Ratings for Dr. Sherry De Rappard

Harsh, mean, and judgemental are the words I would use to describe her. She should be a jail warden not a therapist. Her personality does not suit this job

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

After going to Dr. De Rappard's group, just a few times, I have had to take more medication, and stronger medication than I ever have. The other psychiatrist is a decent man and doctor, however, she seems to lead the group more. If you are fragile, I highly recommend finding somewhere that won't be so harsh. She pushes hard and can appear very cold.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I have seen Dr de rappard for a number of years, she is probing and challenges you, but like other reviewers perhaps a little more empathy would accomplish more, perhaps psycho dynamic psychotherapy is not a good model for ultimately helping people change long held patterns and beliefs. One could feel like a failure working in this model.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I've been greatly helped by Dr. De Rappard, who I saw for a couple of years. Her bearing is a bit more confrontational than many other mental health professionals, but for me this was a real bonus; I have a tendency to be avoidant in therapy, and Dr. De Rappard did a great job keeping me on track while still offering empathy and patience when I needed it. If you're only looking for affirmation, her tone may be alienating; but if you're ok digging deep, she'll keep you on pace.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Very empathetic and knowledgable. Narrowed in on the important issues quickly and with confidence. Very helpful!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. De Rappard for over 2 years now. I came to her with a very serious and deeply personal issue. Dr. Rappard has been very patient and sensitive to my dealing with this issue. At first I was very slow to open up to her but now I know she doesn't judge you and really wants to help you deal with your issues. I would recommend anyone who wants to sincerely work on themselves work with someone like Dr. Rappard. She has helped change my life around.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

The comments here sure help me deal with a lot of pain. I saw her for a few years and overall it was cold, but decent I guess. She helped me with depression, prescribing drugs that cleared it up permanently. Then one time a few years later I went back because I was in a very delicate situation. I was freaking out and I needed someone to help me sort through it and calm me down. Maybe I was saying some things she interpreted badly, and the fact that I'm male may be part of it, but she just ripped into me. I was shocked. Some of the things she said were just not true. I then went hysterical and did some rash things that made my situation so much worse. I am still scarred from it, 10 years later, and I am just now trying to reconcile with the other person (it's a complicated story). I am in my late 30's and I still haven't dealt with most of my issues. Sorry, but you should not end up scarred for over 10 years from a psychiatrist. This is serious sh*t, this is people's lives.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Assessment interview wirh Dr deRappard for my disability company was very cruelly and extensive but the resulting detailed recommendation were extremely helpful with my recovery and return to work.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

Dr. Sherry De Rappard personality and approach to therapy could potentially do damage to a person with a fragile sense of self (which I would imagine would be most of her clients). She is abrasive. She is by far the worst therapist I have ever seen. I feel sorry for any of her clients, and I can only hope she considers a change in occupation.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012