Ratings for Dr. CHARLES B. Goodwin

I guess I should of continued to do more research on this Doctor before scheduling an appointment with him. I read other reviews on another site stating that he was a great doctor and helped his patients. However, I personally think that he should retire. One of Doctor Goodwin's assistant told me that he reviews all cases before taking them on to see if it's worth having a consultation. They called me back after reviewing all my medical records and made an appointment for me to come see him about a herniated disc that I'm suffering from. I traveled a total of 4 hours to and from his facility which was the biggest disappointment and waste of my time. I was told by 3 doctors prior to seeing him that I needed surgery. I came to him to see if there was any other option or if I really did need surgery. He pretty much laughed at my pain and said it was all mental, that there is nothing wrong with me, to try some physical therapy and that my accident did not occur on how It happened. He only cared about was me going back to work dismissing the fact that I'm suffering. No bedside manner at all. He does not have a good judge of character and is really in it for the money. What happen to the doctors who made an oath by becoming a doctor and who wants to help people in pain not just doing it because it's a job? I had different procedures done from epidural shots that didn't help to physical therapy that made me feel worse leaving than helping. I'm a mother of two beautiful children and had her career going for her until I got injured. My whole world has changed and I need to get back to the person I was. I will continue to find a good doctor who actually wants to help patients in need.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

My surgery still leaves me in constant discomfort. I understand the operation is not %100 successful, and I'm still better than before the operation. Post op, when I tell him what is hurting, he dismisses my complaints and offers no help. Not sure if it's ego or fear of lawsuit, but his post OP manners are far different from his pre-op appointment. Night and day. From BFF to one word answers, and don't waste my time. Wham, bam, thank you mam...... you got you OP...... don't let me see you again

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr Charles B. Goodwin made my surgery and recovery great and easy

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Initially, all seemed fine - I went for back surgery and the first couple of days after surgery were tolerable. Then I went back for a follow up - still in agony and he tells me to take TYLENOL!!! I was shocked and felt like he had my money & no longer cared how much pain I was in. It was a very disappointing experience - after surgery he just says .... "Well if it still hurts, go to pain management!!!" Unbelievable !!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I think he is a great doctor. He has done multiple surgical repairs for me and all were very successful.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr Goodwin did a cervical fusion all wrong on me. I am now disabled with two children. He is arrogant and only wants money from your insurance. I hope he suffers 100 times more than me. He has taken my life away and I am young.

Submitted August 30, 2014

I think he is a wonderful surgeon. He steered us in the right direction and people are work with and people I associate with agree. They also agree he has no bed side manners but said they have faith in his decisions and abiity to operate.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Like other reviews full of self. Not interested in options. Wanted to perform the radical procedure

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Goodwin is an amazing, awesome doctor. He saved me from having unnecessary knee surgery by ordering physical therapy and I will forever be grateful to him. He and his physical therapist truly do care about the well-being of their patients. Dr. Goodwin has helped many people I know and he is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. CHARLES B. Goodwin's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1971)