Ratings for Dr. Richard Bochinski

Excellent care and expertise. Our son had bunion surgery and toe realignment surgery in Vermilion. The entire experience was warm, professional and was 100 times better than his previous bunion surgery with a different doctor two year ago.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

It has been about 12 weeks since my fusion surgery and I can say without hesitation that this was a worthwhile experience. Had my surgery in Camrose which is a fantastic little hospital and got top notch service. Thank-you Dr. Bochinski for your most amazing work. I will forever hold you in high regard.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I recently had bunion surgery on my right foot at the wainwright hospital. Dr.Bochinski is an excellent podiatrist and surgeon. He is very knowledgable and caring. I am 2 weeks post op and I am healing really well. He took the time to explain the procedure to me, you just have to ask. After surgery he called me everyday for the next 3 days to make sure I was doing well and I was not experiencing to much pain. I am starting to move my toes and I am putting weight on my heel. I am excited to get my left foot done with dr. Bochinski . Best surgeon out there !

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

I had a 5 min exam with Dr. Bochinski it was this fast: you have a taylors bunion with bursitis, 12 to 16 month wait, I don't operate in Edmonton, you pay for the $120.00 bolt. When I asked what should I do about the pain....... he said with un concern" buy wider shoes" and left the room. Indeed I had to phone back to the clinic to ask what was my foot problem again? I would rather walk on broken glass that ever see Dr. Bouchinski again. By the way they never called back for a booking appointment.

Submitted December 6, 2016

I am currently 3 days post-op for my left bunion surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Bochinski and the hospital he works out of in Vermillion where my surgery was performed. Although bunion surgeries are known to be painful, I have had the best experience with it above any other surgery I have had for various other reasons. Simply because of his knowledge, skill, experience, helpfulness, and the great nurses at Vermillion hospital. 10/10 worth waiting to deal with!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I only had a perfect and positive experience with Dr. Richard Bochinski and his staff as well as my surgery in Vermillion for my metatarsal foot correction due to an infraction (Karate side-effect). Everyone is really nice and Dr. Bochinski, although busy, he did spend time to explain to me the procedure. I know he did not "invest" his precious time in reassuring me or going more in the psychology of making me feel better, he was always helpful and ready to explain everything related to the surgery. I do not think surgeons are psychologists and have to read our mind if we are worried about something. If you do not ask you do not get help. During my first visit (consultation) I remember telling him I did not know how good as a surgeon he is so I was not able to decide if I would choose his as my surgeon. He did not just start talking about himself how famous and successful he is but he told me a story about a very famous surgeon who got lost during a surgery assisted by Dr. Bochinski. I really think Dr. Bochinski is passionate about his job, he sees outside the box, he is neither egocentric nor snob , is really thorough in his work and extremely competent. He probably will not become your best buddy but you don't need him to be your BFF. A week after my surgery I was positively surprised when I went to change my foot dressing and he was so pleased to see my foot healing really well. I was expecting him to be mad at me cause I have not been a good patient: he just half smiled and said human beings have the tendency to do more when they feel better. He further said we have to listen to our body and relax and rest when we need to do so. Few words maybe but full of wisdom. As for Vermillion it was amazing. I went with my husband and was really nice. The hospital is amazing and everyone made me feel at "home". I was surrounded by knowledgeable and smiling people. I had the impression everyone was like family. I am so happy my GP suggested Dr. Richard Bochinski for my foot surgery. I am really 100% satisfied!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Had a great experience with Dr.Boshinski. He has very professional team and he is a great surgeon. My results are beyond what I expected with both surgeries he has performed on me. I have recommended him to many other people. Was able to have my surgery in a hospital also. With over 20 years experience I trust him greatly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

To being with when I seen him 12 months ago first they lost the file. It was put into inactive instead of active. When I call his nurse was rude, sarcastic, and lowered my self esteem. So did had my family doc do a another referral. So I have the appt today he tells me if my bunions don't hurt ( maybe he should walk on them all the time) instead I have a hammertoe that he would like to take off so I lose a toe instead of repair. You bet I'm upset..After all of that.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Had bunion surgery on one foot in march at vermilion hospital the staff there were great and everything went well ... Dr boshinski did a great job .. When i returned home that evening, he called to ask how i was and the following days his office and vermilion hospital staff called to do a follow up with me ...very kind and caring and knowledgable . Still in process of healing but everything looks great would defintley reccomend him . 😀

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Naturally I felt a little scared about having surgery to fix bad bunions on my feet. One of them was just terrible and it needed a quite involved procedure to re-align the bones and fuse a joint. I had one foot done and then about a year later had the other. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and I can't say enough about how happy I am to have beautiful feet with no bumps a and straight toes. Dr. Bochinski is busy and fast but I still found him to be quite thorough. His professionalism and experience put my anxiety at ease. Being at that small hospital in Vermilion was also very positive and certainly made up for the drive out there. Fantastic surgeon !,,

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015