Ratings for Dr. Mylvaganam Thavanathan

Dr. Thavanathan may have a pleasing personality but he can also be dangerous. Below you will read of a patient in 2012 who almost lost his life due to Dr.'s mistake. Our family was not so lucky. In 2016 he performed an unnecessary procedure which led to our family member's death 3 weeks later. I urge you to get 2nd opinion before any surgury this Dr. suggests .

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I recently had Dr. Thava for gallbladder removal with complications cause i waited to late, he went above and beyond to be able to do it the new way which i am forever grateful cause i was told none of the other doctors would have even tried and just take it out the old way. I have to have more done this week and scared but know i will have the best surgeon ever to perform the surgery. This man is a blessing to his patients, he is so pleasant, so nice and i just absolutely adore him and would recommend anyone that is lucky enough to get him to do so. I will never forget him as long as i live and will always be very thankful for him for going above and beyond. he is the best there is, he is totally awesome.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr Thava's secretary for me in several times in a moments notice when I called expressing complications from my recent surgery by Dr Thava. Expressing much thanks to him and his staff for excellent care. I can't believe people who try to get fitted in for non emergency issues and pressure office staff or hospital staff for the same treatment such as Cancer patients as myself. Very easy to write a non favourable comment here without everyone knowing the facts on each side. My case was an emergency and was treated as such.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

He is an amazing surgeon and i hope he helps as many people as he did me :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

always a pleasure to have Dr. Thava as my doctor..he and his receptionist have gone out of their way countless times for my care and members of my family.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. Thava has performed two surgeries for me and was very helpful, compassionate and professional on all occasions. He gave me his opinion when I asked for it but left the ultimate decisions to me. His receptionist, on the other hand, is ill fitted to her job and is extremely abrasive and ignorant with what seems to be little or no care for Dr. Thava's patients or their concerns.

Submitted June 8, 2015

I gave Dr. Thavanathan an overall rating of five stars but what do any of these ratings really mean? More important than ratings is proof and I am that! You see I was diagnosed with rectal cancer which had spread to my liver in 2000. At the time I had two young teenage children. I now in 2015 have three young grandchildren, now that's a true rating!!! Thank you Dr. Thava

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr Thava is amazing...his grace and presence is beyond words. Dr Thava is a man of few words but excels in his profession. Dr Thava saved my dad's life and we will forever be grateful..he tells it as it is, and don't sugar coat anything. I just pray that there are more surgeons in the province like Dr. Thava. God Bless him!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

dr.T performed surgery on me in oct/13. i found him very good. very understanding,considerate and took plenty of time before and after the procedure. would have no problem recommending him. I would use his services again if necessary.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Very nice doctor. Very thorough and knowledgeable. His receptionist, however, is very rude and unprofessional. I had so many issues with her that I got referred to a different surgeon.

Submitted April 29, 2013