed an emergency c/s my son would be 6 years old.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007