Ratings for Dr. James Head

Jim, You have been my Dr. since 1980. You hang in there. You ARE a good Dr. and a decent human being. I hope all is well with you. We may not always see eye to eye on my medical issues & treatment but I don't think you have ever steered me wrong. No one is perfect and people must realize you cannot expect anyone to be. If you don't like what you are getting from your Dr. -leave and make room for someone who wants in. See you soon.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr Head has been our doctor for over 30 years. He has certainly had his own issues to deal which can be inconvenient at times. But people need to realize that he is a person too and being a doctor is a job...a HUGE one that likely consumes his life. He has done nothing but provide great care for all of us.. through chronic ear and throat infections, 2 pregnancies not to mention everyday life.... We find him to be an excellent doctor....but likely over- worked...

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

My husband had Dr Head for his whole life and after we were married I went to him too and later on our two children. He has been excellent and will extend his day to take my family in on short notice. A while ago he had some issues going on and took some time off. That was inconvienient but it would have been unprofessional to continue while dealing with these issues. He came back refreshed and more personable. I think that people need to remember that he is a person and things come up. People should understand that, otherwise you wouldnt need a doctor. When you hear something good you tell two people, when you hear something bad you tell two hundred people. I have heard one sad story about someone in his care and it is unfortunate. If anything I think he has learned from this and is now more "over reactive" to the care for children. IF i dont agree i have no problem telling him and researching for myself. NO one can know everything.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Dr. Head has been our family doc for over 30 years..He has been with us throught every family crisis , he is human and I beleive thats what makes him so good...he has even apoligizes when he makes errors..he has made house calls and even called my daughter who lives out of town to follow up on an allergy she had been to see him about, no one is perfect..i hope he sticks around for a long time

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

I would not change Dr; for anything in this world,,,I fine Jim is just as good as he can be,,,No one is perfect,,and he has done good by me and my family, He even seen my son for a mouth injury well after my son had moved away. What more can a person ask for.He is alway their when needed and he stand by his patents

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Jim Head had been our Dr. for over 20 years & was generally satisfactory. However in February 2005 he & his receptionist (his wife) refused to see my Granddaughter(age 21 months)claiming she was not an urgent enough case. She was not seen for almost 2 weeks &he totally misdiagnosed her, stating it was likely bursitis & not to bring her back for a few weeks. Bursitis is very painful & she exhibited no pain at all,only a very horible lump on her arm that had grown & changed dramatically in just those 2 weeks. I consider this Dr.? to have been completely negligent in his examination & refusal see her or refer her to a specialist. My daughter asked all the appropriate questions & previously had her examined by various other Drs. who clearly stated it was a medical issue. Our new Dr.sent us to a specialist who immediately referred us to an Oncologist. She suffered through 14 months of chemo & radiation, but sadly died in July 2006. I believe Head's negligence cost our precious baby's life.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

when dr. head quit his practice he told no one and I had to find a new dr.now it seems he is still in practice again did not ll his old patience I have not had comunication with him for over a year--- and I am dibetic

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Head has personal or professional issues over a year ago and practically closed his practice. For months his receptionist was saying that he will not be taking appointment for a few month. Those few months turned into more months. My husband and I were left without a doctor. My husband is a diabetic. We were left stranded and abandoned. I personally was his 8th patient when he came to town in the early 80"s. I have a friend who is much younger than I and she seemed to gotten appointments with him with no problem. But my husband and I being 72 and 56 had to doors shut in our face. My husband went to office one day with a hearing aid referral and he answered to door just enough to say hello and wide enough to slip the paper through the crack in the door. It took weeks for approval. I am not sorry for reporting his behaviour.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr.Head is a top notch physician! He has impeccable bedside manner, takes the time to actually listen to concerns, is thorough and shows compassion when needed. I find he uses good judgement and I have never had any problems with him. He is a down to earth man that relates to everbody and their situations. Recently my family lost a member and Dr. Head has been very thorough in following up with all of the family to check for any new medical history. Despite any negative words directed towards him in regards to his recent leave of absence I would suggest that we remember he is only human and we all require some time off and just because he is a doctor his private life isn't required to be everyones business. I agree it is an inconvenience to not have access to a family doctor but he is back at work as I have recently visited him at the office and he is still the one of the best doctors I have ever had contact with in my 40 years.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

Like to know his where abouts.Have no Dr. now - no one seems to know where he is or when i can see " my " Dr. Will his Office ever be open again ?

flag | Submitted October 5, 2008