Ratings for Dr. James C. McIntosh

Absolutely negligent. If you see this doctor or any other associated with this group, BEWARE. From the Office Manager down to the surgeon, in this case, Dr. MacIntosh, it is a wonder the practice still stands. Our confidence in this MD was eroded after several problems with poor communication and lack of continuity of care between Dr. and Physical Therapy. He failed to inform us of a very serious diagnostic finding in an MRI that we fought to obtain, he dismissed it as a 'normal' condition associated with his age (55)- this is not the case, after 6 months of neglect by this MD, the condition has deteriorated. The deterioration was enhanced by grinding away in PT by therapists who did NOT have MRI findings. This doctor FAILED us and now we are suffering the aftermath. BEWARE. Stay on top of your care. Do your homework.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr was rude and always condescending. Grabbed my injured hand and wrist and twisted it. Totally disregarded my concerns about specific pain and swelling. Unconcerned about a diagnosis and/or treatment beyond getting me scheduled for another appointment.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

VERY RUDE DR.COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HIS PATIENTS.SEEMS LIKE HE JUST WANTS TO MAKE THE BIG BUCKS.WE NEED MORE CARING ORTHO DRS IN THIS AREA.AND HIS STAFF......RUDE!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. McIntosh has done a total of three surgeries for me. The outcome of the first was as expected. The outcome of the other two was not acceptable. The worst part of the situation was Dr. McIntosh's attitude. He was very uncaring and came across as if he was brushing me off. After a disastrous experience with him, I found care out of town and had to undergo two more surgeries to correct the problems. I'm still dealing with the aftermath in the form of extensive neurological damage in the areas where Dr. McIntosh did surgeries. Additionally, Dr. McIntosh has a less than comforting bedside manner. He also has never appeared to be concerned with the outcome of my situation. He referred me to another physician for treatment of infection after the third surgery he did. After the referral he did not ask that I be returned to his care, nor did he ever inquire about my progress. I would never recommend nor seek his care for myself again.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. James C. McIntosh's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan