Ratings for Dr. Darcy Murphy

My wife went here after all the high ratings on their site. Obviously those are made up. Everyone is friendly but the dentists are incompetent. My wife went and had fillings done here . The dentist rushed through 5 fillings in about an hour. After months of sensitivity, my wife visited my dentist office in Vancouver and he said there was cavities under the fillings that were done! Thas money out of my pocket. My wife was really happy to leave this office and find someone who spends time to take care of her teeth! Please save your time and money and go to a proper dentist!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Wouldn't go anywhere else. Love the staff and Dr Murphy. He has an associate dentist but I never met her yet. I am sure she is good as Dr Murphy said she was his dentist. Never really had any major work but all is good so far for me an my family.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Just did a teeth cleaning with the dental assistant. A terrible experience as she spent (or rather wasted) most the time taking note and reading email, working with the keyboard and trackball which are disgustingly dirty. Hopefully there would be no infection resulting from this visit. The fee is very steep, almost twice as much as usual. And as the doctor couldn't restrain from proposing a restoration project of my rather healthy teeth.

Submitted October 18, 2015

Great dentist. Called me at home after my surgery to see how I was doing. Just felt at ease.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I had a great experience. Went in with a broken molar and was fixed up and another filling right away. I didnt feel a thing, normally i am extremely nervous but i felt at ease

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Never trust a bunch of reviews that are all 5 stars. These other reviews are all obviously written by people that work here. This practice has gone waayyyy down hill. If you value your teeth then DO NOT go to this dental practice (also known as queens park dental). They constantly over look issues and miss very simple things until it's too late when your issue turns into a really big (and expensive ) problem. I repeat: SAVE YOUR TEETH AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.!!

Submitted October 4, 2015

I am not sure there are enough words of thanks to express my gratitude for what Dr Darcy Murphy has done for me.Not only he saved my tooth bridge performing an excellent bone graft but he also saved my money.Rhetorical question:How many dentist/doctors are thinking to save their patients' money nowadays.His medical staff -is as amazing as he is.For the very first time I feel truly thankful living in New West.Thank you Dr Murphy :)

Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Murphy and his staff are the BEST in the business. They are wonderful in every way. Honesty and integrity are just the norm here, not to mention fabulous care.

Submitted July 3, 2014

Excellent dentist and excellent support staff. Been with Doc Murphy for many years. Never had a better dentist.

Submitted May 15, 2014

Great dental office and dental professionals. A big bonus for New Westminster suburb of Vancouver)truly amazing.

Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Darcy Murphy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Darcy Murphy has been serving the people of new Westminster and the surrounding areas since 2004. He graduated with his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at Dalhousie University, in Halifax Nova Scotia in 2003. He had the honour of being elected class president, President of the Dental Society and Class Valedictorian. He then went on to a one year Dentistry General Practice Residency (GPR)at the University of Alberta Hospital. Dr. Murphy also volunteers his time and service to the British Columbia Coroners Service (BCCS) as a Forensic Odontologist. He is presently one of three forensic ondontologists that take calls on behalf of the Bureau of Legal Dentistry (BOLD) called in by the coroners service to identify human remains. For more info check out the article "I Do it For Closure" New Westminster Record. He also supports many community organizations such as the Hyack Ambassador Program, NWSS Scholarship Fund, Royal Columbian Hospital, The 12th St Music Festival and Uptown Live Festival. Dr. Murphy is an active member of the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, BC Dental Association, BC Forensic Odontology response Team, Canadian Dental association, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and Academy of General Dentistry.

• Dalhousie University (Grad. 2003)

• Pierre Fauchard Academy Award