Ratings for Dr. Richard T. Scott

Dr. Scott cares more about being a celebrity than a doctor who's supposed to help and care about his patients. I saw him only once, for the initial consultation and never again. Whenever I asked to speak with him, I would get a call back from his assistant who although a nice guy, is straight out of college. The reason I went to dr. Scott was for his experience, not to be simply pushed over to an assistant. RMNJ is a factory and you will be nothing more than a number to them. If yours is an uncomplicated situation, anyone will likely be able to help you including dr. Scott. But, if you need individualized care, you should look elswhere, otherwise you can expect to be forced into their mold. You should also know that one of the reasons their success rates are high is because they do not do day 3 embryo transfers which is a huge disadvantage to you as a patentient, but it helps keep their success rates high. After being told by dr. Scott that my chances of having a biological child were almost next to zero due to my poor egg quality, and after 4 failed IVF cycles, I moved on to a smaller practice and got pregnant on my secon IUI, with my own egg. I cannot recommend dr. Scott and RMANJ to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Submitted July 5, 2014

We originally met with a smaller group and were unsuccessful. Had concerns about going to such a large practice as others have mentioned we did not want to be just a number. It is true that you mainly deal with a nurse assigned to you. However we met with Dr Scott on several occasions both pre and post procedure. He was very professional caring and aware of our case. I VF is not magic it took time to figure out what we needed to do and the doctor and staff were there to help along the way. Thank you Dr Scott for our beautiful daughter.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I failed treatment twice at Cornell and twice in Colorado with Dr Schoolcraft. As a last hope, I went to see Dr Scott at RMA. Three months later I am pregnant with twins! He was awesome. He would always call if I requested a time. The whole team was wonderful. Dr Scott is the best

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

had mixed feelings about Dr. Scott. At first I thought he was polite and knowledgeable. Then I was disappointed in how unprofessional he was in not returning calls. Obnoxious, plan and simple. He should treat his patients with more respect just like he would want to be treated. I would schedule my appointment with Dr. Drew instead. he was very professional and friendly. He treated you like a human being. Dr. Scott should stick to research and public speaking and not see patients. If it's a hassle returning our calls, don't practice medicine.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

If you need a fertility doctor, Dr. Scott is the doctor to see. I got pregnant on my first IVF, and while it is true that you won't interact with him very often (you mostly speak with a nurse assigned to you), whenever my husband and I asked to talk to him, it was never a problem. I am so grateful to have had him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

They were the best of the best. Dr Scott was never available is true, but the nurses are very knowlegable and I got pregnant there 3 years ago :) t

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

I am sure Dr. Scott is a decent doctor, but he is no longer focused on patient care. When you become his patient, you see him ONCE only during the consultation and then become a cog in the RMA-NJ factory wheel. If there's nothing unusual about your case, you may fare alright, but the second you present with anything even slightly unusual, don't expect anyone to pay attention--instead, expect to get lost in the system. After 4 failed IUI's at RMA and having to wait 2-3 weeks to schedule 7 am phone appointments with Dr. Scott (who seemed to know nothing about my individual case) I finally switched clinics and went to IVF-NJ. In no time, Dr. Jurema figured out what my problem was (a problem RMA-NJ / Dr. Scott completely overlooked) and got me pregnant at the age of 42 with my own eggs after my very first IVF attempt! I heard 2 heartbeats on Friday (yes, twins... ;). RMA-NJ was a waste of my time and money, but thank heavens I didn't miss the biological boat...

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

RMA, in general, needs to learn some bed-side manner (so to speak). They lack human compassion, and you truly are just a number. In a process such as this, it would be nice to have a doctor that showed some sincerity. Not to mention, they don't return calls, they don't follow-up, and if it wasn't for their location, I would have left a long time ago.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Scott got a very impressive resume and a large practice. What is lacking with this group is personal relationship considering you are going thru a very hard time. We got pregnant and had a miscarriage. After the last failed frozen transfer we never heard from them. I think bigger is not always better ...

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010