Ratings for Dr. John C. Tanner

Dr. Tanner is an amazing Physician! He is a brilliant drug and alcohol Addiction Specialist at the forefront of the field with many, many years of experience. As such, he lectures across the Country and trains other Physicians in the field of Addiction Medicine and is highly regarded and respected in the Addiction Medicine Community. I've been a patient of his for over 8 sober years and I can attest that if you, or a loved one are suffering the throes of addiction and/or alcoholism and are in need of help, he's your man. I am so very thankful to Dr. Tanner for helping me get, and remain sober. I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone and everyone because his level of knowledge, expertise, kindness and compassion is unsurpassed in my experience. None of us are alike, nor our histories, nor what led us down the road of addiction and alcoholism, and therefore no one single treatment plan could ever possibly heal all of us successfully; and one of Dr. Tanner's greatest attributes lies in his ability to construct a tailor-made treatment plan for each individual patient. So, for a new lease on life, or to save the life of a loved one, go see Dr. Tanner...and you'll be amazed how he can help you!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr. Tanner has not practiced with Dr. Vaughn Dobalian, owner of Beaches Family Medicine since 2014. If you will notice, some of Dr. Tanner's ratings are very high and some are as low as it can go. Could this be because some people were led to believe they were seeing Dr. Tanner when they were actually seeing Dr. Dobalian? Dr. Dobalian and Google continue to list Dr. Tanner as being in practice at Beaches Family Medicine, when he is in fact practicing at Parthenon Behavioral Center and Beaches Addictive & Behavioral Health. Please do not confuse Dr. Tanner with Dr. Dobalian. Dr. Tanner gets the 5 stars!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr Tanner is a terrible physician. All he does is push psych meds. I was calling and complaining to staff the dose was too high, I felt abnormal, and he wouldn't alter my dose until I came in for an office visit, next available was 4 months out! He is useless!

Submitted August 10, 2015

Dr. John C. Tanner

Dr. John C. Tanner's response
Sorry that you have confused Dr. Tanner with another doctor that he used to practice with. A complaint of medication dosage being too high or poorly tolerated would NEVER be ignored by Dr. Tanner.

Submitted January 13, 2016

He is a great doctor that is worth ever dollar i highly recommend

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

He is an excellent doctor who has dealt with so many types of difficult people and can figure out their problems. He helped me realize I have an alcohol problem without making me feel like a dirt bag. People need to understand their diseases and this doctor can help you if you really want to change. A good doctor like Tanner will educate and empower people, not try to control them.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Needed to get help with my addiction, all he did was tell me I was an addict and would need to take medicine for life. I told him my goal was to end this problem but he did not listen!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Amazing doctor because he takes time with his patients, and genuinely wants to help you. Not only is he beyond knowledgeable in his field, and makes sure you understand everything he is telling you. best doctor I have ever had!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

There is no one better in the Addiction field than Dr. Tanner. He and his staff are compassionate, caring but also very knowledgable about addiction medicine. Dr. Tanner's approach to treating addicts in all encompassing. He treats and patient AND the disease. I have personally had nothing but a postive experience with Dr. Tanner and his staff. He is very intelligent and knows when a patient is trying to pull the proverbially "wool over his eyes." So, don't go in there and think you're going to get one over on him. He's too smart for that! However, if you are ready to turn your life around and stop the insanity of addiction, Dr. Tanner will assist you on your journey. Sobriety is a marathon - not a sprint! I owe this man alot. Eight years ago, when I first visited him a very broken woman, he didn't judge me or enable me - he simply helped me get back on my feet. Obviously, I would highly reommend Dr. Tanner and his entire staff to anyone serious about their recovery!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr is VERY closed minded. Tried for two months to get him to fill out one form,REFUSED..Sat in his chair with hands in the air and asked 8 times "well what do you want me to do". All I needed him to do is fill out one form so insurance would pay form medicine.REFUSED REFUSED again and again saying he's to busy... Bad experience.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Dr. John C. Tanner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1983)

• Inagural Diplomat of the American Board of Addiction Medicine, March 12, 2009 to current-time unlimited) Cert #102.
  • Certified Medical Review Officer, recertified 12/20/2013.
  • Clinically Certified Forensic Counselor--American College of Certified Forensic Counselors
  • Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine--FASAM--1998 to time unlimited.

• Principal Investigator for Phase 2 & 3 Clinical Research on Buprenorphine; March 2008-July 2008. The clinical safety, tolerability and efficacy trial. There were 2 other investigators/sites for the Suboxone film formulation that was approved by the

Top Hospitals in Jacksonville Beach, FL