Ratings for Dr. Richard Bochinski

After waiting five months to see Dr Bochinski I have never been so disappointed in a Dr as I have with this man! He was rude, condescending, impatient and very vague in his treatment plan for my feet! He barely touched my feet with two fingers! I thought I would have more of an exam than that! I went to him for help and I walked out of that place in tears! I've never met a more arrogant person than this fellow! Terrible rapport absolutely no compassion! I also would rather walk on glass than be treated by this man! Looking elsewhere for someone who truly loves their job and their patients! When you are going to a physician for help you expect to be treated with compassion and dignity! This doctor lacks these virtues!

Submitted October 10, 2017

Throughout my family history I have seen numerous medical specialists and have never felt more rushed or condenscended to. I am very aware that their time is precious but I swear to God, I saw him for 3 minutes. He was frustrated when arriving and didn't explain the causes of my pain and basically said "oh well, live with it". Ironically I had heard nothing but glowing reviews about him; that was definitely not my experience. I was extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

After a 6mo wait, I was given an appt in Vermilion that was the same time the Dr started a surgery. The 'consult'was not much better than a hallway visit as it was jammed between the next surgery. My options were not explained. It was surgery or nothing (I've since learned from a different Podiatrist, there were a number of options available to try without surgery i.e. cortisone shot). When asked about recovery and wait time I was told to talk to some person by a first name and rushed out of the room so he could get to next surgery. Our cattle going thru the chute get better individual attention! The person I was told to talk to was a 'receptionist' who wore no name tag or name plate on desk. She spoke as if I should be profusely grateful for whatever op time I would be given (approximately a year wait)as it seemed incomprehensible that anyone else could possibly have any other responsibilities or demands on their life. When a Dr is in that much of a rush, that sketchy on any available options and explanations of procedure, I say "no thank-you" to digging in and scraping on my bones. No doctor, in that type of rushed enviroment, (no matter how good he may have been) is going to be attentitive and competent enough to give high quality health care.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Excellent care and expertise. Our son had bunion surgery and toe realignment surgery in Vermilion. The entire experience was warm, professional and was 100 times better than his previous bunion surgery with a different doctor two year ago.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

It has been about 12 weeks since my fusion surgery and I can say without hesitation that this was a worthwhile experience. Had my surgery in Camrose which is a fantastic little hospital and got top notch service. Thank-you Dr. Bochinski for your most amazing work. I will forever hold you in high regard.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I recently had bunion surgery on my right foot at the wainwright hospital. Dr.Bochinski is an excellent podiatrist and surgeon. He is very knowledgable and caring. I am 2 weeks post op and I am healing really well. He took the time to explain the procedure to me, you just have to ask. After surgery he called me everyday for the next 3 days to make sure I was doing well and I was not experiencing to much pain. I am starting to move my toes and I am putting weight on my heel. I am excited to get my left foot done with dr. Bochinski . Best surgeon out there !

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

I had a 5 min exam with Dr. Bochinski it was this fast: you have a taylors bunion with bursitis, 12 to 16 month wait, I don't operate in Edmonton, you pay for the $120.00 bolt. When I asked what should I do about the pain....... he said with un concern" buy wider shoes" and left the room. Indeed I had to phone back to the clinic to ask what was my foot problem again? I would rather walk on broken glass that ever see Dr. Bouchinski again. By the way they never called back for a booking appointment.

Submitted December 6, 2016

I am currently 3 days post-op for my left bunion surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Bochinski and the hospital he works out of in Vermillion where my surgery was performed. Although bunion surgeries are known to be painful, I have had the best experience with it above any other surgery I have had for various other reasons. Simply because of his knowledge, skill, experience, helpfulness, and the great nurses at Vermillion hospital. 10/10 worth waiting to deal with!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I only had a perfect and positive experience with Dr. Richard Bochinski and his staff as well as my surgery in Vermillion for my metatarsal foot correction due to an infraction (Karate side-effect). Everyone is really nice and Dr. Bochinski, although busy, he did spend time to explain to me the procedure. I know he did not "invest" his precious time in reassuring me or going more in the psychology of making me feel better, he was always helpful and ready to explain everything related to the surgery. I do not think surgeons are psychologists and have to read our mind if we are worried about something. If you do not ask you do not get help. During my first visit (consultation) I remember telling him I did not know how good as a surgeon he is so I was not able to decide if I would choose his as my surgeon. He did not just start talking about himself how famous and successful he is but he told me a story about a very famous surgeon who got lost during a surgery assisted by Dr. Bochinski. I really think Dr. Bochinski is passionate about his job, he sees outside the box, he is neither egocentric nor snob , is really thorough in his work and extremely competent. He probably will not become your best buddy but you don't need him to be your BFF. A week after my surgery I was positively surprised when I went to change my foot dressing and he was so pleased to see my foot healing really well. I was expecting him to be mad at me cause I have not been a good patient: he just half smiled and said human beings have the tendency to do more when they feel better. He further said we have to listen to our body and relax and rest when we need to do so. Few words maybe but full of wisdom. As for Vermillion it was amazing. I went with my husband and was really nice. The hospital is amazing and everyone made me feel at "home". I was surrounded by knowledgeable and smiling people. I had the impression everyone was like family. I am so happy my GP suggested Dr. Richard Bochinski for my foot surgery. I am really 100% satisfied!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Had a great experience with Dr.Boshinski. He has very professional team and he is a great surgeon. My results are beyond what I expected with both surgeries he has performed on me. I have recommended him to many other people. Was able to have my surgery in a hospital also. With over 20 years experience I trust him greatly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015