Dr. Audrie Marie Bienenstock

Ratings for Dr. Audrie Marie Bienenstock

I saw Dr. Bienenstock for just over one year, though she never "saw" me for more than two minutes during the CBT sessions I was doing as an outpatient. She would enter the room mid CBT session, interrupt without apology, hastily write another prescription without listening, dismiss my (legitimate and highly informed) concerns about the debilitating side effects of meds and the lack of any improvement (over months and months and months). Consistently she'd increase dosages, rather than EVER speaking with me about alternatives. As an example, when I brought up my concerns about the lethargy and weight gain I'd rapidly experienced from an anti-psychotic, (30 pounds in 1 month + difficulty maintaining consciousness), she responded with: "So, you're not taking your medication because you think your waistline is the most important?!" I WAS taking the meds. That was one of many examples of how, despite my significant efforts and genuine adherence to "the treatment plan", she treated me as non-compliant, difficult and uninformed about my challenges, when this couldn't have been further from the truth. She told me once in a very patronizing way: Your brain is broken and it will be for the rest of your life. Given the horrific nature of acute mental health conditions, treatments and side effects, not to mention the dedication and patience required of fulfilling the commitments of therapy, this style of approach is vulgar, damaging and should not be tolerated by any consumer of the system. I found her to be rude, abrupt, incompetent and severely narrow-minded. I had to taper myself off my EXTREMELY high dosages of meds and have since had several doctors communicate their shock at how I "slipped through the cracks of the system and ended up on such an excessively high amount of medication". I would not recommend having anything to do with this outdated, arrogant, pill pusher. It took me years to recover from her "help" and I hope to spare anyone else this experience.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Talented, sympathetic, helpful, resourceful and with a great sense of humour.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2007

Had an arrogance about her. Didn't really seem to listen to my concerns and dismissed any suggestions on how to proceed with medication, despite difficulties with side effects are a clearly in the charts. A very much a, "take your pills and don't bother me with complaints," style.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

She treated me with disrespect and turned my daughter against me and when I complained to the CPSO she wiggled out of any problems. She even tried to make my son hate me.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Excellent psychiatrist and very knowledgeable. She was very helpful for me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007