Ratings for Dr. Joanne N. Salvemini

I didn't get a chance to see her, because her front desk is terrible. They told me they take my insurance when I made an appointment, but when I got there, I found out they don't. It was very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Salvemini is great. She's extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She takes time to explain procedures. I trust her judgement and am glad to recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I had the pleasure of seeing Dr Salvemini. One of the best thorough skin evaluation ever . She ran late seeing me but I was not dissapointed. I had biopsies done and was explained in detail the care and when to return. I have seen different dermatologist and I can say the quality of her care is what I was looking for and received it! Her bedside manner may not be all that great but I need a doctor not another friend.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

WORST bedside manner!!! Condescending, arrogant, abrupt, INCONSIDERATE!!! Horrible people skills!!! Does NOT answer questions. STAY AWAY!!!! A tanning bed is better for your health than speaking with Dr. Joann Salvemini. WORST DR EVER!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

This woman is unbelievably rude!!!! She came in did the exam spoke at us and would not answer our questions or converse with us. After the exam when I attempted ask a couple of brief questions. She looked at her watch, told me she had another patient to see and walked out of the room. My daughter and I were shocked!!! Stay away from this woman!!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Salvemini who I have known since 1995 when we started working together. Not only is she a great boss but Dr. Salvemini is one of the very few Drs. These days who cares about you and your concernes. She takes her time with you and explains everything to you including procedures,care and treatments. I not only had the great pleasure of working with her but I, along with many of my family members, including my children are patients of hers and will continue to do so as long as she practices dermatology!!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr. Salvemini is an excellent Doctor. She is the kind of doctor who if she is late (and she usually is not) apologizes - which is a rare thing. She is through and extremely down to earth. When lab tests are done, she personally calls you with the results. I just found out she left the So Nassau Practice, and I'm thinking I might have to follow her to her new office, that is how good she is

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I ve been using Dr. Salvemni for over 8 years. She provides you with a thorough examination, looking over every inch of our body wih a magnifying glass. Is she punctual...no, but it is due to her taking the time with her patients to ensure that they received excellent healthcare. She has a gentle hand and is concerned about any discomfort you might feel. While she has moved to a new practice I intend to follow her.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Salvemini several times, been her patient and my family members have been her patient. She has always been a pleasure to work with and very down to earth. She treats you like a human being and never makes you feel low about yourself . She is a very dedicated, loving and caring person and MD.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I don't understand why the few people who have given Dr. Salvemini such poor reviews did as such. I have been a patient of Dr. Salvemini's for several years and I have nothing but accolades for her! She is very thorough and patient, and she has always taken the time to explain whatever I needed her to. I find her to have a very pleasant personality... and I would never think of switching to a different dermatologist; never! As a matter of fact, I just found out that she is joining a new dermatology office in Bayshore, NY... and although I live in Queens, rest assured I will be following her to her new office! It's a bit of a schlep, but she's worth it! Thank you, Dr. Salvemini, for all you give back to your profession! Sincerely, Terri Levy

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Joanne N. Salvemini's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1991)

Amerigroup