Ratings for Dr. Joseph H. Friedman

Dr. Friedman is highly respected in his field regarding serious neurological disorders, but for other patients his diagnosis can be hasty and subjective. After a five minute evaluation in which I passed a neurological exam with flying colors I was told that my condition was psychiatrically based and was advised to seek talk therapy. In reality my symptoms were caused by a medication I was taking that has been proven in clinical trials to have CNS side effects. Dr. Friedman did not take the time to thoroughly explore this possibility. Upon researching this medication I called the FDA and they confirmed my suspicions. I was strongly advised to seek a second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Arrogant manner, lack of friendliness does not make an effort to listen to his patients. Appears defensive when questioned.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I have had nothing but excellent care for my Dad who is 83 years old and diagnosed by Dr Friedman with Parkinson's Disease. Do yourselves a favor and Google Dr Joseph Friedman, read his book on Neurology and see how lucky we are to have such a gifted and professional physician to help us. He has helped my father regain health from a very poor state and he is pleasant, listens closely and takes his time with you. He is the best in this area of medicine.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I have never found a doctor to be so cold, does't look anyone in the eye, acts like he is doing you a favor being there, doesn't listen to symptoms, gives the impression that he hates medicine,totally unwilling to do a complete exam.I would stay far away from this physician.he may have all the degrees but absolutely no bedside manner. I urge you to look further for a qualified professional.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr. Friedman is the most unprofessional care giver that I have had to associate with. Without reviewing my recommending physician's write ups and only spending 5-7 minutes with me, he determined that I have a severe psychiatric disorder and wants to refer me to his "friend" who specializes in the disorder. I am seeking a second opinion and will never refer, nor return to him. His demeanor was uncaring and abrasive and he didn't take the time to peruse the journal of symptoms that I have meticulously been cataloging. I question, that as a neurologist, how he can make a psychiatric diagnosis. Further, he wrote the disorder down on a prescription sheet, handed it to me and told me to "go look it up."

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Dr. Joseph H. Friedman's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1978)

Healthnet