Ratings for Dr. William E. Von Kaenel

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis at 34. It is, as stated by a surgical doctor after doing surgery on me, a very severe case. I had a hysterectomy--oophorectomy at 36 since I was told repeatedly that would resolve my pain. It left me in chronic pelvic pain so intense that I could not walk. I lost my job, my life, everything. I have owned and worked as a Restaurant Manager all my life, so I had very good insurance. I had 3 surgeries in less than 2 years for treatment of Endometriosis. Upon visiting Dr. W. Von Kaenel, he stated to me that "just because I was in pain didn't mean I couldn't work," as a Pain Management Dr. he is obligated to complete any medical insurance paperwork, at a fee, of course. However, he refused to complete my paper work for my long term disability insurance, that would pay me my salary until 65 years old. He stated that my primary was responsible to complete such paper work. My primary said, no, he is the pain specialist so he is the one that completes the paperwork for the insurance company. He refused. I say well over 30 doctors, he was one of many who treated me like I was a fraud. I lost my long term disability payments even after I was determined to be disabled by the Social Security Administration. He robbed me of what I earned, he made my life more complicated than it should have been, because the money was earned and needed to continue to live at a level that didn't leave me in poverty. I hope this has not happened to other people, but I wouldn't know it if it had. He may have book knowledge, but he is a horrible human being. I would even venture to say is a misogynist. I wish that I could forgive him, but he destroyed my life even worse after I lost my life to Endometriosis.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Having had several procedures done by this Dr. I would have to agree that his knowledge is superior. But his rude and terrible hospital bedside manners on more that one occasion tells me he is a control freak and must have "little man syndrome". My last experience was with my wife at my side, and that was the last time I will ever see him, unless I happen to recognize him riding his bicycle by himself one day!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have had "chronic" back pain for the last... Well.. Forever! I was referred to Dr. Von Kaenel by my pcp for "pain management" Unfortunately, it took over a month to get a consult, and now I have been waiting a bit over a month to hear back on a diagnostic test that needs prior authorization from my insurance. In the meantime, my pcp has put up quite a fuss in prescribing pain medication. According to him, the "pain management" doctor should be prescribing that. I have yet to hear back from anyone at Dr. von kaenels office re pain management medications. Frustrating to say the least. All of that aside, Dr. Von Kaenel ha an awesome personality and clearly knows what he's talking about/doing. I just wish the office/insurance side of things was ALOT quicker. Ready to be able to function as a normal 32 year old, and not a 90 year old stuck in a 32 year old body!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. von Kaenel is the only pain management physician in Fresno selected to participate in the Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression study. He has superior clinical skills.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr Von Kaenel was very interested in my pain & helping me. He is scheduling a lumbar epidural injection for me. I have been in pain for so long. I left feeling positive that his goal is to help me!! He had a great personality & has a great staff!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Excellent experience, coureous staff. Resolved chronic back pain.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

I've been a patient for just over a year. No better off than 1st appt. Took way over three weeks to get in even with a referral. Talks directly into his recorder during visit, taking only into account the pain notes gathered from office staff. Very difficult to relay pain location and problem to him. Be sure you understand what the pain form and diagram is asking and you put exactly what pain your having and where it is located before seeing this doc. He goes directly off this sheet and takes no to little time if you speak up - to actually talk to you as a patient. New office receptionist is rude and disrespectful. I've had better results from other pain professionals in the past. Very resistant to prescribe pain pills. He is a likeable person otherwise.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

Dr. William E. Von Kaenel's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1985)

Oxford