Ratings for Dr. Marketa Olah

I have been seeing Dr. Olah for many years now and have come to really respect her for her knowledge, ability to listen, her commitment as well as for her ability to remember issues you brought up in the past. I have seen her for a wide variety of issues, including mental health, and have found her very supportive and caring. Like most family doctors in Ontario, her roster of patients is large and the amount of time a doctor can dedicate to one patient is limited but every time I have needed her for more than some routine tests or questions, she has always been very generous with her time. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

It is no surprise to me that Dr. Olah's ratings are so low. If you are searching for a family physician who actually cares about your physical and mental well being, turn around and walk away...actually RUN. This doctor is pretty much only good for referrals, but her secretary is so incompetent that your referral probably won't even get processed. She ousts patients out of her office and begins to call in the next patient before you even get a chance to stand out of her chair. She is judgmental and belittling if your complaint has anything to do with mental health. It truly is a shame to see that she has treated other patients similarly. She is not committed to keeping up with medical literature or to her patients- the lack of commitment is evident by looking at her ridiculously short hours. Do your self a favour and save yourself a trip to her office...either way, it'll probably be closed anyways.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Olah's for a decade until recently—and I can't believe I waited so long to find better care for myself. Her receptionist, Lydia, is a very poor office manager. She is consistently negligent in her duties, directly impacting the care of Dr. Olah's patients. My experiences with her include several failures to book and keep scheduled appointments, failing to send necessary files to specialists whom I had to wait for months to see and then had to reschedule on account of her negligence, would receive calls back from her hours after booking an appointment having her ask ME what day and time SHE booked me in for, failure to call in requested prescription renewals to pharmacy then calling me asking me to do it even though it can only be done by the doctors office, failure or very long delay (if lucky) in returning voicemails for appointment requests, and poor attitude in speaking with patients in the office and over the phone. I have tried to be patient with this women but over a decade I don't think I've had one appointment or attempt to see Dr. Olah without one of these things happening. Incredibly, despite this track record, she has not been fired. And the fact that Dr. Olah hasn't done this makes me question her judgement and investment in the type of care and practice she offers her patients. Dr. Olah is as knowledgable as the next doctor but far less available. She has made an incredibly convenient schedule for herself at the disservice of her patients. She takes frequent vacations for 2-3 weeks at a time deeming her completely unavailable at that time. When she comes back patients are so desperate for appointments that everyone is overbooked. When you're in the office with her you have about 5 minutes to say VERY SUCCINCTLY (if you're capable of doing this pre-assessment) about what you absolutely MUST talk to her about. I've had issues for years that I've pushed back because she's simply not given me the time or shown me she cares enough about my health to listen to all of the issues that I'm experiencing. My final straw came a week ago when Dr. Olah literally asked me to leave her office after addressing only one issue (5 minutes of being in the office) that I had. During my time with her she was extremely curt and I felt like I was being reprimanded like a child by a parent. She also told me that I "shouldnt point fingers" at her secretary—who had AGAIN failed to write the proper date and time of my appointment—despite taking time off work and traveling from downtown to find my appointment time had not been kept again. Incredibly unprofessional behavior that no patient should have to ever deal with. Good riddance, Dr. Olah! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

As a doctor she is fine. But her receptionist is hopeless (sent our referrals to the wrong Specialists), her offices and waiting room is cramped and dark , she is constantly running late. and her hours dont make it easy to see her. Wouldn't recommend and we're looking for an alternative doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

She's great. Listens to you and remembers issues from last visit.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr Marketa Olah is not approachable, unfriendly and not caring. We were referred by her receptionist a way too many times to go to a walk-in clinic even though my daughter is only 3 years old. I have too many unpleasant scenarios with her since I started seeing her. I used to be a patient of her father in-law and I never had an issue with him. Hopefully my search for a new doctor will be successful.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Doctor Olah is always caring and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Olah has been my doctor for several years now and I've never had a problem with her. She always takes time to properly discuss any issues I'm having and never rushes me no matter how busy she is. I've been referred to a variety of specialists and am always called very quickly and they have been such good quality specialists. She goes above and beyond for me, helping with my insurance issues by giving me samples. She has never minimized my mental health issues and has been supremely helpful and caring about them. My only issue is with her hours, but I am usually able to get in within a week, and she always makes time if it is an emergency issue.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Olah might be an okay choice for anyone looking for routine care or a doctor to hand out prescriptions but not for anything beyond that. She seriously lacks understanding of and sensitivity towards mental health problems. She prescribes medication and referrs frequently, that she can deal with. I have been seeing her for years and despite my compliance in trying her suggestions and diagnosis by multiple psychiatrists I've always felt she doesn't believe what I'm saying. I feel like my mental health is no big deal to her even though it has caused a great amount of problems in terms of my daily functioning. She has frequently minimised this and seems to believe I'm either making things up or being overly dramatic. At times I have gone weeks without leaving my house, I would consider that a problem a responsible and caring doctor would be more concerned about. Then again I doubt she listens that closely. Overall if you have any kind of emotional or mental issues go see someone else. All you can expect from this doctor is a referral or meds and unfortunately that's not cutting it I can't trust someone who disregards my overall well being to take care of my health.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014