Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey P. Ng

I’m disappointed that I been now suffering from what I believe the flu. Day 15 now. I fear going to any doctor now. Why, history repeats itself. I almost, rather die, than to be misunderstood and treated bad. So maybe I’ll hit the streets. Anyone know where I can score some anti-viral meds. Maybe some botox, for painful muscle spasms I can do the treatment myself. What could go wrong? First rule “Do No Harm”. Ok Check… Wait… Wait… How did I get here? My story: My initial visit with Dr. Ng. With the “Confirmed” complaint on the intake form of joint and muscle pain. The first visit was essentially a review of history and a checklist of common issues for men of my age group. Okay, that’s good. Preventive medicine seems to be a good idea. I was asked if I snore, I replied “A little, so I’ve been told”. We talked more about this, than my joint and muscle issues. Then he order some imaging, some blood test, and a urine analysis. On the follow up. Turns out I had a urinary tract infection. This dominated the conversation on this visit. While Dr. Ng was reviewing the lab report. He said it didn’t make sense, something going on. To me when someone says that something dosen’t makes sense in an area of there expertise. It’s a GOOD SIGN. This made me feel like I was good hands, as mid level talent would BS and fake it. Okay meds, more lab work, and yet another follow up. On the next follow up. Partly, I felt a lot better. On the other hand, I was advised to discontinue use of ibuprofen. Too bad it, helps when things get bad. I understood why and I complied. I went in hoping the UTI was cured and JUST MAYBE he would help determine if I had tendinitis, arthritis, or whatever. Maybe it could be fixed or treated. Maybe I could enjoy playing guitar again. I was very hopeful. This visit was very short. After Dr. Ng finished taking about the UTI, he opens the door. I asked about my joint issues. Dr. Ng suggested it was caused by stress and there was nothing he could do. I continued to voice my concerns all the way to the check out desk. As he was walking, I asked one more question. Are my kidneys healthy enough to continue the use of ibuprofen? He said yes as he briskly walked away. Good news, glad I asked. After being rushed out, I notice the waiting room was empty in the middle of the afternoon. Guess I was the last one for the day. Maybe he had a T-Time or a flight to catch. Besides shaking my hand. Dr. Ng never touch me. The closest he got, was for about 10 seconds. When he listen to my upper respiratory sounds. I suspected, maybe there was influence from inaccurate information from prior doctor. So I requested a copy of my complete record set. I received the records. There wasn’t anything from other doctors. I made another request stressing I want everything including anything received from other practices. I received a response stating that HIPPA PREVENTED them from releasing this to ME. From my extensive experience from working with CME media production. I recalled a few bits of info about HIPPA and it seemed like BS. I personally reviewed the act. It was clearly written in plain English. The patient has the right, not only to review EVERYTHING the doctor sees. But also has the right to add their notes. Interesting. What’s going on, the staff should be trained on HIPPA. Why can’t people be honest and respect me and my RIGHTS, I ponder… This upset me. Instead of filling a complaint with a regulatory office. I responded, indicating I understood that IN FACT. “MY RIGHTS HAVE BEEN VIOLATED” using HIPPA as the EXCUSS. Wow! Maybe it was not intended and the staff was uninformed or simply a mistake. I remain objective. If I’m not mistaken, it doesn’t matter in the eye of the law. My HIPPA rights were violated using HIPPA as the EXCUSS. Maybe my expectations are too high. Regardless, this was not okay AT ALL. It aggravated my anxiety and caused me a little harm. Lost on another dead-end road, I am. Guess what, I get a response. Stating INDEED I WAS CORRECT! I finally received the information I was after. Dr. Ng also responded. I really appreciate this. However, it didn’t sit well with me. He mention he could tell I was NOT HAVING PAIN, just by looking at me. Wow so no need for a musculoskeletal examination. He also describes me expressing disappointment of my experience, my rights being violated, concerns of my complaints not being evaluated as per standard medical textbook recommendations, as well I mentioned I would take action if not it’s not addressed (It’s the only power I have, NOT A GUN, A discussion with peers and a judge to find resolution, not the same as gunpoint, Period), as “DISTURBING”. He also mentioned that if I was having issues I should have made an yet another appointment rather than to express my concerns in writing. Really sir? You told me it was all caused by STRESS and there IS NOTHING YOU COULD DO! Would the answer be different if you were not in a rush?

Submitted January 19, 2018

Ok, Very Good Doctor. Sits down and listens to your story. Asks pertinent questions. Calls specialists from his desk right in front of you to get you in sooner. Always asked if there are any further questions or concerns at the end of every visit. Willing to admit he doesn't know all the answers, but will help refer to other specialists who may know. Explains things to me about the labs and X-rays so I may better understand the diagnoses. Doesn't like ordering tests unless they are necessary. Offers alternatives to surgery and is open to other forms of therapy such as chiropractor and physical therapy. Likes to save me money by offering generics or letting me try out samples of medications from their sample closet. Yeah he is in Henderson next to the Galleria Mall which is far for this summerlin resident, but we have been following him around and hope he stays in the Vegas area. You make your own judgement, but the negative responses don't know that this doctor cares about his patients....staff comes and goes. A good doctor is rare in this town.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I love Dr.NG, and have followed hi to all of his practices. However, i am unable to see him as this office doesn't accept my insurance. But, believe me i will be switching insurances asap!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Jeffrey Ng is a WONDERFUL doctor and individual. I loved my appointment with him and had never been so excited to begin working with a doctor. Unfortunately I have been given no choice to switch to a different doctors office because his staff is not only unkind, but spoke to me in a way that I would not feel comfortable stepping in that building. I truly hope Dr. Ng fixes this before it causes a career issue for him!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Have been a patient of Dr Ng for the past 12 months His knowledge of and treating of diabetic patients I found surpasses any other doctor I have encountered in Las Vegas. I am appreciative of his directness and candor. Anyone serious about finding the Right Physicians really needs to seek this man out.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

He's gone from CareMore! He joined with Jacobs Medical Associates and will be relocating to Henderson at Galleria Mall exit! He's still the same Top Doc.....It will actually be easier to get to...just off the 95 interstate or the 215. No city traffic. Right next to the COSTCO! Here's his new phone number in case you can't find him: 725-333-8400. He has a website too: Jeffreyngmd.com. He doesn't start until Mid-Feb, 2015. Can't get any appointments at his old office as everyone left! He will be a part of the new Union Village Project!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Ok, the Maryland Pkwy office was further, but it was worth the drive. I used to weigh 212 lbs and now I am 160 thanks to him. He encourages good eating habits and incorporates medication with his diet program. Very genuine. Good bedside manner. He's got a lot of awards and after seeing him, I can see why he is a top doctor. He takes Aetna now! He has a hotline number if you get tired of waiting on hold too. Its 702-408-0471. His nurse is cool and answers most questions. Left my old primary and would follow this guy. He's too good to be true. AAA+++

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Though I am sad he is a out of network Aetna Provider now, he is Still worth seeing. I tried out other primary care doctors (the clinic where he used to work on Cheyenne :(, QuickCare, and Rainbow Medical....) and found that he was more knowledgeable and ALWAYS had my chart on his fingertips with his computer.....the other clinics were not as efficient. His new location at Maryland is busy, but there are 6 other providers there, so you will get in....he still runs on time....just FILL YOUR PAPERWORK OUT BEFORE you get there! He can retrieve most of your records from hospital and labs, but if you saw him at his previous practice, go get the records BEFORE....(they usually can't find them anyways....) but he is pretty smart and will just go by your memory. He is still nice and seems happier at this group. Hope this helps.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

He is very interested in your problems and doesn't beat around the bush. He's friendly and has a good bedside manner. He calls his consultants if he thinks it's important to know the answer right in front of you! Very knowledgable and thorough. His staff (Sasha and Myra) are good. His "hotline" enables me to get an appointment sooner and almost feels like a "fastpass" into his office. My wait was minimal. Service was good at the new Maryland Pkwy location. It was worth the drive from his old office on Rainbow. Top docs are hard to find. My family will follow him wherever he goes.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Same Great doc. New location. New staff. Much more organized. Computer charts. Definite upgrade from previous location and better practice. Great referrals. Top Doc award again.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey P. Ng's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1995)