Ratings for Dr. Karen Clements

Helped me manage after my divorce by providing some ongoing therapy. She was really helpful by providing me with a slot I could attend late on a Friday so I could pick up my kids at school. She helped me face some of the realities of my new situation and was really empathetic.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Helped my elderly mother with dementia to be able to return home from long-term care as she was suffering from delusions. Dr. C was the third psychiatrist to see her and the only one to realize that a medication interaction could be the cause of the delirium. Excellent knowledge and very helpful and empathetic with our situation.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Karen is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She takes the time to know her patient and insists on blood work, urine test and ECG before beginning treatment. Karen asked numerous questions and recorded 8 pages of facts. I have Bipolar 2 and it is assuring that Karen has my best interest and encourages my road to recovering. She is very well received and professional.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Run for your life. She is like the worst meanest teacher you've ever experienced. No empathy or compassion at all. It's scary that she has a medical license.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

worst experience ever!! Diagnosed my mother with "rapidly advancing Alzheimer's " on a single 15 min visit that she was late getting to. Turns out 5 months later after seeing a qualified geriatrician my mother had a concussion and anxiety. As a medical professional I urge families that read this to run to the qualified professionals and report this dr to the OMA! I would give zero as a rating but unfortunately it isn't an option

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

This doctor changed my mothers Arthritis pain medication 5 days before Christmas, and really screwed her up. What authority does a head doctor have over a Rheumatologist? As a result, my mother became bedridden. This doctor will NEVER get through the door again!! One of her questions to my mother who is in long term care was "are you afraid of being in a wide open field". What is that? There has been no meeting or consultation with family, say away from her. The rating of #17 out of 19 should be a hint, the other two must be retired.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

This doctor shouldnt be practicing she has no clue what she is doing, she rude doesnt listen pushes pills always late rushes patient out and pushes for going into hospital because she has no clue regarding anything. Bad doctor stay away.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

This doctor is excellent. Empathetic and encouraging, but also not willing to sugar coat the truth. Covers all her bases and documents well. Extensive certifications and great bedside manner with the elderly. Sometimes hard to get a hold of as she works in many places. Positive experience overall.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

I have seen Dr. Clements maybe half a dozen times - it would have been more but I was double booked with other patients twice and a third time she didn't show up at the prearranged (by her) location. Even when I did see her it was never on time. I told her what my mental health issue was - after a number of visits - she never actually told me what the diagnosis was. With her cooperation I was able to get into a CBT program - inspite of her negative remarks about a program that she knew nothing about. All in all, I would say that this doctor does not meet my needs. All I want is for someone to help me. Today, after listening to what she relayed to my family doctor, I can only say that this is a physician with no empathy, compassion, or understanding of other people. I'm sure she did well in school, but marks never reflect how talented you are at your profession. STAY AWAY - don't waste your time getting worse!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012