Ratings for Dr. John T. Larossa

The admin Arlene is terrific and is as helpful as she can be working within practice norms - the PA Gretchen is rude, condescending, and gets way out of line. You will never get a call back from the doc, and at best get a brief call from Arlene after she has conveyed your message to him with little or no insight or information. From a diagnostic standpoint, the doc is ok - but he is a referral machine. Anything wrong, go to this one, that one, etc. No coordination done on your behalf if an issue has any complexity. You're on your own to manage your case. And, many of the referrals he provided turned out to be old school NWH colleagues - who I found out once I left them for other specialists I tracked down were by far not the best in breed. So, while the doc is likeable, tends to be relatively on time, etc., I'm not able to provide a favorable review of this practice.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Literally the worst doctor I ever had. Clueless idiot. You don't judge doctor by his manners or "courteous staff". You judge doctor by his skills and how he can help you. If I followed his advice I would be disabled for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Rushed. Doesn't return calls ever. I have a very serious condition and he treats it like no big deal. We haven't solved it or made me feel better and it's in the endocrinologist field. Looking at mass general. Never trust this doc advacate for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Asked if my results would be in gateway. Dr Larossa said yes. Surprise... not in gateway. He scans his results into the partners notes section. They do not send out letters when they say they will. Dr LaRossa does not return phone calls when his staff says he will. And this is a practice!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I am stunned by these comments....I love Dr. Larossa and his staff.I have been seeing him for more than five years, he's thorough, doesn't rush you, explains everything,doesn't prescribe meds if you don't need them. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a kind, thorough and caring Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

6/21/13 - I think Dr, LaRossa & staff is just waiting to retire. They should do us all a favor and close the office. It took 3 weeks to get results from tests. Then I had to call and got a note at the bottom of the results. Staff is beyond extremely rude and I've complained before but they don't care. None of them care. My labs are all off & no follow-up recomended. They practically hang up on you when you call. Dr. LaRossa is a nice man but I do not think his heart is in his practice any longer. I do not know why he puts up with staff like that.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

The most unprofessional staff i spoke to till date. Looks like his office is run by his wife and she is most indifferent and rudest person i have ever come across. First of all, she doesnt seem to know HIPAA and health care rules and then questions others intellecuatl abilities passing all racial comments on others for her fault. I would never ever recommend this doctor to anyone. I would sincerely suggest Larossa to find another efficient person who has all the knowledge in the health care and is also very nice to patients who would like to visit him. otherwise, he is gonna have a tough time.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

extremely unhappy with him. his office staff is rude and although the dr is fine in person he is competey nrespinsive. have to call and chase for any kind of lab results. I had bloodwork done for an adrenal gland issue in sept and it is now the end of November and I have had no follow up from his office a to my results despite several phone calls by me. cannot wait to leave his practice, after 15 years as a patient.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Terrible Dr. - Had annual exam and was told I did not need to fast for Cholestorol Test - DAHH! Had to beg for my results for 2 months and Cholestorol level was high. Staff Very very very rude. I'm currently in the process of transferring to another Dr.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011