Ratings for Dr. John Harlock

If you wish to receive proper medical care do not go this so called Specialist. I had polyp surgery and even though he botched the job, I had to go back and have it done again in March this year by another specialist and Dr Paul Yuen fixed my problem that Harlock should have done in the first place. I was also out of pocket another $500.00. He asks that you pay for your surgery two weeks before you even have it done. Never have I ever had to do this with any specialist. Stay away from him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

I found Dr John Harlock to be very thorough with his investigations.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

I hate this doctor. I am 8 years post rhinoplasty and i've had three operations since him. he destroyed my nose and it will never be okay. stay away from this horrid surgeon. he should be struck off the board.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I had been referred to an ENT specialist previously and was told there was nothing he could do for me. I had another referral for Dr Harlock who from the moment I met him worked with me to look at options from steroid tablets and sprays to a last resort - an operation. Dr Harlock is very professional and efficient and understanding and caring. I have complete faith in him and would definitely recommend him for people having sinus issues. He was able to engage with me and work through the problems from a deviated septum and breathing issues. He is very knowledgeable .

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

For over 30 years I had problems with my noise, blocked all the time, I had two surgery with no good result until Dr Harlock operate on my noise. Finally my noise starts working and I can breathe easily. Definitely recommend him for noise surgery.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Had two surgeries with Dr Harlock after already having one sinus surgery with another doctor. I had surgery with him for sinus issues and rhinoplasty back in 2007/2008. The first surgery didn't open up my airways enough and I still had a large but now lopsided bump on my nose. So I went in for my second surgery with him. Unfortunately my sinus issues had still not improved and this lopsided bump on my nose remained. I spoke to him about both issues and he said there was nothing he could do about it and sometimes 'bony growths' appear. Also that my nose would keep changing for a few years. I am definitely not happy with my results and how Dr Harlock didn't want to admit to the flaws in either operation and brushed off my concerns. His bedside manner was very abrupt and he didn't seem to care about how the surgeries went, especially by the second one. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Well, this may seem a little out of date, but if it helps someone, then it's worth it. I can only relate what happened to me. Mid 2008, I had a sinus operation to 'open up' my airway in one nostril and to basically 'straighten' out an issue with my sinuses. Following my operation, and a horrific bleed that saw me spend a night in an emergency department, I then slowly healed with a wonderfully enhanced sense of smell. Over time, this decreased until I developed complete anosmia and lost sense of taste. The absolute horror of my ordeal, kept me from following up, lest I be told that I needed another operation. It has now been almost 9 years since my sinus operation and I have been living (if you can call it that) with no sense of smell and no sense of taste. My world has become bland and if I'd been told that this may happen, I would never have gone under the knife. Please consider all your options AND your surgeons carefully.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I had septoplasty, alar batten grafts put in as l was having problems with right nostril, but no issues with left side, but he was insistent thst my left side was the worst so l went with it, that was 2 + yrs ago l still have nerve damage on my left side a can constantly feel like l have foreign objects in my nose, l constantly need a tissue, my nose feels horrible, when l went for my 2 follow up apointments l travelled 1600km to attend only to be quickly dismissed the moment l started to say l was having problems and he opened the door to say the appointment was over, and that he had never had any other complaints, l have persevered for 2 yrs now hoping but have decided l need to go to another doctor and ask for them to be removed l just want a nose that dosent constantly irratate, Dont go to this doctor he has no interest in any aftercare

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I went to him for sinus issues and I had rhinoplastyback in 2011. lol I can say is he He has wrecked my nose. Took too much cartilage its changed my face completely. I struggle to breathe. I have grisel growing on 1 side (not sure what it's called) I have to have revision surgery. Need to use a piece of my rib and 15grand later... don't go to him!! He will wreck your nose

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Harlock performed sinus surgery on me and I have had no problems since. Was very happy with all my appointments I attended and very happy with the overall surgery. Have not had 1 sinus infection since my surgery 16 months ago. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017