Ratings for Dr. Arnold Smith

First time I went to Dr. Smith was when I was around 8 years old. The last time I went to Dr. Smith was just after I turned 49. In between there was little need to see him, but when I did I always felt better.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr. Smith has been my doctor for 35 years. There are challenges with a doctor on his own in an office, and you have to take something to read to appointments. But if you need him, Donna will fit you in. He is warm and friendly and knowledgeable and trustworthy, and he can get you in for testing or to the best specialists in the city quickly. He and Donna know how to pay attention to their sickest patients, and what more can you ask for?

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I really appreciate that dr. Smith is my doctor. He is very polite and always give me as much time as I need (he doesn’t rush any patients, that’s why the punctuality in his office is a little bit off), he answers all my questions and I feel I’m in good, knowledable hands. His receptionist is also a kind and reliable person.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I don't understand the negative comments. It seems they are about a totally different doctor. Yes I have definbitely experienced wait times, and yes Donna is sometimes pre occupied, but everyone I know personally who sees Dr Smith thinks he is awesome

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr Smith fir a long time now. He is an excellent doctor however extremely busy therefore wait tines can range anywhere from 1 -2 hours regardless of appointment time. The receptionist Donna can be very moody and one never knows what to expect when visiting the office. She can be very rude and volatile both in person and on the phone. At times she does not return calls at all leaving one hanging or seeking help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Smith has been my GP for 24 years. While he is a good doctor he does not listen to the patients concerns or thoughts nor their requests. It seems he's lost his personable touch over the years. No matter the time your appointment is scheduled for you WILL wait at least 2 hours. Donna the receptionist is absolutely terrible, not once have a witnessed her being helpful nor kind, as a receptionist my self I understand the workload and stress but that is no excuse for her to speak to the patients as she does. She is rude. She is the reason I dread going to see my GP and the reason I'm looking for a new one.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Smth is a good doctor with an impossible number of patients( he took over his late partner's patients as well as his own). Donna does her best but is swamped by the workload. I don't understand how the practice is managed, but waits of an hour or more are common. More worryingly, the doctor has also had his own health issues which seem to have caused him to destress himself by withdrawing from trying to develop the best plan for patient treatment: he seems to want the patient to make choices he should suggest. Despite having been with the doctor for many years, I would move to a new GP, but the state of the Ontario system is such that doctors taking new patients are almost impossible to find in the city, so I'm stuck. To maintain a minumum better service, I can only suggest that the doctor hires a nurse practitioner to handle routine visits and prescription renewals, and keep the office open during extended vacations. Donna should get at least part time office help as well.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

dr.smith has been our doctor for many years and has been very accurate with his diagnoses. recently he has lapsed and does not heed the patients concerns or relies on their judgements and feelings. donna the receptionist should have less to say and keep her personal upsets to herself.she should be more and understandinng and not comment her opinion so much. it is not needed. she is also rude and argumentative when the patient is explaining their needs.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr. Smith is a very kind, patient individual and you do not feel rushed when you see him. However, he is always late and it can be frustrating. Donna is volatile - I have seen her be extremely caring but also have seen her be quite rude. I would recommend Dr. Smith without hesitation but would do so with the caution of being prepared to wait (often and for long periods).

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I have had Dr. Smith as my family doctor for over 20 years. He is simply the best. He is not egotistical and does not hesitate to refer patients to the top specialists. Yes, you may have to wait. But, on those days when you absolutely have to see him and Donna fits you in, others have to wait. Please don't retire D. Smith!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012