Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen

Waiting times for Dr VA are AWFUL. I've waited over an hour for him. When you talk to him he doesn't even look like he's paying attention--looks like he's falling asleep. When I saw him, he worked within the same system as the ATRC (or maybe he worked in the ATRC? IDK he was in the same office) but he never once referred me to any behavioural programs--just kept trying to give me more pills. awful awful awful.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

This doctor is a disaster. Consistently late and self-absorbed.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Although you might have to wait a little while for your apt. (as he's often so busy) Dr. Van Ameringen is a great doctor-he never makes you feel rushed; even when you know he's Extremely busy. He's serious; but also has a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr Van Amerigen may possibly be the most patient individual I have ever met. I know if roles would be reversed I would have lost any tolerance required to continue to try to help. When you meet this man he goes above and beyond the Dr Role. HE actually tries to help you out with real life stuff that may make your recovery easier and faster. People who say he is late, yes, Your appt will almost surely NOT start on time. There are many reasons for this - one is that he is one of the most successful/popular doctors in this field anywhere. I was at one appt with him and he had just flow back from a speach he had to give at a medical conference in KOREA. His asst told me this - when he came in it was no lie the poor guy could barely keep his eyes open but, again, he has unbelievable fortitude. Though obviously tired he didnt miss anything In our discussions. At the end of appt he professionaly layed out what I needed to continue to do (meds or no meds) to reach optimal recovery.Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Van Ameringen is more than just a psychiatrist that prescribes meds. He actually listens, is compassionate and approachable, and very knowledgeable not only in his area of expertise, but in others as well. Without him, his thorough assessments, and combination of meds and many talks, I would not be here today.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Dr. Van Ameringen is never on time but when you are with him he gives you all the time you could possibly need. This doctor turned my life around when I was ready to give up. I do not know where I would be without him. He is kind but tough. He is the very best there is.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

This man prescribes medication known to increase suicidal ideation in teens...and have his assistant allude to non existent studies. The man is a menace and should be charged with professional misconduct.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

This doctor is very kind, patient and dedicated. He is very professional and at first I felt that his manner lacked warmth but I soon learned that he is very compassionate and caring. His interest in helping me was sincere and he persisted with treatments long after I wanted to give up in despair and desperation. He has seen me through horrible, low times in my life and been very encouraging to me year after year. Living with mental illness is a burden but having an excellent doctor has helped me every step of the way.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

I love Dr. VanAmerigan. He helped me when times were really tough. He is usually late though which I don't mind because if I need the time, he never shuffles me out. I did forget a few appointments in a long timespan and I got charged $75. It kinda made me mad, especially since I wait at least 1/2 hr every time i go there for years now. But policy is policy and he is still a great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Waiting times for Dr VA are AWFUL. I've waited over an hour for him. When you talk to him he doesn't even look like he's paying attention--looks like he's falli..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is a disaster. Consistently late and self-absorbed."

February 16, 2015