Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen

Ratings for Dr. Michael Anton Van Ameringen

My daughter and sister have been with Dr. VanAmerigan for well over two years now and he has been extremely helpful! He really listens and tries to work with you through different stages! He explains things very well and thoroughly! He's a great Dr!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr. Van Ameringen is an AMAZING doctor. He does sometimes look bored during appointments but he is listening and cares about everything you are saying - I think that's just how he looks. He must be very tired with how busy he is. His staff, on the other hand, made me almost drop him as a doctor. She let me run out of my medication TWICE, go through withdrawls, and never seemed concerned. I am no longer taking the medication and have severe depression symptoms right now because the doctor wrote the prescription for her literally a month ago and she has still not sent it to my pharmacy.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Waiting times for Dr VA are AWFUL. I've waited over an hour for him. When you talk to him he doesn't even look like he's paying attention--looks like he's falling asleep. When I saw him, he worked within the same system as the ATRC (or maybe he worked in the ATRC? IDK he was in the same office) but he never once referred me to any behavioural programs--just kept trying to give me more pills. awful awful awful.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

This doctor is a disaster. Consistently late and self-absorbed.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Although you might have to wait a little while for your apt. (as he's often so busy) Dr. Van Ameringen is a great doctor-he never makes you feel rushed; even when you know he's Extremely busy. He's serious; but also has a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr Van Amerigen may possibly be the most patient individual I have ever met. I know if roles would be reversed I would have lost any tolerance required to continue to try to help. When you meet this man he goes above and beyond the Dr Role. HE actually tries to help you out with real life stuff that may make your recovery easier and faster. People who say he is late, yes, Your appt will almost surely NOT start on time. There are many reasons for this - one is that he is one of the most successful/popular doctors in this field anywhere. I was at one appt with him and he had just flow back from a speach he had to give at a medical conference in KOREA. His asst told me this - when he came in it was no lie the poor guy could barely keep his eyes open but, again, he has unbelievable fortitude. Though obviously tired he didnt miss anything In our discussions. At the end of appt he professionaly layed out what I needed to continue to do (meds or no meds) to reach optimal recovery.Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Van Ameringen is more than just a psychiatrist that prescribes meds. He actually listens, is compassionate and approachable, and very knowledgeable not only in his area of expertise, but in others as well. Without him, his thorough assessments, and combination of meds and many talks, I would not be here today.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Dr. Van Ameringen is never on time but when you are with him he gives you all the time you could possibly need. This doctor turned my life around when I was ready to give up. I do not know where I would be without him. He is kind but tough. He is the very best there is.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

This man prescribes medication known to increase suicidal ideation in teens...and have his assistant allude to non existent studies. The man is a menace and should be charged with professional misconduct.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011