Ratings for Dr. James E. Ethington

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr Ethington is an excellent dermatologist, the only one I trust with my family's derm care.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I find this doctor to be knowledgeable, personable, competent, and kind. My visit to his office was a positive experience. I have already recommended him to a family member.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

I saw this doctor a number of years ago for what I believed was a rash I had gotten in a tanning booth. He spent more time berating me for going to a tanning booth and talking to me as if my intent was to sue the tanning company instead of giving me any positive treatment. I left the office on the verge of tears and would never recommed this doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Very nice doctor. Better then most Derm doctors out there. His staff was very nice and helpful. He was a little late, but made up for it with his visit. He found a cancer that I thought was just a pimple, my surgery went very well, and his staff help relax me.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

i agree with the previous comments! Dr. E is horrible! went to him for a small lesion and ended up with surgery and stiches!! he told me it was probably cancerous and got myself and my family all worked up, only to have the pathology come back normal! he doesnt know anything! i was trying to ask questions and tell him about what was going on and he just blew me off and walked out of the room!!! worst dr i have ever been to!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. Ethington did not closely examine me, did not listen to a word I said, came up with a crazy diagnosis that had he had no evidence for, and dismissed me. Absolutely the WORST visit I've ever had with a doctor. When I made the appointment, his staff assured me that he would work with me and that he would help me figure out what was causing my condition. IT WAS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. He was dismissive, condescending, and he absolutely refused to do anything to help me.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

This man needs to retire. I went to him with a lesion on my leg which I told him was injection site reaction from my MS injections of Betaseron. I KNEW what the problem was, and told him exactly what it was from. I just wanted to know if there was any sort of cream or topical product I could use to lessen the irritation. He chose to treat it like something more serious, and insisted on doing a biopsy with stitches in my thigh. The biopsy came back, and DUH...it was injection site reaction. I KNOW that! Since I had just lost my job, and couldn't afford it, my husband and I removed the stitches here at home instead of going back and being charged for nothing. Now instead of just the discoloration and lessened irritation (from not injecting there anymore), I have a nice fat scar from the unnecessary biopsy.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

I agree, Dr. Ethington is very absent minded and can be untactful. They are very slow to get insurance pre-auths and he doesn't listen well to patients.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

not very nice, very absent-minded. Three years ago I was diagnosed with very early melanoma and he and his stupid l.p.n. acted as if I was dying, and I was only 19 at the time. Then I spoke with my father who is a pathologist and he said that dr. ethington behaved innapropriately.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Dr. James E. Ethington's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Geha